[posila] Flamethrower Turret Fluid Change

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Aladrius
Inserter
Inserter

[posila] Flamethrower Turret Fluid Change

Post by Aladrius »

When changing fluid types, the flamethrower turrets can get 'stuck' in a state where they're supplied with plenty of fluid, but not firing.

For example, a turret connected to a pipe full of crude will fill up with crude. If the fluid being sent into the pipe is then changed to light oil, the turret will use up the crude it contains but get to a point where it stops firing while having more than zero crude remaining, but not use it up or take in light oil.

In the attached image, the turret contains 2.4 crude, has a full supply of Light Oil available, but doesn't fire.
Attachments
Turret not Firing
Turret not Firing
fluid.PNG (2.09 MiB) Viewed 3239 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Flamethrower Turret Fluid Change

Post by Loewchen »

Post the save please.
Ref: 46311

Aladrius
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [posila] Flamethrower Turret Fluid Change

Post by Aladrius »

I think this may happen specifically when the turret is built connected to an almost empty pipe of burnable fluid, then supplied with a different one. I've attached the save game. Turret is supplied with Light Oil, but the fuel indicator on the turret remains red.
Attachments
16frt.zip
SaveGame
(25.11 MiB) Downloaded 127 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [posila] Flamethrower Turret Fluid Change

Post by posila »

Thanks for the report.
Fixed for 0.16.24

I made it so that when the turret was not activated because it didn't get enough fluid, it will get activated if the fluid in its pipe changes. That way it can empty its internal buffer by shooting and start accepting new fluid.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”