[0.16.37] Starfall: Amator Phasma's Modpack (BETA)

Doesn't fit in the other categories, like libraries, small fixes or modpacks.
AmatorPhasma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.16.37] Starfall: Amator Phasma's Modpack (BETA)

Post by AmatorPhasma »

Type: Modpack & Overhaul
Name: Starfall: Amator Phasma's Modpack
Multiplayer: supported and recommend
License: GPLv3, for indiviual mod licenses see the respective linked mod threads
Supported version: 0.16.35+
Tested-With-Factorio-Version: 0.16.37
Language: English (German version are planned in the future)

This is only the modpack core mod, you have to download and install the dependencies manually
Download: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ap_modpack

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 0.16.64
- add an fix for playing with "Factorissimo2 2.2.3", at the cost of removing all yellow tint asphalt tiles if this mod is present.
- per player setting (true/false) for the notification sound if an meteorite on collision course were detected.
- per player setting (true/false) for the notification message if an meteorite on collision course were detected.

- Bugfixes: fixed wrong behavior in recycler recipe generator.
Unfortunately this change alter some recipes, after updating to this version, look your filter inserter.. again! ... sorry for this, but there was something I dont had in mind on the last change, the multipurpose materials that interupt the calculation for the scrap metal.
Example: there is unicomp that can be transformed from all ores into all ores, this results in failures, such as that plastic pipes produces iron scrap metal :D

Anytime! after updating or installing this mod!
1. Check all dependencies.
2. Quit the game.
3. Delete your "Mod-Settings.dat" -> You find this in your mod folder on Windows by pressing [Windows Key]+[R] then copy this in: "%appdata%\Factorio\mods" then hit Enter. On linux... you know where to find it, if not, go back to windows. On mac os ... who knows ... I don't! :twisted:
4. Start the game.
5. Have fun!

Problems?
Try first to "delete your "Mod-Settings.dat" (I knows! but for the moment this is necessary!)
Report them!
If the game ends with an error msg. box (like: Fail to load mods:ap_modpack/lib/ap_tech_update.lua:59: attempt to index local 'p_technology(a nil value)') allways attatch a link to your last log file "factorio-current.log" best way to do it with: https://pastebin.com. You can and should always strip the first lines about your username or computer equipment.

Bases?
Hey if you play this mod and like to share your mid-game base with me, this would be great for my research: how can I make you more headache.
Just post a link in the forum or PM to me. :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About this modpack:
This ModPack was originally intended only for a private game with friends,
but I have decided to make it public in the hope that others might like it.

It's just an beta version at the moment. (But only a few things to adjust, right now 3 ppl. play this on a test server to check it's working.)

The whole Modpack is build around the mods from Bob, Angel and Yuoki as the center, with a few own ideas in the corners for example:
- A complex uranium and plutonium treatment.
- Resources from all mods are integrated into science production.
- Many productions generate scrap metal that needs to be transported away and recycled.
- For processor production (high-end electronics), rare earths must be refined.
- Meteorites can hit everywhere on the map, thy bring a little bonus of ressources. (Impacts are not exaggerated and the chance that the base is hit is very low, are you the unlucky one?)
- Solar eclipses that interrupt your production of energy through solar cells. (You should have a backup plan.)
- Map generates with low resources in start area, all others are far away, but also there you will find only medium patches, find a way to deal with it! (You need trains!)
- Oil patch generation can be a slap in the face, but there are other ways to produce oil! (on our test server there is a rich field, but miles away :D ~ 1200 tiles)
- More on a later date... (working on the last implementations...)
Dependencies
This dependencies are hardcoded in version, make sure they fit!
Optional
Todo
Features - This list is incomplete
Future
Chancelog
Last edited by AmatorPhasma on Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:27 pm, edited 40 times in total.

MorpheusZero
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.16.36] Amator Phasma's Modpack & Overhaul (BETA)

Post by MorpheusZero »

Hey! I have been playing on your modpack--its awesome!

I wanted to talk to you about this modpack being featured as one of the "officially endorsed" modpacks for a new tool I am currently writing for Factorio that will serve as a new launcher. Auto downloading all of the files for you, writing to the configs, and then finally launching the game based on a profile. I'm still in the early stages--but I started doing it as a hobby side project when I used your modpack and the tools out there already were lacking. I'm currently working on a Launcher app that will be runnable across Windows/Linux/Mac operating systems.

Interested? All you got to do is say yes--then when Im ready to actually get a release out, I'll credit the modpack to you and link back to this forum post.

erezd
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by erezd »

loved the idea and been playing it around. but for some odd reason i am having trouble using blueprint with the mod.
every time i try to play a blue print and a bot is building it i am getting this error message (attached)
i added a couple of other mods i also tried disabling them no success in fixing the error.
please help.
Attachments
error.png
error.png (3.46 MiB) Viewed 29144 times

AmatorPhasma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AmatorPhasma »

Hey,

thanks for the report, I see what the problem is and I will fix this with the next version when I'm home.

erezd
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by erezd »

AmatorPhasma wrote:Hey,

thanks for the report, I see what the problem is and I will fix this with the next version when I'm home.
thank you my friend.
and keep the good work

AmatorPhasma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AmatorPhasma »

erezd wrote:

thank you my friend.
and keep the good work
Version 0.16.46 should fix your problem.
And sorry, our "test" game has not progressed so far that we would have found this mistake by ourselves.

AmatorPhasma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AmatorPhasma »

MorpheusZero wrote:(...)I am currently writing for Factorio that will serve as a new launcher. Auto downloading all of the files for you, writing to the configs, and then finally launching the game based on a profile. I'm still in the early stages--but I started doing it as a hobby side project when I used your modpack and the tools out there already were lacking. I'm currently working on a Launcher app that will be runnable across Windows/Linux/Mac operating systems.
That sounds like a good idea, especially profiles, I always miss an option in Factorio for easy switching between mod packs / lists.

