[MOD 0.16.x] MadClown01's Extended AngelBob Minerals

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.x] MadClown01's Extended AngelBob Minerals

Post by MadClown01 »

orzelek wrote:Can you also add an option to remove the liquid for infinite ore mining like in agnels ores?
Or use option from infinite ores mod?
(Maybe you already did I didn't check :) )
I'll use Angel's setting. Added to the to-do list, thanks orzelek :)
Edit: Updated to be compatible with all Angel's fluid settings
boksiora wrote:great mod
Thanks bud

randiskhan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by randiskhan »

Code: Select all

Failed to load mods: __Clowns-Extended-Minerals__/data-updates.lua:20: attempt to index field 'angels-enablefluidreq' (a nil value)
I think the problem is angelsinfiniteores is still listed as an optional dependency, but this setting requires it. I didn't have angelsinfiniteores loaded. Error went away once it was.

Thanks for al your hard work - Loving the mods!

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

randiskhan wrote:

Code: Select all

Failed to load mods: __Clowns-Extended-Minerals__/data-updates.lua:20: attempt to index field 'angels-enablefluidreq' (a nil value)
I think the problem is angelsinfiniteores is still listed as an optional dependency, but this setting requires it. I didn't have angelsinfiniteores loaded. Error went away once it was.

Thanks for al your hard work - Loving the mods!
Thanks randiskhan,

Bug fixed. Glad you're enjoying them :)

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

Getting an error message on load.
errorMsg.png
errorMsg.png (16.77 KiB) Viewed 7823 times
mod list

arbarbonif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by arbarbonif »

Veden wrote:Getting an error message on load.
It looks like it is using the lo-res instead of hi-res ore sheets. I got around the error by changing

filename = "__angelsrefining__/graphics/entity/ores/ore-1"..ore_sheet.."-lr.png"
to
filename = "__angelsrefining__/graphics/entity/ores/ore-1"..ore_sheet.."-hr.png"

in each of the /prototypes/generation/clowns-*.lua files

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

Veden wrote:Getting an error message on load
Bug fixed

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

Now I'm in the right topic :D .

There isn't any config option to disable the infinite ore generation right? Like the angels allow you to disable it (per ore).

I saw that you check for "angels infinite ore", so just deleting this mod would do, but as a suggestion, a settings that allows you to choose the ores that you wanna to be infinite would be nice.

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

Sworn wrote:Now I'm in the right topic :D .

There isn't any config option to disable the infinite ore generation right? Like the angels allow you to disable it (per ore).

I saw that you check for "angels infinite ore", so just deleting this mod would do, but as a suggestion, a settings that allows you to choose the ores that you wanna to be infinite would be nice.
Currently, if Angel's Infinite Ores is on, then all my minerals generate infinite versions. Making that mineral-specific is a good idea, I'll implement it when I can.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Do u planing catalytic ores getting from ur new 7 ores? With using mineral, crystal and hybrid catalysts? It will be very cool to see new recipes to direct getting bob's and some angel's ores - like manganese and chrome - we already have mixed sorting, waiting for direct sorting
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

aklesey1 wrote:Do u planing catalytic ores getting from ur new 7 ores? With using mineral, crystal and hybrid catalysts? It will be very cool to see new recipes to direct getting bob's and some angel's ores - like manganese and chrome - we already have mixed sorting, waiting for direct sorting
Hi aklesey1
I'd like that a lot. I've been waiting to see if Angel releases his industries mod, to see if there are any changes to refining there - but if that doesn't come particularly soon then I might just go for it and give you guys recipes for pure thorium, chrome, platinum, manganese & osmium.

Might even do it in a few days actually, had some ideas...

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

MadClown01 wrote:
Sworn wrote:Now I'm in the right topic :D .

Currently, if Angel's Infinite Ores is on, then all my minerals generate infinite versions. Making that mineral-specific is a good idea, I'll implement it when I can.
Fixed in latest release :)

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

MadClown01 wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:Do u planing catalytic ores getting from ur new 7 ores? With using mineral, crystal and hybrid catalysts? It will be very cool to see new recipes to direct getting bob's and some angel's ores - like manganese and chrome - we already have mixed sorting, waiting for direct sorting
Hi aklesey1
I'd like that a lot. I've been waiting to see if Angel releases his industries mod, to see if there are any changes to refining there - but if that doesn't come particularly soon then I might just go for it and give you guys recipes for pure thorium, chrome, platinum, manganese & osmium.

