[MOD] Deadlock's Stacking Beltboxes & Compact Loaders

Topics and discussion about specific mods
y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.x] Deadlock's Stacking Beltbox (& Compact Loaders)

Post by y.petremann »

Alkumist wrote:change the look of splitters to fit the new graphics style? :D
Seriously .. no ... I think this is sufficient and good looking, but I think splitter don't need a redesign ...

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Alkumist wrote:change the look of splitters to fit the new graphics style? :D
I might. I was also thinking belts.

hreintke
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by hreintke »

Hi,

Not sure if it is mod related or due to my knowlegde of lua/modding.

When using new stuff I always do some testing with scriting to get a feeling on usage.

I have bob's logistics also running, have all the technolgy available.
When trying to add beltboxes using the script like :

Code: Select all

/c game.player.insert{name="deadlock-beltbox-entity-1", count=1}
I get the error : unkown item name deadlock-beltbox-entity-1

But using :

Code: Select all

/c game.player.surface.create_entity{name="deadlock-beltbox-entity-1",force = game.player.force, position={game.player.selected.position.x+1,game.player.selected.position.y+1}}
I can get a beltbox placed and also mine it.

Never had that before, any ideas what can cause this ?

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

The inventory items are named deadlock-beltbox-item-N where N is the tier (1-3 for vanilla, 1-5 for Bob's).

The in-world entities are named deadlock-beltbox-entity-N.

You are trying to put a game entity into your inventory. You want an item.

hreintke
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by hreintke »

Thanks, works.

I probably have only seen mods that have identical names for items and entities. Now I understand.

FYI :

Some interference with your Beltbox and Bottleneck.
As you are using furnaces, the bottleneck mods picks them up and displays the red/green/yellow indicators on the beltbox.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

hreintke wrote:As you are using furnaces, the bottleneck mods picks them up and displays the red/green/yellow indicators on the beltbox.
There is nothing I can do about that, even if it were a problem, which it isn't.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Can you add some simple duplicate protection to technology unlocks?
For Xander mod I wanted to test if readding iron-ore will autogenerate proper icon (it has different icons for some ores) and it does. The tiny issue is that it adds additional unlocks to the tech again if I attach it to stacking or crating tech.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

orzelek wrote:Can you add some simple duplicate protection to technology unlocks?
For Xander mod I wanted to test if readding iron-ore will autogenerate proper icon (it has different icons for some ores) and it does. The tiny issue is that it adds additional unlocks to the tech again if I attach it to stacking or crating tech.
I don't quite follow this, can you explain further?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Deadlock989 wrote:
orzelek wrote:Can you add some simple duplicate protection to technology unlocks?
I don't quite follow this, can you explain further?
Grab xander mod from mod portal and add attached one.
Then check stacking or crating tech unlocks.
Attachments
xander-stacking_0.0.1.zip
(969 Bytes) Downloaded 122 times

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Xander Mod won't load for me, this is the most recent version from the mod portal.

Looking at the helper mod, you're stacking things which DSB already stacks by default, like iron ore, copper ore etc. I'm going to assume that these have been modified by XM in some way.

Do you need the first recipe to be replaced by the helper mod call to re-stack it?

Edited to add: OK, I've added a check to see if the given technology already has unlock effects for that item name, and if so, it removes the old ones before adding the new one. Please test the attached and let me know if that works better. (By the way, iron gears are "iron-gear-wheel", not "iron-gear").

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

The check works as it should - thanks for the update.
And recipe will be replaced automatically since there can be only one recipe with given name - I'm readding it to regenerate icon.

My mod is a work in progress - xander seems to be very complex and I'm not sure how far I will get there. And since there are a lot of items there it's hard to decide which ones to stack from just reading the mod.
To launch xander in current version you need the small hotfix mod from mod thread if you want to take a look at it.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Good. That tweak is live on the mod portal now.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Version: 1.4.6
Date: 18. 02. 2018
Inter-mod support:
- Items from other mods that have layered/masked icons and no custom stack icon specified now get a stack icon generated automatically like non-layered icons do, but warnings will be left in the game log discouraging this.
- Mod readme updated.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

KatherineOfSky has a new Let's Play series where she gives Deadlock's mods a go in a Pyanodon set-up. She starts using them around 25 minutes into episode 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODg7doavLYY

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Great mod. Although I haven't used stacking yet the loaders are fun to use. I wonder though if it would be possible to add filter loaders. I have a warehouse filled with 6 kinds of ores and want to only take out one per belt.