And apologize for the late reply to your post, and yes if you want, you can use this core mod for it.

erezd
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by erezd »

AmatorPhasma wrote:
erezd wrote:

thank you my friend.
and keep the good work
Version 0.16.46 should fix your problem.
And sorry, our "test" game has not progressed so far that we would have found this mistake by ourselves.
i am currently updating the pack and checking.
is the "test" server working? i would love to play multiplayer
if you have a discord or something for the server.

*Edit: no more error thank you :D

protos_perm
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by protos_perm »

Hi.
I have problem with last version your modpack during game loading:
https://ibb.co/dG9aGc

AmatorPhasma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AmatorPhasma »

protos_perm wrote:Hi.
Hi,

Please try to delete your "mod-settings.dat" in the mod folder and try again, if this dosent fix your problem please post your logfile "factorio-current.log" (please use https://pastebin.com/ to post that logfile)

You find your logfile on windows in: "%appdata%\Factorio" and your mod-settings.dat in "%appdata%\Factorio\mods".

Kalarian
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kalarian »

I get the same error, modpack looks awesome though.

AmatorPhasma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AmatorPhasma »

Kalarian wrote:
Hey,

same for you, please delete the mod-settings.dat and try again, if it dosen't solve your problem send me your logfile as a link here or as pm. In the log file are more information what happend and I can try to understand.)

protos_perm
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by protos_perm »

AmatorPhasma wrote:
Kalarian wrote:
Hey,

same for you, please delete the mod-settings.dat and try again, if it dosen't solve your problem send me your logfile as a link here or as pm. In the log file are more information what happend and I can try to understand.)
Deleting mod-settings.dat helped. Thank you.

AmatorPhasma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AmatorPhasma »

protos_perm wrote:
AmatorPhasma wrote:
Kalarian wrote:
Hey,

Deleting mod-settings.dat helped. Thank you.
That good, thanks for the response.

I'm aware of this problem that all have to delete this file on first start and every update (if I'm changing default values of mods. In the futuere I will handel such things better but first I must have an idea how :D)

AmatorPhasma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.16.36] Starfall: Amator Phasma's Modpack (BETA)

Post by AmatorPhasma »

In Version 0.16.52

I have implemented a script to "spawn" meteorites, on the impact position you will find some new ressources (besides the way over Angel's slag slurry/algae this is an other was to keep your factory feeded, because the planet has only low ressources. )

At the moment this meteorites will spawn in the area:

Code: Select all

2500 x 2500, -2500 x-2500 from the center

There is a safty area where no one will impact:

Code: Select all

100 x 100, -100 x -100 from center
And they do only a moderate damage of 100 points, most buildings will survive this . (They shouldn't be too annoying if they hit your base.)

The time when a meteorite spawns is something between 20 and 40 Minutes, only one at the same moment, you will be informed when and where a meteorite hits the ground.

It is a new game mechanic and I will improve them later on...

AmatorPhasma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AmatorPhasma »

In Version 0.16.57

Solar eclipses
there is a chance (probability by a roll 5:100 per minute for such an event) that an other planets transit can lead into a solar eclipse for 2-4 game-days.
You can change this probability in the settings: range between 0.001 to 1 (the default of 0.05 was good in my test, not too often and not too rare).

This is a little counter mechanic for the solar power.

Another change in this Version I would like to mention:
- I have removed the technology "Toolbelt 3" removed
and I prepared for people that would now slap me in the face with a old fish...
but 4 toolbelt rows overlap with the chat section! (thats was ugly :D)

- Meteorites can now left ore behind that also contains normal "angel's" ore, with a canche of 35%.

Deveritas
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Deveritas »

Hi - I'm running into an issue.

I made sure that I have all the correct versions of the mods in info.json - is there something I missed? I'm running version 16.59.

I've attached my factorio-current.log, and I took a look through it. There are two blocks of listed errors, starting on lines 813 and 2132, with missing recipes and technologies.

Edit: except I forgot to delete mod-settings. Whoops!
Attachments
factorio-current.txt
(292.2 KiB) Downloaded 195 times

Balaezth
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Balaezth »

Hi, i have a question to your modpack...
maybe you can help me out...

To get the "Wooden Age Sience Pack" i need "Resin"... to get "Resin" i need to research the "Basic automation" at least... but for the "Basic automation" i need the "Wooden Age Sience Pack"

Is there another way to get Resin i dont see?

FNEI say there are 3 Ways...

From Wood in a assembling machine
From a crate with 5 Resin
or from liquid Resin

Am i missing something?

AmatorPhasma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AmatorPhasma »

Balaezth wrote:Am i missing something?
Yes you miss something, but that's my fault :roll: , I messed up the start script.
Will be fixed in 5 minutes, in version 0.16.61.

Normally you start with this Items:
3x burner-assembling-machine
2x burner-mining-drill
2x burner-ore-crusher
2x stone-furnace
6x burner-inserter
100x seedling
65x basic-transport-belt
50 x fertiliser
1x car

Balaezth
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Balaezth »

AmatorPhasma wrote:
Balaezth wrote:Am i missing something?
Yes you miss something, but that's my fault :roll: , I messed up the start script.
Will be fixed in 5 minutes, in version 0.16.61.

Normally you start with this Items:
3x burner-assembling-machine
2x burner-mining-drill
2x burner-ore-crusher
2x stone-furnace
6x burner-inserter
100x seedling
65x basic-transport-belt
50 x fertiliser
1x car
you are the best! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I really want to play this mod, it looks awsome...

Great Job!

Return to “Mod Packs / Libs / Special Interest”