[MOD 0.14] AAI Programmable Vehicles

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Krivougolnik
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] AAI Programmable Vehicles

Post by Krivougolnik »

And one more thing. Of course, I could have invented something myself, but sometimes it happens that tanks that patrol zones are recived damage, consuming all ammunition and fuel. It would be great to have a ready solution, but I probably ask too much.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

jinsediaoying wrote:Robots getting shoot down is not a thing that need avoid. It also happens when you do the laser tower crawl
But with turret crawl I have 4 laser turrets and they distract the aliens.

On the other hand there are 200 alien artefacts to collect so all bots will be flying around collecting them. And nothing to distract the aliens that are in range of the robots but out of range of the chain gunners.

Asonael
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Asonael »

Asonael wrote:I seem to be having a problem. Chaingunners do not automatically attack biters, nor do biters seem to attack them. I've tried all 3 AI modes (Off, Auto and On) and they still refuse to auto-attack biters.

Mods include:
Everything AAI
Alien Biomes
Auto-fill (which neither fills chaingunner with coal or bullets)
Beautiful Bridge Railway
Bullet Trails
Enhanced Map Colors
Long Reach
Minimap Autohide
RSO
Text Plates
I somewhat fixed my problem. The vehicles' AI doesn't seem to kick in when the vehicle is placed. But after telling the vehicle to move with the controller, all of the AI kicks in and they start attacking aliens that get near them.

Krivougolnik
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Krivougolnik »

If the laser tank is equipped with piercing projectiles and it shoots at the enemy, if there is an allied vehicles or building between the enemy and the laser tank, then it takes damage, which levels the use of these shells and makes their use meaningless.

starxplor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starxplor »

Not sure where else to post this so I will put it here.

I have created a blueprint for a controller structure to send a miner to an ore patch, a hauler to the miner until a specified amount of resource is in the hauler, returning it to a depot and sending back out to the miner.
AAI.png
AAI.png (515.46 KiB) Viewed 8997 times
CC at the bottom outputs the desired miner id and zone type. From this zone type, a position is pulled and used to send the miner. From this miner id, its position is pulled and 5 added to both X and Y so the hauler does not ram the miner. The CC's at the top output the hauler id from one and the X/Y location of the depot with a generic red signal valued at 1. This signal is used to decide if the hauler has the required quantity of ore. On the right side, a zone scanner looks at the tile the miner is on and if there is no ore, sends the coordinates to the zone controller to de-zone that tile.

Only 5 things need to be changed for each placement, the two vehicle CC's (with zone type), the depot location CC, and the two ore testing combinators.

Blueprint string: https://pastebin.com/48C6zqNy

EDIT: Updated blueprint string to remove extra green wires that accidentally set the zone instead of removing it and connect the miner's location to the zone scanner instead of the hauler. Image shows the old version because I do not feel like taking a new screenshot.

arismetica
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by arismetica »

Earendel wrote:
jmickle_ wrote:I just recently picked up AAI Programmable Vehicles again, and I'm now getting huge FPS drops when placing any vehicles from the mod. Even when holding just one automatic miner in the hand, on a compeletely new save, my FPS drops to around 15~20, and my UPS is down to 60. As soon as it's back in my inventory everything returns to normal.
Someone else reported that problem on but then said it was a mod compatibility issue and that it was fixed after an update, I don't know what mod it was though. Can you try with only AAI and it's dependencies installed?

I have the same issue, your mod is the only one installed, just the moment I place any vehicle, fps drops a lot, making the game unplayable.

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

arismetica wrote:
Earendel wrote:
jmickle_ wrote:I just recently picked up AAI Programmable Vehicles again, and I'm now getting huge FPS drops when placing any vehicles from the mod. Even when holding just one automatic miner in the hand, on a compeletely new save, my FPS drops to around 15~20, and my UPS is down to 60. As soon as it's back in my inventory everything returns to normal.
Someone else reported that problem on but then said it was a mod compatibility issue and that it was fixed after an update, I don't know what mod it was though. Can you try with only AAI and it's dependencies installed?

