[MOD 0.16] MadClown01's Processing

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[MOD 0.16] MadClown01's Processing

Post by MadClown01 »

Description:
  • Sand sluicing for platinum, chrome, gold etc featuring original graphics
  • Uranium processing chain, in the style of Angel's Smelting
  • Phosphorus processing chain for simple bioprocessing
  • Garden mutation from other types of gardens, using radioactive material
  • Mercury filtering from thermal water
  • Catalytic electrolysis & air filtering to generate large amounts of pure oxygen, hydrogen and nitrogen
Details:
  • Name: Clowns-Production
  • Latest Release: v1.0.5, February 17th 2018
  • Factorio Version: 0.16
  • Download: Here
  • Credits: Thanks to ArchAngel666 for permission to use tints of his icons
Long Description
Last edited by MadClown01 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 16 times in total.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] MadClown01's Processing

Post by aklesey1 »

"dependencies": ["base >= 0.16.0", "angelsrefining >= 0.9.2", "angelspetrochem >= 0.7.5", "angelssmelting >= 0.4.3", "angelsbioprocessing >= 0.5.2", "? Clowns-Extended-Minerals >= 0.1.0"]
What's the extended minerals mod?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

aklesey1 wrote:
"dependencies": ["base >= 0.16.0", "angelsrefining >= 0.9.2", "angelspetrochem >= 0.7.5", "angelssmelting >= 0.4.3", "angelsbioprocessing >= 0.5.2", "? Clowns-Extended-Minerals >= 0.1.0"]
Coming in a week or so - Oil Sands, Alluvium, 6 more rare ores for Angelbob. More natural sources of platinum, mercury, manganese, chrome, fluorite, limestone etc. Should make every playthrough unique
aklesey1 wrote:Error when launch https://yadi.sk/i/XVuhF8Uo3ST6t6
Bug fixed, thanks for reporting

SqFKYo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SqFKYo »

It seems Uranium hexafluoride has no uses? Just checking since it *might* be some interaction between mods.

Other than that looks sweet, it blends quite nicely within Angel's world :-)

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

SqFKYo wrote:It seems Uranium hexafluoride has no uses? Just checking since it *might* be some interaction between mods.

Other than that looks sweet, it blends quite nicely within Angel's world :-)
Thanks! That's high praise :)

There's a second centrifuging recipe next to the original one, which uses 8 Uranium Hexafluoride.

I'll take a closer look just in case I've done something stupid

EDIT:
On further reflection, I'm adding another centrifuging icon feat. Uranium Hexafluoride just to make it clear

EDIT2:
Yep I did something stupid. Fixing for 0.1.3

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

MadClown01 wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:
Coming in a week or so - Oil Sands, Alluvium, 6 more rare ores for Angelbob. More natural sources of platinum, mercury, manganese, chrome, fluorite, limestone etc. Should make every playthrough unique
aklesey1 wrote:Error when launch https://yadi.sk/i/XVuhF8Uo3ST6t6
Bug fixed, thanks for reporting
It will be interesting too see new metals like gallium, magnesium or beryllium
Have u played with py mods? viewtopic.php?t=32272, viewtopic.php?f=94&t=51490, viewtopic.php?f=94&t=54151
Its very big extension based on bob's mods - there some new metals - niobium, molybdenum and vanadium - molybdenum is natural ore, another 2 resources can be getted with special methods
And another resources as - kimberlite - source of industrial diamonds and regolite - source of most common resources like limestone, sulfur, quartz and etc - and it's source of hellium and rich gas

Can u think about some support for py mods to link angel mods with py mods - i know pyanodon did really massive and intersting system based on bob's mods but these 2 mod system have some identical duplicate resources - and there are many matches in angel's petrochem

SqFKYo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SqFKYo »

aklesey1 wrote:Can u think about some support for py mods to link angel mods with py mods - i know pyanodon did really massive and intersting system based on bob's mods but these 2 mod system have some identical duplicate resources - and there are many matches in angel's petrochem
Just please don't make pysuite mandatory requirement. It just plain doesn't work with omnisuite.

