[MOD 0.15.31+] Supportive Weapons v0.3.1 - Fixed bug

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.31+] Supportive Weapons v0.3.1 - Fixed bug

Post by Mooncat »

DRY411S wrote:Hi, there's a recipe in this mod that my Recycling Machines mod does not like. Before I change my mod to ignore it, I thought I'd post here to see whether it's a bug with your mod. The recipe has ingredients, but no results. The category is "advanced-crafting" which means that the item must be made in an assembly machine, but what is the point if it doesn't actually make anything?

Code: Select all

{
  allow_decomposition = false,
  category = "advanced-crafting",
  enabled = false,
  energy_required = 10,
  icon = "__supportive-weapons__/graphics/icons/tissue-leaching.png",
  ingredients = {
    {
      amount = 1,
      name = "supportive-weapons_dissolved-tissue",
      type = "item"
    },
    {
      amount = 5,
      name = "sulfuric-acid",
      type = "fluid"
    }
  },
  main_product = "",
  name = "supportive-weapons_tissue-leaching",
  order = "i[supportive-weapons]-a[tissue-leaching]",
  requester_paste_multiplier = 10,
  subgroup = "raw-material",
  type = "recipe"
}
The results are created in data-final-fixes based on autoplaces and some other maths.
Is it possible to ignore the recipe if allow_decomposition is false on your side?
It is an official attribute explained here: viewtopic.php?t=46532&p=267589#p267589

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

Mooncat wrote:The results are created in data-final-fixes based on autoplaces and some other maths.
Yuk. That means that whether I can recycle this recipe depends whether your mod data-final-fixes or my mod data-final-fixes (where the Recycling recipes are built), runs first. If yours runs first, then I don't get an error.
Mooncat wrote:Is it possible to ignore the recipe if allow_decomposition is false on your side?
It is an official attribute explained here: viewtopic.php?t=46532&p=267589#p267589
That would seem the best way, as I don't allow things to be recycled back to the very raw ingredients, like ore for example.

I can also ignore any recipe that does not have any results, but I thought I'd check to see whether this was a bug.

featherwinglove
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by featherwinglove »

Looking this up, I seriously got this stuck in my head. If you can't figure out why and don't want to (or can't) get that game, check it out.
Pbleadhead wrote: So what we're gonna do is use a sticky foam as bait We're gonna freeze them in position, which is good 'cus then I can EMP and spider them.

Darloth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darloth »

I still really like this mod for expanding combat potential, so it would be lovely to see it in 0.16 whenever that becomes possible.

I'm building a trains and biters world right now and the thought that I'll have to do without glue and all sorts of fancy electric zaps is rather sad.

Durabys
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Durabys »

Can someone please adopt Supportive Weapons, please?

schmorp
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by schmorp »

The mod author expressly forbids people to adopt his mod, so this is unlikely to happen until the author changes his stance.

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

schmorp wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:09 am
The mod author expressly forbids people to adopt his mod, so this is unlikely to happen until the author changes his stance.
Looks abandoned to me.
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

ZombieMooose wrote: ↑
Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:12 pm
Looks abandoned to me.
Doesn't change the law, and the license agreement - unless you want to take it to court with a good IP lawyer - is entirely clear: you can download and use it. You can modify it yourself, if you wish.

You may not distribute a modified version, or even an unmodified version, in any way, full stop. You can't even upload an unmodified version to the forums or mod portal; only the original author can do that.

So ... abandoned and dead as the dodo. Which is presumably exactly what the original author wanted to happen if they stopped maintaining it.

You can certainly take the ideas and reimplement them from scratch, without use of, or even reference to ,the implementation of this mod, but ... that is as far as it goes. Sorry. They chose to use a license that kills their work when they stop caring, so their work is dead now.

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

slippycheeze wrote: ↑
Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:29 pm
Looks abandoned to me.
Doesn't change the law, and the license agreement - unless you want to take it to court with a good IP lawyer - is entirely clear: you can download and use it. You can modify it yourself, if you wish.

You may not distribute a modified version, or even an unmodified version, in any way, full stop. You can't even upload an unmodified version to the forums or mod portal; only the original author can do that.

So ... abandoned and dead as the dodo. Which is presumably exactly what the original author wanted to happen if they stopped maintaining it.

You can certainly take the ideas and reimplement them from scratch, without use of, or even reference to ,the implementation of this mod, but ... that is as far as it goes. Sorry. They chose to use a license that kills their work when they stop caring, so their work is dead now.
Check clause 8 (Ownership) of the licence and then check last update on the mod portal.
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:08 pm
slippycheeze wrote: ↑
Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:29 pm
Looks abandoned to me.
Check clause 8 (Ownership) of the licence and then check last update on the mod portal.
I stand corrected. You can go right ahead and take ownership indeed. Sorry for the wasted time.

Return to β€œMods”