[0.15.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

nythawk11
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.15.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by nythawk11 »

hey have a question,
im using version 15.40 and i have angels mods as well but i can get your ores in the map editor to place it on the map or in the menu to specify how big i want the patches to be or richness or spawn ratio angels pop up but bob ores wont even after i enable it can u help me with the problem?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

nythawk11 wrote:hey have a question,
im using version 15.40 and i have angels mods as well but i can get your ores in the map editor to place it on the map or in the menu to specify how big i want the patches to be or richness or spawn ratio angels pop up but bob ores wont even after i enable it can u help me with the problem?
Sounds normal to me. Angels mod is an overmod for bobs, it changes a lot of how things in my mod works, so if you have any issues, you need to take them up with him.

However, what I can say, is that Angels mod is supposed to remove my ores, because it replaces them with it's own.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

bobingabout wrote:
nythawk11 wrote:hey have a question,
Sounds normal to me. Angels mod is an overmod for bobs, it changes a lot of how things in my mod works, so if you have any issues, you need to take them up with him.

However, what I can say, is that Angels mod is supposed to remove my ores, because it replaces them with it's own.
Note: You get bobs ores when you sort angels ores after crushing. You don't mine them.

laku
Inserter
Inserter

Post by laku »

Mining a fast (filter) inserter gives back an express inserter. I am using all Bobs mods and nothing else.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

laku wrote:Mining a fast (filter) inserter gives back an express inserter. I am using all Bobs mods and nothing else.
I did a test. everything seems to work as intended.
I also have a Patreon.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

There is problem with color update override.

If someone decide to use highres icons (eg. 64px and not 32px), game will not load because bobtech mod replaces 64px icons with 32px icons, fix is simple, when assigning icon, always also specify icon_size, before assigning icon.

i suspect there will be other mods, that have this problem. atm. game doesn't use highres icons AFAIK, but it supports them. you can even use same icon as for tech tree (and tech tree icons are 128px)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

mexmer wrote:There is problem with color update override.

If someone decide to use highres icons (eg. 64px and not 32px), game will not load because bobtech mod replaces 64px icons with 32px icons, fix is simple, when assigning icon, always also specify icon_size, before assigning icon.

i suspect there will be other mods, that have this problem. atm. game doesn't use highres icons AFAIK, but it supports them. you can even use same icon as for tech tree (and tech tree icons are 128px)
I can understand how this will be an issue... I'll make a note about it.
I also have a Patreon.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

bobingabout wrote:
mexmer wrote:There is problem with color update override.

I can understand how this will be an issue... I'll make a note about it.
i think spread of highres icons is not imminent, since UI still uses 32px for recipe/craftui/toolbelt, but on the other hand, people try to use research assets for recipe/item, and then it will be problem.

for now i use double assets (128px and 32px copy of it). might be interesting to see, if atlas will reuse same resource, or just create downscaled copy

Return to “Bob's mods”