[MOD 0.18] Robot Army. v0.4.4

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.4] Robot Army. v0.3.4

Post by Mylon »

kyranzor wrote:
Mylon wrote:I found another bug with your mod. I have a multiplayer server running and players are disconnecting immediately on join.

In the desync report, only a single line is different:

https://i.imgur.com/IdNleJu.png

It's in the loot-chest recipe. I have no idea how this is happening but for now I'll deactivate the mod.
Sounds to me like your Config.ini on the server is different and the loot chest recipe/tech is enabled because "GRAB_ARTIFACTS" is == 1. People normally have GRAB_ARTIFACTS = 0 in their config.ini which doesn't make/add the loot chest recipe.

can you give me more context?
Oh, I think this is a problem on my end. I zipped up and sent out a bunch of mods and my version may be different than the version other players are using.

Or it could be related to the force.reset_technology_effects() function which my mod calls regularly. I dunno.

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.20] Robot Army. v0.3.5

Post by Mylon »

Tomik wrote:The only reason why I am NOT using this mod right now is the less then stellar quality of the buildings in the mod. I am asking if it wouldn't be possible to offshore the graphics for the buildings to someone on the site.
If only it were that easy! I'd love to get some custom graphics for my Prospector or Fracking mods.

Durabys
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Durabys »

Mylon wrote:
Tomik wrote:The only reason why I am NOT using this mod right now is the less then stellar quality of the buildings in the mod. I am asking if it wouldn't be possible to offshore the graphics for the buildings to someone on the site.
If only it were that easy! I'd love to get some custom graphics for my Prospector or Fracking mods.
I would be willing to pay the guy/gal who does graphics for Angel's and pY mods to make unique graphics for Robot Army.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Tomik wrote:
Mylon wrote:
I would be willing to pay the guy/gal who does graphics for Angel's and pY mods to make unique graphics for Robot Army.
AFAIK they are doing the graphic themselves :)

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kyranzor »

I'll see if YuokiTani will help us out. That is the artist who did all the awesome robot models and the author of the Yuoki Industries mod

Durabys
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Durabys »

kyranzor wrote:I'll see if YuokiTani will help us out. That is the artist who did all the awesome robot models and the author of the Yuoki Industries mod
Thanks! :D

Prmoon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Prmoon »

My game keep crashing and this Error appear
Error while running event robotarmy::on_tick (ID 0)
__robotarmy__/robolib/Squad.lua:658: attempt to perform arithmetic on field '?' (a nil value)
Is there a fix for this? help plx

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kyranzor »

Prmoon wrote:My game keep crashing and this Error appear
__robotarmy__/robolib/Squad.lua:658: attempt to perform arithmetic on field '?' (a nil value)
Hello, you appear to have the same error as this guy on Github issue tracker: https://github.com/kyranf/robotarmyfactorio/issues/127

Can you please explain your setup/how you are using the mod, and any useful background information that might help me reproduce the bug?

Prmoon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Prmoon »

kyranzor wrote:
Prmoon wrote:My game keep crashing and this Error appear
Hello, you appear to have the same error as this guy on Github issue tracker: https://github.com/kyranf/robotarmyfactorio/issues/127

Can you please explain your setup/how you are using the mod, and any useful background information that might help me reproduce the bug?
After reinstalling the mod it seem to have stop crashing but if it happen again i will take notes and tell you about it
thanks for replying!!

wvlad
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wvlad »

I found a bug - robots will not do anything if their chosen point is unreachable (nests on islands) instead of skipping it and attacking different enemy.

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kyranzor »

wvlad wrote:I found a bug - robots will not do anything if their chosen point is unreachable (nests on islands) instead of skipping it and attacking different enemy.
how long did you wait? eventually they should attempt to find another target. If no other target exists closer than their target on the island, then yes they will do nothing.

wvlad
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wvlad »

More than 10 minutes.
If no other target exists closer than their target on the island, then yes they will do nothing.
This is my case. If they can't get there they shouldn't stuck and instead should attack another reachable nest.

Sometimes it's even impossible to tell why they stuck and what nest I have to kill.

btw I have a question: can they cause chunks generation and in which conditions?

