steam turbine max chain length.

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
0x000FF4
Inserter
Inserter

steam turbine max chain length.

Post by 0x000FF4 »

What is the max steam turbine max chain length for 16.24+?

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: steam turbine max chain length.

Post by impetus maximus »

depends on what is attached to the first one (pump, pipe, or storage tank), or if there are pipes between each of them.
for example, a storage tank has better throughput if it is connected directly to the first turbine vs having a pipe attached.

check out 'Creative mode (Fix for 0.16)' mod for testing it out yourself. ;)
'passive energy void' is great for stress testing energy production under 100% load.

Kelderek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kelderek »

I am using a straight line of 28 turbines in my nuclear setup and it seems to get the steam all the way to the end just fine.

Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gergely »

impetus maximus wrote:check out 'Creative mode (Fix for 0.16)' mod for testing it out yourself. ;)
'passive energy void' is great for stress testing energy production under 100% load.
You can use the "electric-energy-interface" prototype. Why do people still mod in all those utility prototypes when they are already present in the main game? There is no longer a need for modding in new prototypes like that. It is made vanilla.

You can instead, use a custom scenario (like mine) which you can literally download and play without even restarting your game.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

I struggle to get more than 20 turbines in a line. This is backing the flow with a pump through an underground pipe.

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

Gergely wrote: You can use the "electric-energy-interface" prototype. Why do people still mod in all those utility prototypes when they are already present in the main game? There is no longer a need for modding in new prototypes like that. It is made vanilla.
passive energy void uses 100% of the excess energy and no more. no math needed.
also, there are plenty of tools that are still not in vanilla.

to each their own.

Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gergely »

impetus maximus wrote:
Gergely wrote: You can use the "electric-energy-interface" prototype. Why do people still mod in all those utility prototypes when they are already present in the main game? There is no longer a need for modding in new prototypes like that. It is made vanilla.
passive energy void uses 100% of the excess energy and no more. no math needed.
also, there are plenty of tools that are still not in vanilla.
Really? Now? You can use a similar setup as shown here, but with electric energy interfaces. Use one as an accumulator isolating one used as a drain. Done! Passive energy consumer. But I think the "drain" function, (if it is still present) can make an accumulator that always zeroes it's energy stored. Since accumulators only take excess electricity, this should also work as a passive energy drain...

Sorry, can't confirm anything myself right now because a bug is preventing me to play the game.

About the missing tools: Installing an entire mod instead of a scenario just for those tools is still inefficient. You have to reload the whole game if you want to switch. Scenario scripts however only apply when their save is loaded. I don't remember ever using a "mod script" based solution.

Return to “General discussion”