Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by MadClown01 »

Termak wrote:...
Huh :lol:

Zephyrinius
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zephyrinius »

A couple of tiny and unimportant bugs in this glorious set of mods:

1. I've noticed that there is an advanced gas refinery Mk4 (e.g., you can create a logistics request for it), but there is no recipe to make it. I'm playing Seablock, but I believe this issue exists in regular Angel's petrochem (w/o seablock).

2. "seperation" should be "separation".

Wixo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Wixo »

What is the point of the bio-resin recipe? I could do the default wood growing for 20 wood (which could be made into 20 resin), or I could spend an extra fertilizer to get 10 fewer wood and get 2.5 liquid resin, which amounts to 1/5th of a unit of resin. I am using Bob's Electronics, which may have given me that resin recipe, but is resin useful without it?

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

Wixo wrote:What is the point of the bio-resin recipe? I could do the default wood growing for 20 wood (which could be made into 20 resin), or I could spend an extra fertilizer to get 10 fewer wood and get 2.5 liquid resin, which amounts to 1/5th of a unit of resin. I am using Bob's Electronics, which may have given me that resin recipe, but is resin useful without it?
Wood from Greenhouses is the Bob's way. You can play without it if you wish.

The Angel's way is using the bio-resin recipe. And it is a huge pain in the ass :). Without greenhouses you have no wood.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Zyrconia wrote:
Wixo wrote:What is the point of the bio-resin recipe? I could do the default wood growing for 20 wood (which could be made into 20 resin), or I could spend an extra fertilizer to get 10 fewer wood and get 2.5 liquid resin, which amounts to 1/5th of a unit of resin. I am using Bob's Electronics, which may have given me that resin recipe, but is resin useful without it?

The Angel's way is using the bio-resin recipe. And it is a huge pain in the ass :). Without greenhouses you have no wood.
He has Angel's Bioprocessing installed, since he's referencing the arboretum recipes.

I'll just restate what I suggested before about the resin since the new addition:
Light wrote:Due to the major improvement to bio industries, I'm going to say that creating resin from raw wood could be tweaked back to 2 or 3 wood per resin if the mod is installed (Not 5). I've found that thanks to the easy to locate trees, that creating the wood using just soil isn't that bad early on. With some potential new bio-techs to provide greater ratios of resin over just raw wood alone, it's an avenue for you to get more use of your bio mod /w petrochem. Cultivating a tree early on can provide enough resin for starting circuits, but later on a more detailed avenue in bio processing for better yields would begin to appeal for late game demand where raw wood cultivation won't cut it anymore. Improved ratios that scale over time seems to be your specialty at this point, so it's probably no difficulty for you to figure out how to do it. Just remember that we need that early game option in case we get shitty luck in our starting area, which is what ultimately screwed some of us when it was 5 raw wood with no greenhouse options to speak of.
Angel is likely busy with finishing up the logistics/science mod and will then touch up the balance a bit more for Bioprocessing. When I get time I really want to test the bioplastic compared to petrochem plastic to see how they measure up. I'm of the opinion that plastic should be better yields with petrochem while resin is superior with bio, so the two get a fair bit of use together.

ratti
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ratti »

I did not test this, but according to this reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... 6/duvnzup/ the Infinite Ore mod seems to be buggy in the current experimental release.

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

Light wrote:
Zyrconia wrote:

He has Angel's Bioprocessing installed, since he's referencing the arboretum recipes.
Hmmm. Yeah.

Never tried the new ones, the one with the trees, so I did not pick up on that.

I'll give them a go today.

