Joined game, was paused for me host could move

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Sauerkraut
Inserter
Inserter

Joined game, was paused for me host could move

Post by Sauerkraut »

Hello,

today me and my roommate wanted to play some scenarios and started up a new hope 3

He started the level in singleplayer, saved the map, hosted in multiplayer and i joined (we did it like this for the first two levels of the campaign)

When i joined, the game was paused for me but he was able to move freely (i even saw him moving/building/shooting aliens). I was unable to interact with anythin, as the game looked paused for me.
Both of us were unable to toggle the paused state (nothing happened when we pressed the button)

I captured the incident via shadowplay, but mp4 uploads are not allowed :/

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Joined game, was paused for me host could move

Post by eradicator »

Sauerkraut wrote:I captured the incident via shadowplay, but mp4 uploads are not allowed :/
Just put it into a zip file. Or upload it to one of those gif hosters that utterly destroy the video quality :P.
By "paused" do you mean just "couldn't move/do anything" or was it actually the pause state, aka darkened picture + grid shown?

Sauerkraut
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sauerkraut »

The pause dialog was open and blocked any interaction, however, in the background I saw the host able to move and do stuff

Yeah, why did i not think of simply zipping it, derp :roll:
Attached it now.
Attachments
Factorio 2018.04.06 - 12.59.58.04.DVRTrim.zip
(6.48 MiB) Downloaded 84 times

blueblue
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by blueblue »

One error source is the following: The function story_show_message_dialog in lualib/story.lua appears to check for player count where it should check for wether the game is in multiplayer mode, because the check for wether the game is in multiplayer was added only recently. Until that is fixed, here's a shitty workaround: Try to pause the game before the fifth second (that should be the first time that function is called) and unpause it after two players are in the game. There might be more issues unrelated to this of course.
unique_2 on discord and mod portal

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

blueblue wrote:One error source is the following: The function story_show_message_dialog in lualib/story.lua appears to check for player count where it should check for wether the game is in multiplayer mode, because the check for wether the game is in multiplayer was added only recently. Until that is fixed, here's a shitty workaround: Try to pause the game before the fifth second (that should be the first time that function is called) and unpause it after two players are in the game. There might be more issues unrelated to this of course.
Thats unrelated, and also fixed for the next release

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Was it random one-time thing, or was it happening regurarly? Can you still somehow reproduce it? Did he pause the game before/after you joining?

Return to “Pending”