[Rseding] Modular Vehicle Quick-Transfer

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[Rseding] Modular Vehicle Quick-Transfer

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Mods that add vehicles with equipment do not handle quick-transfer correctly. This is not a mod issue.
If you open up a vehicle, and switch to the equipment tab, quick-transfer transfers the equipment items into the main inventory instead of the equipment inventory.
The same occurs for quick-transferring fuel.

The expected behavior is that when you open the equipment tab, quick-transfer should place items into the equipment grid similar to opening normal modular armor, and fuel should be placed into valid generator equipment.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Rseding] Modular Vehicle Quick-Transfer

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. I've fixed it so fast-transferring into the equipment grid always goes to the equipment grid and not the main inventory for the next version of 0.16.

The fuel logic i'm not sold on so I left it as it is now.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Uh, the fuel logic is kinda important. You can fast transfer into personal armor ehich lets you fill a large number of generators, but for a vehicle you have to fill them one at a time. Default to fillinf the vehicles fuel, then whichever inventory us open.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Ranakastrasz wrote:Uh, the fuel logic is kinda important. You can fast transfer into personal armor ehich lets you fill a large number of generators, but for a vehicle you have to fill them one at a time. Default to fillinf the vehicles fuel, then whichever inventory us open.
I don't understand what you're saying. What does "Default to fillinf the vehicles fuel, then whichever inventory us open." mean?

IronCartographer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by IronCartographer »

Rseding91 wrote:I don't understand what you're saying. What does "Default to fillinf the vehicles fuel, then whichever inventory us open." mean?
I think OP wants to transfer fuel into burner equipment grid items without opening them directly, i.e. filling any that can be filled while looking at the grid instead of the generator's inventory.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

IronCartographer wrote:
Rseding91 wrote:I don't understand what you're saying. What does "Default to fillinf the vehicles fuel, then whichever inventory us open." mean?
I think OP wants to transfer fuel into burner equipment grid items without opening them directly, i.e. filling any that can be filled while looking at the grid instead of the generator's inventory.
Exactly. Currently you can shift-click fuel to quicktransfer into your own armor, and it fills up burner generator type equipment.
However, this is not true of vehicle equipment.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Ranakastrasz wrote:
IronCartographer wrote:
Exactly. Currently you can shift-click fuel to quicktransfer into your own armor, and it fills up burner generator type equipment.
However, this is not true of vehicle equipment.
Well, it is now.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

So both changes are coming? Both quick transfer equipment to vehicle grids AND quick transfer of fuel?
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”