Might even do it in a few days actually, had some ideas...
Sorry what the industry mod? Can u say full intended name of this mod? U mean angel's components?
Yeah i can't wait for some big serious update for angel's mods for his own science packs too

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

aklesey1 wrote: Sorry what the industry mod? Can u say full intended name of this mod? U mean angel's components?
Yeah i can't wait for some big serious update for angel's mods for his own science packs too
Angel's Industries. The big mod Angel has been teasing us with for a while now :P

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

MadClown01 wrote:
aklesey1 wrote: Sorry what the industry mod? Can u say full intended name of this mod? U mean angel's components?
Angel's Industries. The big mod Angel has been teasing us with for a while now :P
Where to read more information about plans of Arch666Angel. i want to know more ;)

MisterFister
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MisterFister »

Hi there! I just added your mods to my AngelBob setup. I'm purposefully making things difficult on myself by keeping my mods that enhance biter difficulty (Rampant, Swarm, etc.) and even despite my restarts, I'm learning very quickly (I've only recently begun playing AngelBob generally.)

My question is as to default ore generation. I've rolled a few maps, and saved them upon startup just to reveal the map to see how difficult the late-early game is going to be once starter-area coal runs out. I use the following command:
Map Reveal for Testing Purposes
I've tested approximately a dozen different mapseeds and so far I haven't found a single map with any non-starter coal visible within a 2048-tile radius. Is this normal? Is it therefotre incumbent upon me to turn up the coal spawning chances prior to mapgen, and if so, what setting would someone suggest that is neither overkill, nor would it throw the late-game into chaos, nor would it cerate an unnaturally high chance of finding myself starved of another significant resource during the late-early and through the midgame?

Full disclosure, I run heavily modded, with emphasis on RSO and a large handful of various QoL mods (Research Queue, FNEI, etc.) I recently thought to remove Prospector and any non-Angel's infinite-ore mods I was running. Could RSO be unintentionally influencing and causing the shortages of coal that pretty much seem to guarantee an autoloss? Note that with the distances I'm revealing to still see "no" coal lying around, I'm still convinced that even on peaceful mode, there's no way to get power that far out to a new coalfield and to get the haul back to base, short of driving a car, which will almost assuredly be beyond my tech capabilities by the time I begin running into the infinite-only coal off of my starter patch.

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

aklesey1 wrote:Where to read more information about plans of Arch666Angel. i want to know more ;)
We all do! Unfortunately he hasn't made anything public.
MisterFister wrote:...
I approve greatly of your modding choices :D
Have you tried EMP biters?

I'm no expert on the RSO mechanics, but in my experience yes it isn't too uncommon to not find coal easily, but that's just RSO and doesn't have anything to do with other mods. I think there's a few things to consider:

- There is an RSO setting to enable infinite ores in your starting area (i.e. infinite coal straight away)
- Shrewd use of Angel's Bioprocessing can buffer or even replace coal as earlygame fuel by introducing wooden pellets & bricks from algae
- Klonan's Power mod gives some alternative power generation techniques for midgame that do not require coal at all

Overall, with a bit of creativity I'm sure you'll find something that works

Good luck!

eformo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by eformo »

MadClown01 wrote: We all do! Unfortunately he hasn't made anything public.

Angel started a thread for Angel's Industries. There's only one following post, showing off a lot of the new graphics. Looks like it includes the science overhaul that's been spoken of?

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

eformo wrote: ...
Oooh exciting, thanks!

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

eformo wrote:
MadClown01 wrote: We all do! Unfortunately he hasn't made anything public.
Angel started a thread for Angel's Industries. There's only one following post, showing off a lot of the new graphics. Looks like it includes the science overhaul that's been spoken of?
It called Angel's Components before
I don't wont to upset u eformo, but all these graphics in the thread has been shown more half year ago, if you have not followed development forum thread this graphic is new for u :D and some of items from angel's component already exisiting in this mod - here - https://mods.factorio.com/mod/angelscomponents, that was in beta ;)

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Thanks for new update with directing getting of new ores
Can ask u - do u planing to create way to get new ores from slag?

Return to “Angels Mods”