Jott
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Jott »

ratti wrote:I did not test this, but according to this reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... 6/duvnzup/ the Infinite Ore mod seems to be buggy in the current experimental release.
I just loaded my save running around doing stuff and my iron stopped flowing, this is true infinite is broken. acts like it's mining, uses fluid, but outputs nothing.
Attachments
1519760314595.gif
1519760314595.gif (13.77 MiB) Viewed 7054 times

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Jott wrote:
ratti wrote:I did not test this, but according to this reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... 6/duvnzup/ the Infinite Ore mod seems to be buggy in the current experimental release.
I just loaded my save running around doing stuff and my iron stopped flowing, this is true infinite is broken. acts like it's mining, uses fluid, but outputs nothing.
viewtopic.php?t=58210

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I've noticed that there are crystal rocks around the place that drop only 20 stone. Is that by design or they should also drop something more?

Jackalope_Gaming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jackalope_Gaming »

orzelek wrote:I've noticed that there are crystal rocks around the place that drop only 20 stone. Is that by design or they should also drop something more?
I keep forgetting and remembering this oddity. Been expecting geodes out of them and not so much stone.

arbarbonif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by arbarbonif »

Jackalope_Gaming wrote:
orzelek wrote:I've noticed that there are crystal rocks around the place that drop only 20 stone. Is that by design or they should also drop something more?
I keep forgetting and remembering this oddity. Been expecting geodes out of them and not so much stone.
Yeah, the old standard stones produced geodes and less stone.

SziserTrue
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SziserTrue »

Hello I have got problem ,this error : ""Error while loading recipe prototype "temperate-1-seed" (recipe): Difficulty normal: Value must be a string in property tree at ROOT.recipe temperate-1-seed.ingredients[0].type" Can I got any help guys ? I have tried to rapair it by myself ,but I failed :(

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

arbarbonif wrote:....but mining crystal rocks only produce stone?
hi, i had an idea about the Crystal Rock that is found in a few areas of the map (only maybe 1 found every few screens / chunks of map area)... Currently it does not actually give any Crystals. but, what if we had 1 new geode, which as a "Rainbow Geode" or a "Prismatic Geode" that was found in every crystal rock.

New Item: Prismatic Geode
Mined from: Crystal Rocks
Gives you: 1 (or 1-10) Crystal Rocks.

New Recipe: Prismatic Geode Processing
uses Assembler: 1 Prismat Geode input = 1 of each of the other (already existing) geodes :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

these versions seem to be ok here, are you using these versions too?
angelsbioprocessing_0.5.4.zip + angelsexploration_0.2.0.zip
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

Sauerkraut
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sauerkraut »

This might be a bug:
20180305132244_1.jpg
20180305132244_1.jpg (558.08 KiB) Viewed 6811 times
I am able to place Seafloor Pumps everywhere on land, not just on shore tiles. Vanilla Offshore Pumps are working as usual, the issue is just with seafloor pumps

It suspected the squeakthrough mod as culprit, but turning it off still does not change the behavior.
mod-list.json

fiery_salmon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fiery_salmon »

Thanks for your mods!

Is brokeness of graphics for farm (at least Binafram in a basic farm) a known issue? For me it keeps flashing from showing crops to not showing crops.

I am willing to provide full specs, reproducible save, etc but before spending half of hour on bug report I prefer to check is it a known issue.
Selection_017.png
Selection_017.png (81.56 KiB) Viewed 6805 times
Selection_016.png
Selection_016.png (82.31 KiB) Viewed 6805 times

Indiglow
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Indiglow »

bonesbro wrote:
Termak wrote:Silicon ore might be named Quartz ore on the search mods since thats the original Bob's name for it.
Easiest way to get silicon is sorting chunks or use the second tier cupric recipe which does need lubricant.
Yes, I played a number of games with Bob's before, and none of those ores exist exist in stock + angels + RSO. There are four Angel's ores: Saph, Jiv, Stir, and Crot. No Rubyte and no Bobmonium. Sorting the four ores produces iron or copper, as well as iron/copper nuggets and pebbles. The sorting recipes you mention also do not exist. Cupric Chloride can be created but has no uses and Lubricant is not used as an input to any sorting recipes.

Same problem here! Rubyte and Bobmonium do not exist on my maps, only Saph, Jiv, Stir, and Crot. Furthermore, Uranium exists when it shouldn't and it can't be mined with the new Sulf Acid, only with the old Sulf Acid recipe.

