Red Belt Madness

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

dog80
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Red Belt Madness

Post by dog80 »

Suggestion: Add Red Belt Tech to Blue Science

Why: My conservation in multiplayer is that people as soon as they get the red belt tech build it and use it mostly everywhere... then the game somehow stops... we increase more iron to make more red belt, to use it in spaces where it is not required. Instead of building precisely positioned additional yellow belts, we use MUCH of the iron to make super expensive red undergroundbelts/splitters... oh ok.. what is next... oil -- gnah im tired of having placed redbelt everywhere... -- The natural flow should be get 2-3 iron 1-2 copper 1-2 steel then immediatly go to oil -- get plastic -- start redcuircit -- go into bots + blue science... -- if you are experienced you can easily lay another yellow belt. So thats my take on #stopredbeltabuse

- though still it might be a bit too drastic...

- my point is just that yellow belt should be the standard - or lets say the current state is:::

red/green science then REDBELT (which just improves the current production - but that can be easily made without redbelt too in that state of the game)
instead of
red/green science then OIL (which actually brings the game further - to redchips blue science etc...)

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Red Belt Madness

Post by bobucles »

Isn't this the kind of problem that exists between the chair and keyboard? They're still going to go full HAM on red belts, no matter where they are in the tech tree.

There's nothing in the game that forces players to use red belt. You can absolutely build rockets on yellow belt no problem. However the red upgrade is very potent and upgrading it is kind of fun.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Personally, I rarely use the red belts. I typically just put yellow belts everywhere, then upgrade to red if there's a throughput issue.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

dood
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dood »

Where's the problem?
Red belt isn't that expensive.
Don't try to shove your way of playing down everyones throat.

I use yellow inserters but it would never occur to me to suggest to lock blue inserters behind tech to make other people who only use blue inserters use yellow inserters.

JimBarracus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JimBarracus »

In endgame I only use blue belts, just because I need the inventory space.
When I would carry all tiers of belts, inserters and assembly machines I couldn't carry all the building material for every purpose.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”