[Rseding91] [0.16.20] Click-dragging to scroll causes jittering

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Kirona
Inserter
Inserter

[Rseding91] [0.16.20] Click-dragging to scroll causes jittering

Post by Kirona »

I noticed today that when generating a preview map for a new game, dragging it to look around jitters quite a lot. This also happens when viewing any tech tree item that ends up with a scroll bar.

Reproducing the issue is simple.
A) For the preview map, simply click New Game, then Generate Preview, then left-click-drag the map to look around.
B) For the tech tree, access the tech tree via whatever means (press T, or click the research button, it doesn't matter), select any technology that has enough items in it to generate a scroll bar on the UI (Optics, for example), and left-click-drag to move your view of the tech tree around. This jittering is not nearly as bad as I see on the map preview.

While I noticed this while running a fair number of mods, I disabled all of them and reloaded to test, and the issue is still present.

Here's a short video recording of the issue in question, taken with all mods disabled:
Stuttering issue.webm
(1.81 MiB) Downloaded 168 times
And here's the log file from when I recorded the above video, since the "how to" post says to attach it every time:
factorio-current.log
(5.74 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
I figure this is probably not a huge priority or anything, but I also figured you guys would rather I report this than ignore it :P

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Rseding91] [0.16.20] Click-dragging to scroll causes jittering

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. It's now fixed for the next version of 0.16.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Kirona
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [Rseding91] [0.16.20] Click-dragging to scroll causes jittering

Post by Kirona »

Dang, less than two hours, you guys are amazing xD

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”