Any way to prevent bots from building ghosts?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Velox
Inserter
Inserter

Any way to prevent bots from building ghosts?

Post by Velox »

I'd like to plan out parts of my base without my bots building any of it until I tell them to. Any way to achieve this *without* disabling bots, removing bots from bot towers, down-powering bot towers, removing the materials from provider chests or anything else along those lines.

If not, anyone know of a planning mod that allows you to ghost parts of your base then hit a 'go' button to have your bots 'colour it in when you are ready?

Cheers

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Any way to prevent bots from building ghosts?

Post by impetus maximus »

i would love more control over ghosts for personal robo ports, other player's personal robo ports, and ground based robo port bots.
like having personal robo ports ignore ghosts i'm laying, for ground bots to take care of, or vice versa. ghosts that other players robo-ports would ignore.

more control of deconstruction planner would be welcome as well. drives me crazy when i want my personal bots to pick things up, and other players bots do it instead. :x

aober93
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aober93 »

I dont play multiplayer, but my personal bots still compete with stationary ones.

Like im building outposts. If i rebuild it, i raze parts. The stationary bots pick it up, and dump it to the trash system. My trash train picks it up, and away it is lol. I have other supply systems bringing it back to me. But parts take a grand detour sometimes its funny.

Manron
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Manron »

when building outposts i use logistic bots in the network only and do the building with my personal bots. logi bots can carry up to 4 items at once, while constructors only carry one. speeds up things considerably, and no item detour.

Return to “Gameplay Help”