And without Bobmonium spawning, you can't make Silicon Ore which means you can't make concrete.

All these mods aren't compatible really at all.

MisterFister
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MisterFister »

Howdy folks! Loving this mod set. Still on semi-automated red science and handcrafted green science on my first playthrough.

It's time for me to think about mining my starter-area patches of rubyte and bobmonium. I know that different infinite ore-types require different acids piped to the miners to recover them, but I cannot seem to find a tooltip or any other in-game means to discover which ore requires which type of acid. I don't need help with the recipes once I know which one to plan for. Am I missing something obvious? Like a caption somewhere?

Also, is your infinite ores mod compatible with Prospector? What about the "Yet Another Infinite Ore Mechanic" mod?

Thanks!

Jackalope_Gaming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jackalope_Gaming »

foodfactorio wrote:
arbarbonif wrote:....but mining crystal rocks only produce stone?
hi, i had an idea about the Crystal Rock that is found in a few areas of the map (only maybe 1 found every few screens / chunks of map area)... Currently it does not actually give any Crystals. but, what if we had 1 new geode, which as a "Rainbow Geode" or a "Prismatic Geode" that was found in every crystal rock.

New Item: Prismatic Geode
Mined from: Crystal Rocks
Gives you: 1 (or 1-10) Crystal Rocks.

New Recipe: Prismatic Geode Processing
uses Assembler: 1 Prismat Geode input = 1 of each of the other (already existing) geodes :)
That's one way of doing it. There might be alternate ways to handle the crystal rocks such as changing them a bit for the different biomes like how Bio Processing has the different flora based on the swamp, temperate, and desert biomes.

Hm, as I think more about the rainbow geode I'm inclined to say it probably wouldn't work so well since it would be a recipe only useful if you're taking down those crystal rocks. Unless a way to produce them ourselves was added in. It'd have to be an expensive/complicated process but overall cheaper than having to make each of the regular geodes. Or maybe not even cheaper but it'd use different resources.
bonesbro wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:
bonesbro wrote:In this game I'm trying Angel's but not Bob's. I've found that it's impossible to progress because I need concrete blocks but cannot make them. Concrete bricks require molten concrete, molten concrete requires cement, cement requires Silicon Ore, and you cannot get Silicon Ore with just Angel's mods.
bonesbro wrote:Yes, I played a number of games with Bob's before, and none of those ores exist exist in stock + angels + RSO. There are four Angel's ores: Saph, Jiv, Stir, and Crot. No Rubyte and no Bobmonium. Sorting the four ores produces iron or copper, as well as iron/copper nuggets and pebbles. The sorting recipes you mention also do not exist. Cupric Chloride can be created but has no uses and Lubricant is not used as an input to any sorting recipes.
I'm sorry to say but as of now there is no "vanilla" mode for smelting, so it is not supposed to work with just "vanilla". I always felt that making it work for vanilla play would remove to much of what smelting is about, the alternative would be to introduce some of the metals but then again they would have no further use.
I think you're really underselling your mod! Smelting alone is a big an interesting improvement over vanilla. Sorting two different ores per resource with different byproducts, further refining steps to increase efficiency at the cost of more management, the more complicated and detailed smelting options... it's a big interesting jump over vanilla. I particularly like how I was excited to go find Crotinium to add to Stiratite so that the copper byproducts (pebbles and nuggets) would balance.
It's not the smelting that makes the different ores interesting though; it's the Refining mod that gives those nuggets and pebbles and requires sorting them together into the base ore. But I do personally like how the smelting can result in higher yields for added complexity even if we aren't combining different ingot types.

It's a bit unfortunate how stuff like the Leaching Plant requires the concrete bricks. If we do have Smelting and Petrochem on but not the Bobs metals/ore then we can't get the buildings that require concrete bricks, or as it's written in the code "t3-brick." Otherwise the core functions of Smelting and Petrochem seem to function just fine.

Return to “Angels Mods”