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kyranzor »

to answer the question first:
No, they cannot generate chunks. There was some discussion a while ago on if they should be able to, for scouting/generating more biters to continue their rampage of killing when they reach the edges of the map. The conclusion was that it's not a good idea to have them generate/explore new chunks because if left unchecked they will make the map larger than it needs to be, without any real reason. The current system is generally less likely to cause people problems so I have not made them able to chart/generate new chunks.

For the targeting of isolated/island enemies -
The real sad part of all this is that i introduced flying robots to hopefully solve this issue - no terrain or trees or walls should be able to stop them doing their job, but the underlaying biter pathfinding still doesn't allow them to successfully receive move/attack orders to places a normal ground-dwelling biter cannot reach.

I would need to add additional logic to catch a failed target pathing situation like we are discussing, and 'blacklist' area are where the previous targets were, and attempt to search for other enemies far away from that location to get them moving again.

You should be able to see where the invalid targets are with radars and viewing the map, or reduce the hunt radius of the robots so they stop looking for the biters on the island which happen to be outside your radar range. At least then they'll react to closer enemies.. I am not really able to make any additions to the logic like I suggested above for at least a few weeks. I am extremely strapped for time in real life right now :(

wvlad
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wvlad »

I agree, it's good that they don't generate chunks.

Are manually placed robots supposed to hunt automatically too? Because they stuck more often for me.
The real sad part of all this is that i introduced flying robots to hopefully solve this issue - no terrain or trees or walls should be able to stop them doing their job, but the underlaying biter pathfinding still doesn't allow them to successfully receive move/attack orders to places a normal ground-dwelling biter cannot reach.
Flying robots don't need pathfinding, they can just go straight. Isn't it possible to disable pathfinding for them so they move like construction robots?
I would need to add additional logic to catch a failed target pathing situation like we are discussing, and 'blacklist' area are where the previous targets were, and attempt to search for other enemies far away from that location to get them moving again.
Sounds good.
You should be able to see where the invalid targets are with radars and viewing the map
That part of the map can be not explored yet (but generated because of pollution or biters migration).

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kyranzor »

unfortunately the underlying concept of flying robots doesn't work with the 'unit' type I need for the military units to function like they do. The game handles 'units' very differently to a the logistics/construction bots entities in the low level programming.

The flying robot unit prototypes have no collision box, and can happily float around over water and walls etc, but they don't respond to commands to move onto/over water or any other path-finding blocking terrain (and walls) because the underlying pathfinder is the biter pathfinder built into the game. Biters don't need to path through/over water, they just fail silently until they have a path. My units are stuck with that behaviour until they improve on their pathfinder, add flying units to the game (which would be awesome), or otherwise i find another way to 'hack' the functionality into it :(

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.36] Robot Army. v0.3.7

Post by kyranzor »

Mod updated to 0.3.7, to address two bugs which have been reported over the last few months.

I had to roll back some sprite changes i've been working on, they aren't ready yet. Some cool animated buildings YuokiTani ;)

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.36] Robot Army. v0.3.8

Post by kyranzor »

Version 0.3.8 released!
This is a 'hot fix' version to fix the fact that the code running on a new game always fails because we are trying to check/make all the force tables, without first checking/making all relevant global tables.

This fixes that! Happy gaming!

Durabys
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.36] Robot Army. v0.3.7

Post by Durabys »

kyranzor wrote:Mod updated to 0.3.7, to address two bugs which have been reported over the last few months.

I had to roll back some sprite changes i've been working on, they aren't ready yet. Some cool animated buildings YuokiTani ;)
Will we soon see the new sprites?! YAY! :D

Dvx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dvx »

I wonder if the mod is broken currently. When I set the Hunting Squad limit to 150 then after little while it wont reach the 150 anymore. It stops spawning the robots out. Also I noticed that robot squad while hunting sometimes just stops in middle of nowhere. They just don't do nothing. It seems that it makes a lot of smaller squads.. often all 150 robots has one man squads.. maybe that's why they wont go out when they do reach 150..

Parmsib
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Parmsib »

Great mod, should make the most (and only, really) tedious part of the game automatable, like the rest of it.

However, we're currently playing with Bob's enemies, and are having troubles with explosive spitters and worms absolutely destroying the robot armies.
Other types of enemies (anything but explosive) don't pose nearly as much a threat.
We haven't built any Terminators yet, though.

Is this mod supposed to be 'balanced' with Bob's Enemies, and Terminators will solve this issue,
or are the enemies in that mod just too strong for the robots?

Return to “Mods”