[0.10.2][kovarex] Bots don't transfer from active providers

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
erikem
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.10.2][kovarex] Bots don't transfer from active providers

Post by erikem »

In my save file (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/164 ... ect_03.zip) I have achieved a situation when I have a bunch of full active provider chests, loads of empty storage chests and ~3k idle logistic bots:
Save description:
1. Player has a lot of full active provider chests south of him (visible on the screenshot)
2. Player has a lot of empty storage chests north of him (past smelting area, not visible on the screenshot)
3. 3k+ are reported idle by logistic network. Chests from 1 and 2 belong to this exact logistic network
4. Both provider and storage areas have plenty of roboports installed for charging needs

How did I achieve this? I can't give steps to reproduce but what happened is that I have launched train trasnportation and trains have started filling active provider chests. At first it was ok and chests were emptied immediately but over the time bots started ignoring some of them. The more time passed the more of them got ignored.

I have found a manual fix for this as a temporary solution. In order to "restart" bots I have changed all active providers to passive ones and back. After that all of my bots (0 reported as idle) started transporting goods from active providers to storages.

jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.10.2] Lazy bots do not take stuff from active provide

Post by jeroon »

Have you tried replacing them with (for example) requester chests, and then back to providers? My bots were not taking from my storage chests, only from passive providers, and it wasn't until I replaced all chests (storage and provider), that it started to work as advertized.

erikem
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by erikem »

I've done multiple rounds of replacing these chests with passive provider or requesters. It partially solves the immediate issue but after some time (quite a short period I must say) the problem comes back.

Hernanduer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hernanduer »

Still encountering this in 0.10.3
Keep having to swap out active->passive->active to make the bots recognize the chests again.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Hello, could you please provide the savegame (on dropbox or similar), so I can study the problem?

Edit: Sorry found it :)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.10.2][kovarex] Bots don't transfer from active provid

Post by kovarex »

Yes, you were correct, there was slight inconsistency in our code that caused the provider chest to be categorised as empty and ignored.

The problem is now fixed for 0.10.4 version

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

Any info when 0.10.4 will by up? That bug is killing my factory and i have to wait for fix.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Friday is very probable.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”