Option to disable auto-repair by pers. roboport robots.

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Tev
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Disable personal bots while moving

Post by Tev »

Hell no to the OP
ssilk wrote:Besides that: I want to know at every moment how many bots of my PR are outside and about where they are.
Hell yeah!

deer_buster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by deer_buster »

A hotkey would be nice, or some kind of way to designate what they are and aren't allowed to do...

Slayn25
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Slayn25 »

I'm all for toggles for everything bot related. Construction/Logistics/Trash, Personal/Base.

Phasma Felis
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Option to disable auto-repair by pers. roboport robots.

Post by Phasma Felis »

ssilk wrote:Are you too lazy to type in "personal roboport" in the search bar of the mod plattform? 8-)

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Articula ... entHotkeys
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/mknejp/p ... ort-switch

I think both are useful.
Neither one of those fixes the problem, at least for me. Personal Roboport Switch only disables personal construction/deconstruction within range of stationary roboports; it doesn't affect repair robots at all.

Equipment Hotkeys is nice, but it doesn't stop personal drones from trying to repair things while the player is inside a vehicle. It *does* stop repairs when on foot, and it stops construction/deconstruction always. I've looked at the code and there's no special case that I can see; it looks like the game's code for launching repair drones inside a vehicle bypasses whatever mechanism the mod uses.

Phasma Felis
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Option to disable auto-repair by pers. roboport robots.

Post by Phasma Felis »

I took another look at Equipment Hotkeys and figured out the problem. The mod disables roboports by setting construction_radius = 0, but an occupied vehicle's distance from the driver is 0, so the bots are allowed to work on it. Setting robot_limit = 0 fixes it--disabled ports aren't allowed to launch robots at all. Just add this line to the mod's data-final-fixes.lua file, before "data:extend(equipment)":

processEquipment("roboport-equipment", {["robot_limit"] = 0})

StasCZ
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Personal roboport toggle

Post by StasCZ »

Please add "on / off" button, maybe on right down corner. And please add place only for robots in roboport. now they are in inventory and if you take out your inventory, you must searching robots and take they back. Thank you :)
Last edited by Koub on Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed title to describe the actual need

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Suggestion: Personal roboport toggle

Post by Aeternus »

I'd like to suggest a function to be added to toggle the personal roboport(s) on or off. Sometimes when you are travelling and come in range of some construction, your personal robots will decide to start helping that even when you're not planning to stick around. This can cause bots to become lost - far away from the character, especially if you're moving by train.

When moving on foot this can be worked around by taking the armor off, but you don't have that option when you are in a vehicle.

<NO_NAME>
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Suggestion: Personal roboport toggle

Post by <NO_NAME> »

Yeah, escaping robots are really irritating.
I am a translator. And what did you do for Factorio?
Check out my mod "Realistic Ores" and my other mods!

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

+1

But not because of escaping bots, but because I find it annoying altogether that personal construction bots are priorized over the network construction bots. The personal bots always try to join the construction / deconstruction fun... always taking away items from my inventory I don't want them to, or dump items into my inventory on deconstruction filling it up to the point I cannot put the item I am holding in the hand back into the inventory. Urgh.

Atlas
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Atlas »

Yes! Yes! Yes!
And as a bonus, an option to toggle exoskeletons too.

<NO_NAME>
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by <NO_NAME> »

MeduSalem wrote:+1

But not because of escaping bots, but because I find it annoying altogether that personal construction bots are priorized over the network construction bots. The personal bots always try to join the construction / deconstruction fun... always taking away items from my inventory I don't want them to, or dump items into my inventory on deconstruction filling it up to the point I cannot put the item I am holding in the hand back into the inventory. Urgh.
That too.

Actually, in another thread, I posted solution that covers even more cases. (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=57792#p343277)
I am a translator. And what did you do for Factorio?
Check out my mod "Realistic Ores" and my other mods!

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ghoulish »

There's a few mods which cater to this, but it really is a feature that should be in vanilla!
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

n7m6e7
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by n7m6e7 »

+1

Especially in multiplayer, people will set up massive projects just outside of the base, or along train tracks, so i either lose all my stuff, or lose a handful of bots as i pass by.
There are no absolutes. I live knowing I could always be wrong, but with confidence that I could also be right.

gsezz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by gsezz »

There's a few mods which cater to this, but it really is a feature that should be in vanilla!
exactly. The mods are a solution for now, but they don't work very well. Especially when switching gear around.
+1

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Impatient »

+1
Another reason for me is, placing blueprints, and not losing the last item i am holding because my personal robots start to fill in the bp. This though has been suggested and discussed before.

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Aeternus »

Suggested way to implement it: On toggle, reduce the roboport area for the player object to 0x0. On the next tick, that should recall any and all bots and prevent them from popping out again until the area is toggled back to the normal size.

Koltrast
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Koltrast »

+1

ethernal
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ethernal »

+1

Zool
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zool »

+1

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I find myself opening my armor and ripping it out quite often, which is easy enough, but putting it back in is a pain because you have to find it in your over-filled inventory.

a toggle would be lovely
+1
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”