Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by Hellatze »

Is there a way to get acetone acid ?

Like using sugar to create it ?

Using green catalyst are too expensive for making bio plastic.

danyax
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by danyax »

Hi Angel,

I like playing on marathon mode. I have always wondered why on marathon mode casting alloys have different ratio that casting pure metals:

50 Molten Iron -> 4 Iron plate
but
40 Molten Bronze -> 4 Bronze plate

Is there some logic behind it or it is just an oversight?

Thanks.

LDVSOFT
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LDVSOFT »

Hi there, Angel!

Your modes are really nice, but I have a question: do you post changelogs for alpha/beta versions? I can see the mod can be updated, but cannot see what has changed.
Where is your Angel+Bobs megabase?

fiery_salmon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fiery_salmon »

LDVSOFT wrote:Hi there, Angel!

Your modes are really nice, but I have a question: do you post changelogs for alpha/beta versions? I can see the mod can be updated, but cannot see what has changed.
See for an example https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Arch666A ... processing
Changelog:
-fixed filtering recipe
-added aboretum
-added ethanol void recipe

-added localizations
-added recipe values

-update to 0.16
-added gardens
-added crop farms
-added crop processing recipes and techs
-added bio-plastic production chains
-added paper production chains

-update to 0.15

-fixed missing algae farm recipes
-added missing localization strings
-fixed missing recipes for salination plants in vanilla
-removed fuel value for small artifacts

-disabled alien artifact tech when bob enemies is present

-removed wood from cellulose and resin recipe
-reordered alien artifacts
-removed fuel value from alginic acid
-added fuel value to artifacts

-added brown algae
-removed pulver production
-added possible fix for the handcrafting bug
-internal restructuring
-fixed grouping order

-added third tier algaes
-added alien-processing lines back in
-tweaked some numbers

-moved algae farm recipes to technology
-fixed a typo in the description

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Changelogs are kept inside the mod .zip or if you go to the mods option ingame:

pjf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pjf »

Hellatze wrote:Is there a way to get acetone acid ?

I'm making bio-plastic by turning almost anything into a nutrient mush, and refining that into acetone. It's working a treat!

There's a second pathway producing acetic acid from a fermentation base (eg: corn), but I haven't started on that yet.

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

pjf wrote:
Hellatze wrote:Is there a way to get acetone acid ?

I'm making bio-plastic by turning almost anything into a nutrient mush, and refining that into acetone. It's working a treat!

There's a second pathway producing acetic acid from a fermentation base (eg: corn), but I haven't started on that yet.
any guide on that ?

acetone require green metal catalyst

system
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by system »

fiery_salmon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fiery_salmon »

Hellatze wrote: any guide on that ?
Have you tried https://mods.factorio.com/mods/npo6ka/FNEI ?

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

fiery_salmon wrote:
can you just explain ?

i dint want to use mod right now.

fiery_salmon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fiery_salmon »

Hellatze wrote:
fiery_salmon wrote:
can you just explain ?
This mod will help you find all the recipes to create the selected item.
As I understand
you wanted something like that. If you wanted something else you may want to rephrase it or explain it better or wait for someone who understands what you wanted.

LDVSOFT
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LDVSOFT »

Arch666Angel wrote:Changelogs are kept inside the mod .zip or if you go to the mods option ingame:
Oh, here there are, I was looking for them before upgrade... Thank you!
Where is your Angel+Bobs megabase?

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

Until now chrome plate have no use.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

pjf wrote:Hey Angel,

Just wanted to say that after a long break I've been playing with the new Bio Industries mod and it's been *fantastic*. Through a bit of exploring I got some bio-plastic running, which gave me just enough to plastic to make a handful of circuits, which in turn meant I could construct some logistic train stations.

The balance feels really good. Exploration is rewarded. Bio-tech provides modest returns at first, but doesn't require a giant petrochem setup, and just having started my third farm I can see how it can grow nicely as more seeds are collected. That feels like it fills a really good niche: small-scale production at the start, scalable production if you work with it.

My only gotcha has been I got lucky with one of the plants that provides crystal dust, but I'm still on my first two science packs, so I'm not anywhere near along enough to be able to use it. Have you considered adding a recipe to turn crystal dust into mineralised water? This would mean I could use it for algae growth or even just void it, rather than having it accumulate until my sulphuric acid chain is running.

Many thanks again for all the amazing work you do!

~ pjf
Well, why don't you have a sulfuric acid chain? That's easy tech. Or do you mean you don't have enough sulfuric acid?

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

mrvn wrote:

Just wanted to say that after a long break I've been playing with the new Bio Industries mod and it's been *fantastic*. Through a bit of exploring I got some bio-plastic running, which gave me just enough to plastic to make a handful of circuits, which in turn meant I could construct some logistic train stations.

The balance feels really good. Exploration is rewarded. Bio-tech provides modest returns at first, but doesn't require a giant petrochem setup, and just having started my third farm I can see how it can grow nicely as more seeds are collected. That feels like it fills a really good niche: small-scale production at the start, scalable production if you work with it.

My only gotcha has been I got lucky with one of the plants that provides crystal dust, but I'm still on my first two science packs, so I'm not anywhere near along enough to be able to use it. Have you considered adding a recipe to turn crystal dust into mineralised water? This would mean I could use it for algae growth or even just void it, rather than having it accumulate until my sulphuric acid chain is running.

~ pjf
Well, why don't you have a sulfuric acid chain? That's easy tech. Or do you mean you don't have enough sulfuric acid?
Sulfur are the hardest to get in early game.

If you didnt have lead

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Hellatze wrote:
mrvn wrote:

~ pjf

If you didnt have lead
And you only need a little bit of sulfur to start the slag to ore loop and then you have a sulfur breeder.

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

mrvn wrote:
Hellatze wrote:
mrvn wrote:

~ pjf

If you didnt have lead
And you only need a little bit of sulfur to start the slag to ore loop and then you have a sulfur breeder.
You forget blue science need a lot of sulfur.

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

Sulfur is super easy to get, no idea how people can have problems with it, unless playing seablock or something and then its really not Angels fault-

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Termak wrote:Sulfur is super easy to get, no idea how people can have problems with it, unless playing seablock or something and then its really not Angels fault-
Then tell us how. Washing coal isn't enough here.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

mrvn wrote:
Termak wrote:Sulfur is super easy to get, no idea how people can have problems with it, unless playing seablock or something and then its really not Angels fault-
Then tell us how. Washing coal isn't enough here.
Wash all the coal you use for power, do sorting for chunks, put prod moduls in the washing,... there are a lot of ways to get more yellow waste water.

Return to “Angels Mods”