pY Industry - Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.x] pY Industry

Post by pyanodon »

orzelek wrote:Can you take a look at balancing of tanks?
Currently they seem to be less effective then vanilla both space wise and cost wise.
Making them slow to mine would be also useful - similar to vanilla ones. It's pretty easy to vanish a lot of fluid by accident now (on 80k tank at least).

you can use vanilla if you want. :) balances in tanks may come, but not in our priority list.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

orzelek wrote:Can you take a look at balancing of tanks?
Currently they seem to be less effective then vanilla both space wise and cost wise.
Making them slow to mine would be also useful - similar to vanilla ones. It's pretty easy to vanish a lot of fluid by accident now (on 80k tank at least).
I will adjust the mining time for the next release.

As for the size balancing That probably won't change (py tanks are mostly for "looks") (of course I could reduce the capacity of the normal tanks :P)
As for the cost I will see if there is something tweakable able, but mostly the tanks are for the looks :)

kompostschaaf
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kompostschaaf »

Hi

this is a great mod and i love the graphics

but

there is a problem with the latest factorio patch from today, something with chests

and i want to ask, if you can make your mod somehow compatible with the Yuoki Industries Mod Boilers, because they dont have the option for Steam.

thanks in advance

Haudi1986
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Haudi1986 »

I have the same problem since the last Factorio Patch 0.16.13
39.955 Error Util.cpp:49: Error while running setup for entity prototype "py-shed-storage" (logistic-container): A storage-type chest can't have more than 1 request slot.
Modifications: Pyanodons Industry › Squeak Through › Additional turrets

MFG Haudi

Ghrathryn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ghrathryn »

Haudi1986 wrote:I have the same problem since the last Factorio Patch 0.16.13
39.955 Error Util.cpp:49: Error while running setup for entity prototype "py-shed-storage" (logistic-container): A storage-type chest can't have more than 1 request slot.

MFG Haudi
Same issue here. Interestingly, it only happens when PyIndustry is active, the other two it's picking up work fine on their own, which isn't any wonder since the one is only letting you move around and the other is more weapons than anything. It also only seems to have started this morning for me, suggesting to me that it might have something to do with the patch last night since I could load everything fine yesterday.

ETA: Yup, it's that mod. I've no idea why, if you have all three, Factorio wants to disable all three, but running just PyIndustry out of the three spits the same error message and as stated, I have a save with all three active from yesterday suggesting something in the latest patch is now causing an issue with the mod.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Ghrathryn wrote:

MFG Haudi
Same issue here. Interestingly, it only happens when PyIndustry is active, the other two it's picking up work fine on their own, which isn't any wonder since the one is only letting you move around and the other is more weapons than anything. It also only seems to have started this morning for me, suggesting to me that it might have something to do with the patch last night since I could load everything fine yesterday.

ETA: Yup, it's that mod. I've no idea why, if you have all three, Factorio wants to disable all three, but running just PyIndustry out of the three spits the same error message and as stated, I have a save with all three active from yesterday suggesting something in the latest patch is now causing an issue with the mod.
They added a protection in game to prevent bugs with storage chests and filtering.
Game now bans mod that tries to make more then 1 logistic slot in storage chest.

Mod will need to be fixed to make it work again.
If you want to play around with files you can grab attached zip file and extract it (with overwrite) to pyindustry_1.0.4\prototypes\buildings\containers directory.
It's a quick fix that I didn't test on actual storage chests since I don't have any yet in my save.
Attachments
containers.zip
(2.89 KiB) Downloaded 143 times

Ghrathryn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ghrathryn »

Thanks for that.

Something you might want to double check on though, not in this mod but in the pYcoal one. I don't know if it's my mod set up, since I've a couple of dozen mods, but I'm getting some recipes showing up from game start that need fuel rods, which only get unlocked after Fuel Production tech. It's mostly the variant ways of getting metal plates, but it is kind of odd seeing say Tungsten Gears in my recipe list when that particular one not only needs Tungsten Processing from Bob's, but also Fuel Production so you can make fuel rods and limestone and sand casting, which are tech locked.

chrisdec
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chrisdec »

orzelek wrote:
Ghrathryn wrote:

MFG Haudi

They added a protection in game to prevent bugs with storage chests and filtering.
Game now bans mod that tries to make more then 1 logistic slot in storage chest.

Mod will need to be fixed to make it work again.
If you want to play around with files you can grab attached zip file and extract it (with overwrite) to pyindustry_1.0.4\prototypes\buildings\containers directory.
It's a quick fix that I didn't test on actual storage chests since I don't have any yet in my save.
well since i have no mods folder in factorio but have like 40 ish mods installed i'll have to wait for an update

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Mod updated to fix the recent issue. Go and update your game!
pY Coal processing mod

chrisdec
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chrisdec »

pyanodon wrote:Mod updated to fix the recent issue. Go and update your game!
thanks a lot pyanodon :D

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

Niobum pipe is really useful :) it costs quite a bit but reaches a long way.
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Yes :) worth the cost
pY Coal processing mod

magu5026
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by magu5026 »

Hello, i add a mod at mod portal. This mod adds void recipes for the burner.
If you dont like it, i can remove this mod, or if you like it, you can add it to your mod.

mfg magu5026
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/pyindustry_burner_fix

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

Man, really nice work here. I have tried this mode before and wasn't able to use it, but now, that looks really impressive.

If I could suggest, the overflow and underflow valve could really have indication on which direction they are going.

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

RIP :?

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Rip???

It is still being worked on. Will probably have a release of the new version on friday

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

(maybe sworn is the incredible hulk in disguise, and that was the sound of the shirt ripping) :) joke
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Greetings!

mod updated! Please grab the new version! We have a fully funcional burner now! :D
pY Coal processing mod

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

lol, you actually update it, and the arrows in the underflow and overflow valve.
That was cool!

Thanks, appreciate that! :D

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

(hands sworn a fresh shirt) - here you go) :)

Return to “PyMods”