[MOD 0.15] ModuleInserter 2.0.0

Topics and discussion about specific mods
MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.+|0.13] ModuleInserter 0.2.1

Post by MasterBuilder »

Tone wrote:When installing this mod the modules appear to be pixelated/distorted.

Top pic is without the mod installed and bottom is with
Do you have texture compression on? It's been known to cause weird graphical issues.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Tone
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tone »

MasterBuilder wrote:
Tone wrote:When installing this mod the modules appear to be pixelated/distorted.

Top pic is without the mod installed and bottom is with
Do you have texture compression on? It's been known to cause weird graphical issues.
No I do not

Jürgen Erhard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jürgen Erhard »

I see the same some similar graphics corruption of the module icons. Both Factorio and mod current (mod just installed and looked at... I don't like the UI, especially when I want/need to work on placed items, but then I guess that's the limitations of Factorio's mod API)

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Updated to 0.2.3: Download + Changelog

Beacons now accept productivity modules if another mod removes that limitation from the beacon prototype.
Jürgen Erhard wrote:I see the same some similar graphics corruption of the module icons. Both Factorio and mod current (mod just installed and looked at...
Are you on Windows 10 too?
Or asking the others: Anybody having glitched module icons not on Windows 10?
Jürgen Erhard wrote:I don't like the UI, especially when I want/need to work on placed items, but then I guess that's the limitations of Factorio's mod API)
Not sure i understand the part about working on placed items. I usually only need the ModuleInserter UI when setting up the rules the first time and then whenever i unlock new modules or need a new profile. I have to agree though that the UI could be prettier, but UI work sucks :D

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Added 1.0.0 version for Facotrio 0.14.x Download + Changelog

yololio
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13|0.14] ModuleInserter 0.2.3|1.0.0

Post by yololio »

Hi there! My mod stopped working. Are you aware of any incompatibility?
When I use the planner it creates an entity in my inventory "entity name module inserter proxy". Then it disappears after a while with no modules updated.
Is there any log or anything like that I can post about it?

Syrchalis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13|0.14] ModuleInserter 0.2.3|1.0.0

Post by Syrchalis »

I would love to use this mod, but there is no module inserter item. The UI to configure is there, but I can't select entities to be equipped because the item isn't there for it.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Added 2.0.0 version for Facotrio 0.15.x Download + Changelog

doc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15] ModuleInserter 2.0.0

Post by doc »

Hi, this mod is causing an incompatibility with some other mods that use tinted graphics instead of using their own graphics.

An example of the error can be seen here: http://imgur.com/a/WuobQ

I think the issue stems from that the machine in question is using a tinted version of the chemical plant icon, instead of having its own custom icon.

When using a tint there is an "icons" property instead of "icon", so you are ending up will a nil filename. The icons property is a bit weird and looks like this:

Code: Select all

icons = {{icon="__base__/graphics/icons/chemical-plant.png", tint={r=0.5,g=0.5,b=1,a=1}}},
So you need icons[1].icon to reach the actual filename. Would be better if you can support the tint too, it is probably possible in styles, but I haven't looked into it.

This is currently making ModuleInserter incompatible with my Portal Research mod, two players have reported this already, certainly other mods might be affected too.

Thanks!

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Fixed in the latest update.

It now checks if the prototype has an icon field, if not it uses icons[1], including the tint.

Ralfinator
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ralfinator »

I am using this mod with factorio 0.15.37 and a few other mods. There is a serious problem: The mod is just creating modules out of nothing! I created a little module inserter configuration to put 4 productivity modules 3 into every level 3 assembler (the fact that I actually need to have those devices to set this up is a little weird, but whatever). I went to map mode, and selected a whole bunch (>50) of assembly machines. My robots used up all the modules I had on me, and put little funny green things into the others, but there was no indication of any further modules being requested for the remaining machines. Indeed, the next module that got produced was sent to my inventory. Now I tried the module inserter again on some of the same machines, and what happens now is that it just fills them all with level 3 productivity even though I don't have any.