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

aklesey1 wrote: It will be interesting too see new metals like gallium, magnesium or beryllium
And another resources as - kimberlite - source of industrial diamonds and regolite - source of most common resources like limestone, sulfur, quartz and etc - and it's source of hellium and rich gas
That's the eventual vision for my mods! Great to hear of interest in the concepts
aklesey1 wrote: Have u played with py mods?
No I haven't. I'll check them out - thanks for the suggestion.
aklesey1 wrote: Can u think about some support for py mods to link angel mods with py mods - i know pyanodon did really massive and intersting system based on bob's mods but these 2 mod system have some identical duplicate resources - and there are many matches in angel's petrochem
Hmm, I'm not so sure that'd be a good use of my time. I might take some inspiration from Pyanodon, but I think that building my own assets up will probably be less of a headache. I'm trying to add stuff in a very clean style, with code and icons very similar to Angel's own (with Our Lord ArchAngel's permission). Prevents all sort of complications down the road, and allows compatibility with any additional mods that are compatible with Angel's.
SqFKYo wrote: Just please don't make pysuite mandatory requirement. It just plain doesn't work with omnisuite.
I won't make any mandatory dependencies that aren't AngelBob, or my own.
Last edited by MadClown01 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

MadClown01 wrote:
aklesey1 wrote: Can u think about some support for py mods to link angel mods with py mods - i know pyanodon did really massive and intersting system based on bob's mods but these 2 mod system have some identical duplicate resources - and there are many matches in angel's petrochem
Hmm, I'm not so sure that'd be a good use of my time. I might take some inspiration from Pyanodon, but I think that building my own assets up will probably be less of a headache. I'm trying to add stuff in a very clean style, with code and icons very similar to Angel's own (with Our Lord ArchAngel's permission). Prevents all sort of complications down the road, and allows compatibility with any additional mods that are compatible with Angel's.
That's a good thing.

Thus far your mod has done what it's supposed to, which is to supplement what's already available with new options that aren't forced or replace what already works. Py's mod is a mess by screwing with many things outside the scope of what his mod was intended to do, ruining the experience by forcing his own methods onto you instead of only what you wanted. This makes it a bad mod in presentation.

With that said, I hope you'll stay the path you're already on, which is to add and expand new ideas to supplement current processing paths and not stepping on any toes. I've seen some promise in what's here already and look forward to seeing more.

laku
Inserter
Inserter

Post by laku »

The name for the slusher is not displayed correctly.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

hi madclown, i got some mods from you to try, but just wanted to check if there are any issues with adding to an existing game?

it sounds like you designed it to add extra stuff for Angel Bob games so far, which are cool, and just wondering if it will play nice if i added it to my current game? which is mainly an "AngelBobYuoki" game plus a few smaller mods, including BioIndustries, (and they all currently seem to get on well at the moment) :)

(for pycoal, i really would recommend trying Vanilla+Pycoal for a 1st proper playthrough of pymods, as that is a lot of fun once you get started, with animals and mushrooms etc too, and thats how i first started my pycoal game - which is still kept as a separate save and mod folder)

ultimately, i would love to be able to merge all the large or cool mods together to play a combined game, where each mod adds cool ways of doing things, and with a balanced degree of compatability for items that are similar, but with a Universal Converter method so that anyones similar item (can still exist with different icons, or recipe ratios), but can be converted for use in another mod, a bit like here with kingarthurs mod page:
viewtopic.php?f=97&t=51967#p303639
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

Light wrote:
That's a good thing.

Thus far your mod has done what it's supposed to, which is to supplement what's already available with new options that aren't forced or replace what already works. Py's mod is a mess by screwing with many things outside the scope of what his mod was intended to do, ruining the experience by forcing his own methods onto you instead of only what you wanted. This makes it a bad mod in presentation.

With that said, I hope you'll stay the path you're already on, which is to add and expand new ideas to supplement current processing paths and not stepping on any toes. I've seen some promise in what's here already and look forward to seeing more.
Thanks man, that's the way I intend my mods to work. I may introduce one or two rebalances (got my eyes on Bob's Greenhouse) but that'll be opt-in and won't change it too drastically.

I'm glad to hear that you like what you see, and also glad you like the overall direction :)

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Where to use white phosphorous?

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

laku wrote:The name for the slusher is not displayed correctly.
Hello, could you please elaborate?
foodfactorio wrote:...
Hi foodfactorio
Should be no interplay issues, and I intend to keep it that way. Please let me know if that's not the case and I'll fix it asap.
Thanks for the recommendation!
aklesey1 wrote:Where to use white phosphorous?
Unfortunately - as I've written above - white phosphorus is currently a dead end. This will change in the next 12 hours. Eventually - with my upcoming mortar, fortification & munitions mod - it will also be used for incendiary weaponry!

