[0.16.15] [Dominik] Can't change research when window maximized

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
StormCrow42
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.16.15] [Dominik] Can't change research when window maximized

Post by StormCrow42 »

I've encountered a rather unusual UI issue. When running an unmodded game and my game window is maximized (on Windows 10), I'm unable to click around inside the research tree to select a new research option or to browse future research possibilities. As soon as I unmaximize the window I'm able to do so. In addition, the presence of at least some if not all mods (for instance picker extended) seems to prevent the issue from occuring, my modded playthroughs haven't experienced any trouble with the research screen.

iseebelts
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.16.15] Can't change research when window maximized

Post by iseebelts »

What's your resolution? I don't see the same issue. Could also be an overlay...maybe a screenshot with the research screen open will help.

StormCrow42
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by StormCrow42 »

1920x1080. The whole research interface is on screen, but it simply doesn't respond at all to mouse clicks. I launch through steam, but I have the steam overlay disabled. And the fact that enabling mods changes if it works or not seems to imply it's not because of an external program.

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Dominik »

Sounds weird. What kind of mods? Like even if you mod a cost of inserter, it starts to work?

brindyblitz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by brindyblitz »

I see the same problem where if I maximize the window, the research items aren't clickable. To be specific, for me, it's the research items in the left panel. The items in the "main" area remain clickable.

What's weirder is that I see this on Mac (10.12 Sierra). If this were a bug, this seems like something that would be platform specific...

Manually sizing the window to fit the full screen does NOT trigger the bug. But maximizing (via double-click titlebar) does.

I didn't try installing mods to fix it :-)

Rabisu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Rabisu »

Same problem here (Most recent version I tried was 0.16.24), but I have mods installed, so I'm not sure if that's actually related. Interesting thing I noticed is that scrolling down even the smallest bit allowed me to click a research, but I can also confirm that having a non-maximized window also makes research clickable. For me, it's only unclickable with the game maximized AND scrolled all the way up on the tech window.

kitcat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kitcat »

Rabisu wrote:Interesting thing I noticed is that scrolling down even the smallest bit allowed me to click a research, […]
That sounds a lot like my issue 57667.

Rabisu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Rabisu »

kitcat wrote:That sounds a lot like my issue 57667.
Yeah, the scrolling similarity doesn't seem like it's just a coincidence. I wonder if more GUIs are subject to this under the right (wrong) circumstances.

Does your issue stop if you un-maximize your window?

kitcat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kitcat »

Rabisu wrote:Yeah, the scrolling similarity doesn't seem like it's just a coincidence. I wonder if more GUIs are subject to this under the right (wrong) circumstances.

Does your issue stop if you un-maximize your window?
My issue appears when running the game in fullscreen at 1920x1200. It doesn’t appear when running maximized windowed. However, it does appear if the game height inside the window is exactly 719 pixels when windowed.

Actually, I can also reproduce this exact issue with the research screen when running windowed and the game height inside the window (excluding the window’s borders) is exactly 1001 pixels. See attached screenshot. Note the lack of a tooltip on the turret damage button even though the mouse cursor is over it - the button grid doesn’t react to the mouse at all. If I change the window height by one pixel, everything works as expected. Coincidentally, the height of the visible button grid is an exact multiple of the button height - it’s 11 buttons high. The issue appears again at a game height of 469 - exactly 5 buttons high. And again at a game height of 206 - exactly 2 buttons high. And again at 121 - exactly 1 button high. :?

Could you guys take a screenshot when the issue is appearing and measure the game height (without window borders) or attach the screenshot?
Attachments
techtree-x11.jpg
techtree-x11.jpg (222.03 KiB) Viewed 7556 times

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [0.16.15] [Dominik] Can't change research when window maximized

Post by Dominik »

See 57667 for resolution.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”