As for why I haven't used stacking yet: I'm playing with Bobs and Angels mods. So I need to stack Saphirite, Stirtatie, Crotinium, Jivolite, ... None of them are stackable. Do you plan to support Bobs and Angels directly or should I ask them to register their ores?

One more thing on stacking: Angels has sheet coils for metals, out which you can make 4 plates in an assembler. So in a sense all the plates already have stacking in Angels without producing plates and then stacking them in an extra process. Is there a function to un-register plates so they can't be stacked? Force people to use the sheet coils instead.

And one last thing: Would it be possible to add an option to have all items stackable? The way I see this working is that for every (unknown) item the code finds the technology with the least complex science packs that produces the item and then add it to the stacker of the next tire. So an item that only requires red and green science to research you need the tire 3 stacker (red+green+blue).

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

mrvn wrote:I wonder though if it would be possible to add filter loaders.
They are simply re-skinned, re-sized vanilla loaders with a little bit of basic snapping code. So they already have filters, in output mode.
Do you plan to support Bobs and Angels directly or should I ask them to register their ores?
This is in the FAQ. I'm not adding further support for any specific mod, especially not mods I know very little about, unless there's a compelling reason. Instead I've provided a hook function so that other mod makers can very easily make their stuff stackable if that's what they want. See the readme inside the zip.
One more thing on stacking: Angels has sheet coils for metals, out which you can make 4 plates in an assembler. So in a sense all the plates already have stacking in Angels without producing plates and then stacking them in an extra process. Is there a function to un-register plates so they can't be stacked? Force people to use the sheet coils instead.
There isn't such a function. A "helper mod" which adds stacking to Angel's mods could very easily search through the deadlock-stacking-N technologies and remove the plate recipe unlock effects, though. See the readme inside the zip.
And one last thing: Would it be possible to add an option to have all items stackable? The way I see this working is that for every (unknown) item the code finds the technology with the least complex science packs that produces the item and then add it to the stacker of the next tire. So an item that only requires red and green science to research you need the tire 3 stacker (red+green+blue).
This has been asked before. Possible, maybe, but very annoying and it's not something I will add to the base mods. It would wreck the player's crafting tabs. Personally I don't want to scroll up and down on crafting tabs and I prefer not to use mods with vast numbers of items. You are asking for all of that to be literally doubled. Again, this is something that people can add for themselves with the provided inter-mod support. See the readme inside the zip.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Deadlock989 wrote:
mrvn wrote:I wonder though if it would be possible to add filter loaders.
They are simply re-skinned, re-sized vanilla loaders with a little bit of basic snapping code. So they already have filters, in output mode.
Damn, must have tested it when it was in input mode.

Apropo snapping code. That seems to get things wrong for me a lot of the time. I often end up with a loader with the belt side towards a warehouse. Could it be that the code has problems with containers that are larger than 1x1?

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

mrvn wrote:Apropo snapping code. That seems to get things wrong for me a lot of the time. I often end up with a loader with the belt side towards a warehouse. Could it be that the code has problems with containers that are larger than 1x1?
No, that's not it. I know that it doesn't always play nice with other mods like Loader Redux which assumes that all loaders are Loader Redux loaders whether they are vanilla ones or new prototypes from another mod. If you have any other loader mod installed it could be that. If that is the case I recommend disabling Compact Loaders' snapping in the options.

I also noticed some odd behaviour with bot-built i.e. blueprinted loaders snapping wrongly in KoS's Let's Play video, but it passes by too swiftly to get a handle on it. If anyone can report something that can be duplicated, preferably with a screenshot or a save file, I'll try and fix it.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

mrvn wrote:Apropo snapping code. That seems to get things wrong for me a lot of the time. I often end up with a loader with the belt side towards a warehouse. Could it be that the code has problems with containers that are larger than 1x1?
I did some testing and couldn't reproduce either this issue or the issue reported by KoS about bots placing loaders the wrong way round.

I'll need more info (are you placing them by hand or by bot, exactly what are you placing them next to - several mods provide "a warehouse") and ideally a zipped save.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Compact Loaders: Discovered a compatibility issue with the Nanobots mod. It involves shenanigans with events. Don't have a satisfying fix for it yet. Workaround: disable Compact Loaders snapping in options.

Return to “Mods”