[.16.28] In game screenshots ignore mapview

Things that has been reported already before.
mathturtle
Inserter
Inserter

[.16.28] In game screenshots ignore mapview

Post by mathturtle »

I've been playing around with the

Code: Select all

/screenshot
and

Code: Select all

/c game.take_screenshot
commands on the console and I have a bug report/feature request. They are very nice and I've made some good screenshots, but right now the screenshot commands capture the area around the player character *regardless of what I am actually looking at*. I would like to be able to take a screenshot of the map and I can't figure out how to do that with the game's screenshot tools right now. If I have the map up, or am map-viewing a remote location, the screenshot still captures where my character is.

I tested this 2 days ago with .16.28 and haven't had a chance to test the new version yet, but I didn't see it in the changelog so I'm still reporting it.

Mods: I'm not actually sure if this is a bug report or a feature request... put it where it belongs please. Also I tried searching this being previously reported, but when your search includes the word screenshot it finds *everything*.

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [.16.28] In game screenshots ignore mapview

Post by impetus maximus »

when in doubt default to feature request.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [.16.28] In game screenshots ignore mapview

Post by eradicator »

Documentation on LuaGameScript.take_screenshot is on the web ;). You could try show_gui for taking pictures of the map, but don't be sad if it doesn't work ;), *that* might be an actual feature request if it doesn't. And if you want to take a screnshot from somewhere else you'll have to supply the coordinates. Or you could just install a mod that does it for you.

Return to “Duplicates”