Question on landfill

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Velox
Inserter
Inserter

Question on landfill

Post by Velox »

Hi,

I'm in a large desert (obviously yellow) and the fact that landfill appears to always be green is annoying when building land bridges or filling in areas. Anyone know if there is any way to change the land type? Or else anyone know a mod for a bridge I can run belts over (I have a rail bridge mod) or else a way to use non-green landfill? It's a silly thing but these silly things annoy me!

Unfortunately I am running 0.16 so "Roadworks 3.0 - Bridges!" will not work.

Cheers

Rylant
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Question on landfill

Post by Rylant »

I use a mod called Nicefill. It does a pretty good job of filling with the same type of texture of land around it. And I am notorious for literally using millions of landfill to fill my water spots.

Rylant

Velox
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Velox »

Thanks! That seems like exactly what I needed! I searched through a load of similar mods but none of them seemed to match colours.

I'm amazed that there isnt a decent bridges mod aside from rail as it would likely look a lot better than weird straight land bridges. Something else that just occurred to me is that I could just concrete over the lot which might make it look a bit more artificial and therefor bridge-like but I don't usually bother concreting my bases.

bripi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bripi »

Velox wrote:{snip}... but I don't usually bother concreting my bases.
BIG MISTAKE, especially in terms of the movement bonus! Concrete is 150% faster than ground, and on slow ground like sand the need is absolute! Don't fear the 'crete!

Velox
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Velox »

bripi wrote:
BIG MISTAKE, especially in terms of the movement bonus! Concrete is 150% faster than ground, and on slow ground like sand the need is absolute! Don't fear the 'crete!
Wow wait, sand is slower than normal dirt? I know Concrete is faster but had no idea standard terrain has different movement speeds! (if I have read your comment correctly). I tried to look this up but can't find any further information on walking speeds over terrain.

You're right though, I should be concreting. I'm playing angels so I have about a million tons of stone so I really don't have any excuse!

Thanks

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Velox wrote:
bripi wrote:
Wow wait, sand is slower than normal dirt? I know Concrete is faster but had no idea standard terrain has different movement speeds! (if I have read your comment correctly). I tried to look this up but can't find any further information on walking speeds over terrain.

You're right though, I should be concreting. I'm playing angels so I have about a million tons of stone so I really don't have any excuse!

Thanks
Terrain all has the same walking speed.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Velox
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Velox »

Ahh ok I misread. Thought I was really gimping myself being in the desert. I've now started building concrete so yeah thanks for pointing it out.

Pothrekr
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Pothrekr »

If you still looking there is this mod:

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LandfillPainting

Return to “Gameplay Help”