I tried the same again, and it happens a lot even without using map mode.

Btw, what is the reason that it doesn't just put the same "requester slots" into assembly machines that the game uses when putting down a blueprint with modules?

Here's my mod list:

AutoDeconstruct_0.1.9.zip
Bottleneck_0.8.5.zip
long-reach-research_0.4.1.zip
upgrade-planner_1.4.10.zip
auto-research_3.5.0.zip
clock_0.15.0.zip
ModuleInserter_2.0.5.zip
YARM_0.7.204.zip

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

I can't answer about the bug. But as for the part about using the ghost item requester it is simple. At the time the mod was written there was not an easy way to add it to the entity. There is now however and I do believe it should be upgraded to use it.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

A bit late, but:
If the assemblers are inside a logistics network that has modules available it will take from the network without having bots fly there.

From the mod portal page:
Notes:
Modules will first be taken from your inventory, if you don't have enough it will take them from the logistics network (for entities in logistics range only).

Eduleo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] ModuleInserter 3.0.1

Post by Eduleo »

Since Factorio actualized to version 0.16.23, Moduleinserter does not allow me to insert Productivity modules in assembling machines/Chem plants/Oil Refinery, etc. It was working fine with factorio 0.16.22

whitecold
Inserter
Inserter

Post by whitecold »

The mod can be fixed adding a few lines in local function on_player_selected_area(event), as limitations are no longer a table, but an array
Change the lines testing for appropriate limitations

if entity.type == "assembling-machine" and recipe and next(prototype.limitations) and not in_table(prototype.limitations, recipe.name) then
                                    player.print({"", "Can't use ", prototype.localised_name, " with recipe: ", recipe.localised_name})
                                    valid_modules = false
                                end
And add the helper function somewhere:

function in_table(tbl, item)
    for key, value in pairs(tbl) do
        if value == item then return key end
    end
    return false
end

Demosthenex
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Demosthenex »

I noticed two things. If you have an entity with modules missing (blue icon), new module configurations don't replace it and you have to manually cancel the blue modules missing notice, or remove and replace the entity.

Second the module inserter cards have a 4 MJ fuel value and cost nothing to produce. This is a trivial infinite power exploit.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Productivity modules not working should be fixed in the latest release.
Demosthenex wrote:I noticed two things. If you have an entity with modules missing (blue icon), new module configurations don't replace it and you have to manually cancel the blue modules missing notice, or remove and replace the entity.

Second the module inserter cards have a 4 MJ fuel value and cost nothing to produce. This is a trivial infinite power exploit.
I'll try to remember to remove existing vanilla module requests when selecting an area with ModuleInserter the next time i feel like modding (might be a while :roll: )

Second: I assume you mean the "proxy chest" I'm using? With my mods/Module Inserter alone, there's no way to produce them in an automated way (i think?) I changed the fuel value to 0 anyways

Demosthenex
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Demosthenex »

Choumiko wrote: Second: I assume you mean the "proxy chest" I'm using? With my mods/Module Inserter alone, there's no way to produce them in an automated way (i think?) I changed the fuel value to 0 anyways
So I'm using No Hands Crafting, and I made the "Module Inserter" (cursor?) for your mod in an assembler. That item burns.

Solarwuff
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Solarwuff »

With the last update to 0.17 this mod will give the following error up on loading the game

PS i have bob's mods running also

BlackHat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by BlackHat »

Solarwuff wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:13 pm
With the last update to 0.17 this mod will give the following error up on loading the game

PS i have bob's mods running also
I have the mod running with no problems. Maybe you have a mod conflict? Make sure you have the latest version downloaded. IF it still exists, create a new game and start deleting mods until you find the conflict.

EDIT: which Factorio version are you using? It might be the problem too. I tested on 0.17.4

Return to “Mods”