[MOD 0.18] Orbital Ion Cannon 1.8.2

Topics and discussion about specific mods
wurststulle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15] Orbital Ion Cannon 1.5.3

Post by wurststulle »

thanks to sunnova for the help, it works fine. if someone wants to checkout the changes, i have forked the github repo and included them. https://github.com/wurststulle/Orbital-Ion-Cannon
lets hope there will be an official update soon, as i dont know if its long term stable.

rad_hazard_c
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by rad_hazard_c »

This shows up during gameplay and crashes the game. Might be from auto-targeting.

Code: Select all

Error while running event Orbital Ion Cannon::on_sector_scanned (ID 7)
__Orbital Ion Cannon__/control.lua:389: attempt to index local 'player' (a nil value)
And the recipe takes more components then a lvl3 assembler can handle.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Orbital Ion Cannon 1.6.0

Post by Supercheese »

Updated for Factorio 0.16!

A couple new features, too...
crosshairsEntityanim2.gif
crosshairsEntityanim2.gif (27.33 KiB) Viewed 8721 times

Code: Select all

- Updated for Factorio 0.16.
    - New icon for the Ion Cannon Targeting Device.
    - New (minor) animation for the ion cannon target location (see above).
    - It is no longer possible to designate a target for an ion cannon in an uncharted region using the zoom-to-map feature. Charted areas that are in the "fog of war" are, however, still valid.
    - When a new biter base is built in a revealed zone and would normally be auto-targeted immediately, but there are insufficient ion cannons available, it will now be queued up for targeting when the next ion cannon is ready.
    - Ion cannon alerts & map icons now contain the name of the user who designated the target, if applicable.
    - An admin panel has been added to restrict ion cannon targeting ability in multiplayer environments. Server admins can find it in the Compact ion cannon details screen.
    - When cheat mode is enabled, the targeting device can be used at any time, even if there are no ion cannons in orbit.
Some features are brought to you with the aid of Martok88 at GitHub.
Please report any bugs you may find, as usual.

Sunnova
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sunnova »

Getting an error now, using 1.6.0 version, auto-targeting for sure.

line 386 local targeterName = player.name or "Auto"

__Orbital Ion Cannon__/control.lua:386: attempt to index local 'player' (a nil value)

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Sunnova wrote:Getting an error now, using 1.6.0 version, auto-targeting for sure.

line 386 local targeterName = player.name or "Auto"

__Orbital Ion Cannon__/control.lua:386: attempt to index local 'player' (a nil value)
Thanks for the report, I have a fix ready to roll out in a couple hours!

Sunnova
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sunnova »

Thank you!
Supercheese wrote:Thanks for the report, I have a fix ready to roll out in a couple hours!

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Orbital Ion Cannon 1.6.1

Post by Supercheese »

Updated to 1.6.1, fixing the above bug and switching to the new play_sound() functions in 0.16. Also changed the map marker, which I think looks a lot better now:
Attachments
MapMarker.png
MapMarker.png (45.95 KiB) Viewed 8677 times

Sunnova
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Orbital Ion Cannon 1.6.1

Post by Sunnova »

Working great so far, map marker change looks good. :)

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Orbital Ion Cannon 1.6.2

Post by Supercheese »

Version 1.6.2 released.

Thank you for your patience as things get updated to 0.16.Due to changes in mod name parsing rules, I needed to re-upload Orbital Ion Cannon to the Mod Portal, and as such it has a new page here:

Also as a consequence of this change, savegame compatibility is unfortunately imperfect between versions: all ion cannons in orbit will be lost on updating.
Fear not, however, for a new feature in 1.6.2 is a Cheat Menu that allows you to freely launch ion cannon(s) with the press of a button! In order to migrate your savefile, you will need to first take note of how many ion cannons you have in orbit, then download the updated mod, load your save, and use the ion cannon GUI hotkey (I by default) to open the details window. Then you can use the Cheat Menu to re-add your cannons as needed.

This is no longer necessary, although of course the Cheat Menu is still present if you want to make use of it anyway.

Full changelog:
  • [*]Removed whitespace in mod folder/archive due to changes in mod parsing rules. This breaks savegame compatibility, causing any ion cannons in orbit to be lost.
  • Added a Cheat Menu accessible in singleplayer or for admins in multiplayer that allows you to cheat ion cannons into orbit.
  • The Cheat Menu selections can be found beneath the Admin Panel.
  • Removed the "(Compact)" designation from the Compact-type menu. This is a text-only change, so now the GUI merely cycles between closed, open, and full.