I have the same issue, your mod is the only one installed, just the moment I place any vehicle, fps drops a lot, making the game unplayable.
Is it the same problem where the slowdown happens without placing the vehicle and it is still your hand, or is it only when you place it?

Also what vehicle are you placing, and if it is a miner is there a difference between the miner on resources and off resources?

arismetica
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by arismetica »

Earendel wrote:
arismetica wrote:
Earendel wrote:

Is it the same problem where the slowdown happens without placing the vehicle and it is still your hand, or is it only when you place it?

Also what vehicle are you placing, and if it is a miner is there a difference between the miner on resources and off resources?
It doesn't happen when holding in my hand, only once it's placed, and only if I can see the vehicle, I mean, if I walk away and the vehicle dissappear from the screen, fps goes back to 60.

It happens with all the mod's vehicles, and no difference if the vehicle is moving or standing still, or mining, if I can see it, fps goes to 10.

Edit: I made some testing, and solved the problem, it was the warden, if I uninstall that vehicle, everything runs fine, but if the warden is installed, the problem persist, even without use it in-game, just wanted to share so you can see what could be the problem.

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

arismetica wrote:
Earendel wrote:
arismetica wrote:
Earendel wrote:

It doesn't happen when holding in my hand, only once it's placed, and only if I can see the vehicle, I mean, if I walk away and the vehicle dissappear from the screen, fps goes back to 60.

It happens with all the mod's vehicles, and no difference if the vehicle is moving or standing still, or mining, if I can see it, fps goes to 10.

Edit: I made some testing, and solved the problem, it was the warden, if I uninstall that vehicle, everything runs fine, but if the warden is installed, the problem persist, even without use it in-game, just wanted to share so you can see what could be the problem.
That helps, thanks.

Illiander42
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Illiander42 »

Found a crash:

Changing the powered state of a vehicle (on/off/auto) while you are in it crashes the game.

Derringer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Derringer »

I've been seeing a few more oddities:

When a player character is in a flying vehicle with AI switched on and following a move order, the character is sometimes ejected over water. A character stranded on water cannot enter a vehicle at all. The only way to recover from being stranded like this is to place landfill under the character's feet, at which point the vehicle can be entered. The character is also ejected when switching vehicle control mode over water. Do you by chance occasionally force the character out of the vehicle and back in (or into a replaced/rebuilt vehicle entity)? If so, I suspect the "back in" part simply fails, in the same manner as in this case.

A miner following a move order often discards its move order when entering or leaving a resource patch.

And a feature request: some way to control transfer of energy from grid batteries to the vehicle energy buffer. My current thought on the subject is to use percent battery charge in the unit data as the minimum percentage of battery charge to leave behind when pulling energy from batteries. Pulling motive power from batteries is also disabled while a player is driving, which is a change from 0.15 behaviour.

I also got a report from a user of xcompat_bobvehicleequipment that miners are so aggressive about pulling energy from batteries they'll disregard the contents of fuel slots entirely.

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

Derringer wrote:I've been seeing a few more oddities:

When a player character is in a flying vehicle with AI switched on and following a move order, the character is sometimes ejected over water. A character stranded on water cannot enter a vehicle at all. The only way to recover from being stranded like this is to place landfill under the character's feet, at which point the vehicle can be entered. The character is also ejected when switching vehicle control mode over water. Do you by chance occasionally force the character out of the vehicle and back in (or into a replaced/rebuilt vehicle entity)? If so, I suspect the "back in" part simply fails, in the same manner as in this case.

A miner following a move order often discards its move order when entering or leaving a resource patch.

And a feature request: some way to control transfer of energy from grid batteries to the vehicle energy buffer. My current thought on the subject is to use percent battery charge in the unit data as the minimum percentage of battery charge to leave behind when pulling energy from batteries. Pulling motive power from batteries is also disabled while a player is driving, which is a change from 0.15 behaviour.

