[MOD 0.16] Inventory Quickbar

Topics and discussion about specific mods
fred4106
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Inventory Quickbar

Post by fred4106 »

I have been dreaming about a mod like this since I started playing the game. Downloading now and will report back any issues I find. Thank you for making this. I have been using lua commands to increase quickbar count, but after about 5-6 toolbars, it stops being convenient and starts becoming a pain.

Ironhair
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ironhair »

The hide hotkey makes this even sexier! :)

GodsFather
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Changelog Version 0.16.8

Post by GodsFather »

Version: 0.16.8
Date: 2018-02-28

Changes:
- Moved position settings from mod settings into GUI; Removed top padding setting in mod settings
- Added position setting for horizontal position (left padding)
- Added mod setting to enable / disable GUI settings buttons
- Added GUI Buttons: Position up, Position down, Settings GUI window
- Added Settings GUI window; slider based changing of Quickbar position
- Added keyboard binding for toggle settings windows display state (hide / show), default: CTRL + SHIFT + ALT + B (useful in case of moving Quickbar out of visible area)

Known issues:
- "Generic items" (and blueprints) can be set; filled out deconstruction planners, items with inventory, ect. selection takes random item out of inventory
- Filled blueprints showing tooltip of first blueprint icon
- Changes of linked blueprint setups will invalidate the Quickbar assignment of that blueprint (has to be reassigned manually atm)

jarquafelmu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jarquafelmu »

Ideas:
  • Add column and cell options to GUI settings:
    I'd love an option in the new GUI settings for sliders or just inputs to control the number of columns and number of cells so that I don't have to open the mod settings panel in order to get the size I want.
  • Craft on missing item:
    It would be awesome if when clicking on a missing item, it would invoke the craft options if you have the materials. So left click craft 1, right click craft 5, shift click craft all. If it's not possible to implement the full craft behavior then a simple craft 1 on missing item would be great

Ironhair
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ironhair »

There seems to be a problem when we are using this in multiplayer.
My friend keeps getting an error when he joins the server.

He has my mod settings + the exact same mod folder.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 4EAADE1CC/

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png
from the error log
Error ClientMultiplayerManager.cpp:1094: mod-quickbar was not registered for the following events when the map was saved but has registered them as a result of loading: on_tick (ID 0)
1386.670 Error ClientMultiplayerManager.cpp:95: MultiplayerManager failed: "" + multiplayer.script-event-mismatch + "
" + "
mod-quickbar"
1386.670 Info ClientMultiplayerManager.cpp:573: MapTick(27233872) changing state from(ConnectedLoadingMap) to(Failed)

GodsFather
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Changelog Version 0.16.9

Post by GodsFather »

Version 0.16.9 should fix that error. Could you try it? Just uploaded the new version.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Version: 0.16.9
Date: 2018-03-03

Fixed:
- on_tick event error on multiplayer games (removed workaround for base <= 0.16.25)

Known issues:
- "Generic items" (and blueprints) can be set; filled out deconstruction planners, items with inventory, ect. selection takes random item out of inventory
- Filled blueprints showing tooltip of first blueprint icon
- Changes of linked blueprint setups will invalidate the Quickbar assignment of that blueprint (has to be reassigned manually atm)

GodsFather
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GodsFather »

jarquafelmu wrote:Ideas:
  • Add column and cell options to GUI settings:
    I'd love an option in the new GUI settings for sliders or just inputs to control the number of columns and number of cells so that I don't have to open the mod settings panel in order to get the size I want.
  • Craft on missing item:
    It would be awesome if when clicking on a missing item, it would invoke the craft options if you have the materials. So left click craft 1, right click craft 5, shift click craft all. If it's not possible to implement the full craft behavior then a simple craft 1 on missing item would be great
Thank you for your feedback.

I'm currently a bit short of time, but I'll have a look at it the next days.
Your first suggestions I already startet to implement.
The idea with crafting I also like - of course as optional feature / posibility to enable and disable it.

jarquafelmu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jarquafelmu »

I'm glad that you're interested in the ideas I had. I had another one if you are interested. Since there are mods that can affect logistic slots and trash slots, it would be awesome if the craft on missing could be toggled in the options to be craft or request on missing. And then each time you click on that it would just increase the number of requested or crafted by one. Then after they are received remove the request.

jarquafelmu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jarquafelmu »

Hey GodsFather, there seems to be an issue with the latest version of Inventory Quickbar (0.16.9) and the latest version of factorio (0.16.51).

Here are a list of the issues I am having.
  • Even though I have 'use items in toolbelt' enabled, it sometimes use them but not all the time.
  • If I have the quick bar be larger than the 2 columns and 20 slots, then some of the slots won't grab the the filtered item even if i have it in my inventory. Also some slots will only ever ask me to choose the filter when i click on it, no matter how many times I've set it.
  • Sometimes the background of the slots don't update from red to gray or gray to red if i run out or add items to my inventory, but it does sometimes update if I place an item down.
I am playing on multiplayer so I'm not sure if this is the reason why it's having issues, but i wanted to let you know in the hopes that you can fix the issues as I really love this mod.

GodsFather
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GodsFather »

I'm currently in vacation but will have a look at it after I'm back

Return to “Mods”