The Full GUI is still disabled when 40 or more cannons are in orbit (see 1.5.0).
Attachments
Cheats.png
Cheats.png (67.32 KiB) Viewed 8644 times
Last edited by Supercheese on Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dgw »

Is it really required to remove spaces from the mod filename? Having the cheat menu as a workaround is neat and all, but I haven't been able to find any announcement stating that spaces in mod filenames are no longer allowed. Where was the rule change announced?

I actually wanted to be able to say mods with spaces in the filename load fine in 0.16.17 (finally released today), but the game no longer launches on my Mac (active bug report) and I'll have to wait for a bugfix or reboot into Windows.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

dgw wrote:Is it really required to remove spaces from the mod filename? Having the cheat menu as a workaround is neat and all, but I haven't been able to find any announcement stating that spaces in mod filenames are no longer allowed. Where was the rule change announced?

I actually wanted to be able to say mods with spaces in the filename load fine in 0.16.17 (finally released today), but the game no longer launches on my Mac (active bug report) and I'll have to wait for a bugfix or reboot into Windows.
No, indeed, further developments have rendered my changes premature, as the Factorio devs are planning an auto-migration scheme at some point in the future. I am currently in the process of reverting my recent changes and returning to the original version with whitespace, rendering the need to manually use the cheat menu to migrate saves unnecessary.

dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dgw »

It's just like the Factorio team to automate things, isn't it?

At any rate, I can apparently wait for a 0.16-compatible version of the original mod with spaces, due to that Mac bug making it impossible to launch my map with ion cannons on it. (It won't load in 0.16.16 due to a bug fixed in 0.16.17, but 0.16.17 won't even start… zzz)

Thanks for the quick reply, and I hope to get back to zapping aliens soon. :)

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

A proper version of 1.6.2 has been uploaded to the mod portal and the OP of this thread, which has no issues with migrating old savegames. Apologies for any inconveniences that may have arisen.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Orbital%20Ion%20Cannon

Sunnova
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sunnova »

I tried to switch back to this version from the no space in the name version, the save would not load, just crashed. So I removed the mod, loaded, saved the game, loaded this version again, researched OIC again, and it's working fine now. No problem loading the saves.

Just in case others have the same problem.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Orbital Ion Cannon 1.6.3

Post by Supercheese »

Version 1.6.3 released. The new "on_nth_tick" event is perfect for this mod, since it is a direct replacement for the modulo operator I've been using all along, but with much better performance!

Also of note is that ion blasts now show up on the minimap just like artillery strikes. Check it out, it's a very cool effect!

Ronkhar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ronkhar »

Hi,
1) I translated the strings into French (hopefully without typos. And I kept the same encoding as the English file: UTF8 and CRLF line returns)
Here is the link to cfg file:
https://ronkhar.fr/Jeux%20vid%C3%A9o/Fa ... non/fr.cfg

2) Recipe with bobmods
When playing with bobmods, the recipe is updated to use endgame products: laser turret mk5, accumulator mk3, solar panel mk3
But it still uses the radar mk1. Is that intended?

PS: I love this mod! Thanks for the time you spent to create and improve it.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Ronkhar wrote:Hi,
1) I translated the strings into French (hopefully without typos. And I kept the same encoding as the English file: UTF8 and CRLF line returns)
Here is the link to cfg file:
https://ronkhar.fr/Jeux%20vid%C3%A9o/Fa ... non/fr.cfg

2) Recipe with bobmods
When playing with bobmods, the recipe is updated to use endgame products: laser turret mk5, accumulator mk3, solar panel mk3
But it still uses the radar mk1. Is that intended?

PS: I love this mod! Thanks for the time you spent to create and improve it.
Merci! :)

As for the radar, I seem to recall only using Mk1 radar being on purpose, but I'll check again.

Ronkhar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ronkhar »

Hi again,
2nd pass at the French translation this morning: I found 1 typo, 1 missing word and I changed 2 sentences.
Same link as before: https://ronkhar.fr/Jeux%20vid%C3%A9o/Fa ... non/fr.cfg

Ok for the radar. I don't mind paying less for the ion cannon: it just means I can send more of them :)

mindlord
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mindlord »

Hey all, I accidentally created an ion cannon with the cheat menu and I didn't mean to. It's on a MP server and we were all really stoked to build one our selves. Anyway to remove this unwanted ion cannon?

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

mindlord wrote:Hey all, I accidentally created an ion cannon with the cheat menu and I didn't mean to. It's on a MP server and we were all really stoked to build one our selves. Anyway to remove this unwanted ion cannon?
Hmm, well, removing the mod, loading the save, saving again, then reloading the mod should reset things.

Return to “Mods”