I also got a report from a user of xcompat_bobvehicleequipment that miners are so aggressive about pulling energy from batteries they'll disregard the contents of fuel slots entirely.
Wait, you can charge the vehicles with electricity?
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

Derringer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Derringer »

aka13 wrote:Wait, you can charge the vehicles with electricity?
Yup. If a vehicle runs out of fuel and has charged batteries in its equipment grid, the AI will transfer up to 225 MJ of grid battery energy to the vehicle's energy bar. In 0.15 this function was always active, in 0.16 it's active only when the AI (not a player) is driving. This gets awkward when combined with the problems with flying/floating vehicles...

I actually had a game state corruption save-failure crash recently that may be related as well. The autosave fired during a move order to approximately the given coordinates.

Code: Select all

Error Entity.cpp:200: Saving entity "indicator-beam-yellow" on chunk {-1, 0} at position {320.0312500000, 244.6093750000} [00014008, 0000f49c]. The game state is probably corrupted.

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

Derringer wrote:
Yup. If a vehicle runs out of fuel and has charged batteries in its equipment grid, the AI will transfer up to 225 MJ of grid battery energy to the vehicle's energy bar. In 0.15 this function was always active, in 0.16 it's active only when the AI (not a player) is driving. This gets awkward when combined with the problems with flying/floating vehicles...

I actually had a game state corruption save-failure crash recently that may be related as well. The autosave fired during a move order to approximately the given coordinates.

Error Entity.cpp:200: Saving entity "indicator-beam-yellow" on chunk {-1, 0} at position {320.0312500000, 244.6093750000} [00014008, 0000f49c]. The game state is probably corrupted.
This is strange. My miners do not have equipment grids. Am I missing something?
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Derringer wrote:

If you can reproduce it using earlier autosave it would be really good to report it on bug reports forum. It might be pretty dangerous if mod can cause this in repeatable way.

Derringer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Derringer »

aka13 wrote:This is strange. My miners do not have equipment grids. Am I missing something?
Bob's Vehicle Equipment and my cross-compatibility patch, providing grid equipment and adding grids to AAI vehicles respectively. The patch has no runtime code and only fixes up prototypes during the data stage; the electric-hybrid code is part of AAI Programmable Vehicles and additionally in the Miner itself though unreachable without something like my patch. The patch is also aware of Aircraft and fixes up their grid definitions.

The combination makes for some interesting possibilities. Shields on chaingunners make them noticeably less fragile, although the shield equipment costs more than the chaingunner itself. A distant miner can run entirely on solar panels and batteries, without requiring fuel delivery. A hauler with roboports may be better at routine maintenance than a warden. Boost motors or even aircraft afterburners on a Flame Tumbler to put more vroom in your vroom, though you may rival trains as a hazard to other players if you do ;)

jessefjxm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jessefjxm »

Is it possible to restrict ships only consider water when path-finding? currently they works fine on the sea but cannot routing against land that blocks the way :shock:

jessefjxm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jessefjxm »

Got a problem when turning ship's AI on while I'm on board:
Ships come from this mod: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ships_extended

AI works fine when I'm not on it. Seems to be a conflict with Pavement Driving Assist. Turn off PDA then things goes fine.

Edit: got another minor bug on this ship mod. Ship cannon slot will disappear with AAIPV installed--without any notice of warning.

dood
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dood »

I made an automated zone scanner.

Constant combinator with the zone to be scanned=1 -> zone scanner set to tile output -> tile scanner set to resources and entities output -> decider if iron ore > 0, output zone of your choice=1, repeat for each resource -> zone controller plus the tile position from the zone scanner.
Box something in and it'll auto-assign a zone to it based on its contents.

Seems a bit more resource friendly than nonstop scanning and you can use 1 context sensitive zone to order attacks or send out miners depending on what you select rather than memorizing each zone and manually selecting it or letting jesus grab the wheel with an automated range-based scan.

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

I got this error, when trying to use this mod with Raven. Both works just fine alone, but looks like they don't like each other :( .
Gonna post in Ravens to to see if you guys can make both happy again :D

__aai-programable-vehicles__data-updates.lua:2...grammable-vehicles__/prototypes/entity/entity-update.lua:90: attempt to index a field 'colision_box' (a nil value)

Return to “Mods”