Give alarms cooldowns

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Give alarms cooldowns

Post by bobucles »

I tried to set up a few alarms and one thing in particular annoyed me. The sound generator only has two modes: Make no noise, and spam noise all day long. All I wanted was an alarm that made one noise and kept blinking on the map until it was fixed.

Please let us set sound cooldowns on alarms. The two main things are "0-x seconds" and "play once until unset (9999999sec)".

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Give alarms cooldowns

Post by Tekky »

Related threads:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=58076 Different Volume for Different Alerts
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=46386 Dismissing alerts

Personally, I think the ability to dismiss/disable alerts would be the best solution. However, there should be an alert manager window, in which all (even disabled) alerts are still visible and can be reactivated. See the second thread for more information.
Last edited by Tekky on Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ghoulish »

I agree. When you play with big biter bases or death world settings then something, somewhere, is always getting attacked. The sound itself is quite piercing and I find myself muting the alert sound through options, which really defeats the point of having an alarm in the first place. A cool down on an alarm would be a boon, being able to dismiss or disable an alert would be a logical step forward. An alert manager window would perhaps be the best solution? I envisage a pop up window with a list of all the attacks, where you could enable / disable / mute each attack, perhaps even double clicking one would take you to the location in map view or even real world view if that area has radar? I can only imagine however the amount of work such a system would take to implement, and considering Wube's desire to push out 1.0 soon ™, I wonder if it's feasible along with all the other things they want to add / fix / change. I'd be happy (though not happiest!) With a config setting to set the cool down..

It's undoubtedly something which could use some refinement though.
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

My concern is mostly with setting up the alarm item. It can be quite annoying that it can only be in your face or completely under the radar

AngledLuffa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AngledLuffa »

This suggestion would greatly improve the usability of alarms. Setting an alarm to let you know when an outpost runs out of a resource is extremely handy, but then having it blare at you for the next 10 minutes while you reallocate resources or build more smelters/assemblers is extremely annoying.

An alarm manager interface or some other way to turn off individual alarms would also satisfy that need.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”