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

I have a question about the bob's greenhouse balancing. What does this mod currently do with Bob's greenhouse, and what balancing is required for it?
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

ZombieMooose wrote:What does this mod currently do with Bob's greenhouse?
The mod currently does nothing to Bob's Greenhouse, and if I release any rebalancing, it will be opt-in via game settings.
ZombieMooose wrote:What balancing is required for it?
Excellent question.

WARNING - MILDLY CONTROVERSIAL OPINION:

Angel's Aboretum almost perfectly replicates the functionality of Bob's Greenhouse with both of its recipes - i.e. one renewable item in, wood out. The difference is that Bob's Greenhouse is cheaper (no shenanigans with tree hunting,) available earlier, more profitable (in terms of wood out per second,) smaller, renewable to craft, contains an almost localised crafting chain (wood can be converted to seedlings on the spot)

So why would anyone in their right mind choose the arboretum route?

My other serious problem is that with the recent series of updates to Angel's Bioprocessing, THERE ARE NOW TWO FERTILIZER ITEMS D:

My thoughts on an Angel's-friendly solution are as follows:
  • Remove Bob's "fertiliser", "seedlings"
  • Remove the current greenhouse output recipes
  • Change the greenhouse crafting recipe ingredients to iron, glass, soil, raw wood
  • Add a single new greenhouse output recipe - ingredients = 20x water, results = 1x raw wood, time = 10 seconds
That way Bob's Greenhouse is still a great and simple way of generating wood earlygame in small quantities, but will not be the most efficient solution to mass wood / cellulose fibre generation as required midgame.

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

That actually makes a lot of sense. I was just wondering cause I don't personally play with Bob's Greenhouse, preferring instead Bio Industries, for the added recipes.

I haven't actually given Angel's Bioprocessing a go yet, so I might check it out and see if it's better than BI.
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

laku
Inserter
Inserter

Post by laku »

You missed to name the things in the local.cfg. ;)
(entity, item and maybe the recipe)
Attachments
pic.png
pic.png (160.36 KiB) Viewed 24662 times

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

thanks madclown, i'll add yours to the current playthrough and let you know :)

i think its cool that any rebalancing will be optional, because there are often a couple of things that different players consider, for example:
some of my german friends really like efficiency, and "produktivity ist everything" :D (and for a megabase or rockets per minute challenge, it makes sense)

but at the same time, players also like things to be fun, and from someone who is playing several mods at the moment, i can happily say that there really is a place for all of the 3 different tree farms that im using in my current AngelBobYuoki game. (the base is still growing, but uses tree farms from Angel, BioIndustries, and Bobs so far)

"Angel" delight (joke)
One of the key things with Angels arboretums, is that they not only use up some extra items, such as soil or fertilisers, but they also provide a small boost to some bio materials, near the farming area. (i just have 1 of each arboratum so far, but apart from the Raw Wood they give, you also get something to help you make BioPlastic and BioResin, and theres a way to get Paper/Pulp for wooden boards)

Bits & "Bobs" (joke)
I use 1 Bobs Green house, which was small enough to fit within an area of my base, as i needed to produce a bit more wood there, and it is self sustaining, helping me to make more Wooden fuel Blocks from Yuoki, without needing to re-make lots of my base, or having to spend time and electricity waiting for Logistic Bots to travel across half the base.

BioIndustries ("to infindustry and beyooond") :)
The bio farm you get from the BioIndustries mod, is huge, slow but makes a good guaranteed amount of wood, and also takes saplings from bobs greenhouse (and i made 2 of these right near my Electronics factories, to help them with resin and boards.

so far, they all work great, and add not just variety, but also have a particular usability, depending on how players play (or what they need to make etc.)
ZombieMooose wrote:That actually makes a lot of sense. I was just wondering cause I don't personally play with Bob's Greenhouse, preferring instead Bio Industries, for the added recipes. I haven't actually given Angel's Bioprocessing a go yet, so I might check it out and see if it's better than BI.
hi diongham, if you want to try several mods, i can give you a modlist of all mods am using currently which are compatible, in case you fancy trying an AngelBobYuoki (with Bioindustries, and soon to be madclown mods too) :) let me know if thats the case and can zip up the mods for you or something :) McAngelBobYuokInd?

(btw ill take a screen shot to show the benefits that each wood farm brings, just as it might be easier to visualise than text)
Last edited by foodfactorio on Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

Return to “Angels Mods”