[MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.17.26

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Post Reply
FuryoftheStars
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:01 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.16.2

Post by FuryoftheStars » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:46 pm

Hi, I think I've found a compatibility issue between this mod and Creative Mode Fix (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/creative-mode-fix). When using the Magic Wand in Creative Mode Fix to change/create tiles (other than ore), the below error is generated. I use a large mod list, but the error goes away when I disable Rampant and when I only have these two mods enabled, the error still occurs.

Code: Select all

87.737 Error MainLoop.cpp:1013: Exception at tick 965: Error while running event creative-mode-fix::on_player_selected_area (ID 49)
Error while running event Rampant::on_player_built_tile (ID 45)
__Rampant__/control.lua:411: attempt to index field 'robot' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	__creative-mode-fix__/scripts/util.lua:159: in function 'raise_event'
	__creative-mode-fix__/scripts/magic-wand-creator.lua:413: in function 'create_tiles_or_resources_in_pattern'
	__creative-mode-fix__/scripts/magic-wand-creator.lua:470: in function 'on_player_selected_area'
	__creative-mode-fix__/scripts/events.lua:433: in function '?'
	__creative-mode-fix__/scripts/events.lua:1113: in function <__creative-mode-fix__/scripts/events.lua:1048

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:54 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.16.2

Post by Veden » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:58 pm

FuryoftheStars wrote:Hi, I think I've found a compatibility issue between this mod and Creative Mode Fix (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/creative-mode-fix). When using the Magic Wand in Creative Mode Fix to change/create tiles (other than ore), the below error is generated. I use a large mod list, but the error goes away when I disable Rampant and when I only have these two mods enabled, the error still occurs.

Code: Select all

87.737 Error MainLoop.cpp:1013: Exception at tick 965: Error while running event creative-mode-fix::on_player_selected_area (ID 49)
Error while running event Rampant::on_player_built_tile (ID 45)
__Rampant__/control.lua:411: attempt to index field 'robot' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	__creative-mode-fix__/scripts/util.lua:159: in function 'raise_event'
	__creative-mode-fix__/scripts/magic-wand-creator.lua:413: in function 'create_tiles_or_resources_in_pattern'
	__creative-mode-fix__/scripts/magic-wand-creator.lua:470: in function 'on_player_selected_area'
	__creative-mode-fix__/scripts/events.lua:433: in function '?'
	__creative-mode-fix__/scripts/events.lua:1113: in function <__creative-mode-fix__/scripts/events.lua:1048
this is fixed for the next version.
Altaric wrote:Hello,
I'm running a modded server and it appears that Rampant might be causing desyncs.
It happens roughly one minute after someone joins, but not if the server has been restarting in the last 10 minutes (numbers are very subjective)

I have Isolated Rampant via trial and error, by removing mods one by one until it's stable.
I can provide any info you like, including live testing.
Discord : Altaric#6865

Code: Select all

mod list : 
Blueprint_Flip_Turn_1.0.0.zip
EvoGUI_0.4.301.zip
FARL_2.0.1.zip
LoaderRedux_1.2.1.zip
Nanobots_2.0.2.zip
Rampant_0.16.2.zip
Squeak Through_1.1.8.zip
Sulfuel_1.0.2.zip
bobassembly_0.16.0.zip
bobelectronics_0.16.0.zip
bobenemies_0.16.0.zip
bobinserters_0.16.3.zip
boblibrary_0.16.1.zip
boblogistics_0.16.3.zip
bobmining_0.16.0.zip
bobmodules_0.16.0.zip
bobores_0.16.1.zip
bobplates_0.16.0.zip
bobpower_0.16.1.zip
bobrevamp_0.16.0.zip
bobtech_0.16.0.zip
bobvehicleequipment_0.16.0.zip
bobwarfare_Altaric_0.16.0.zip
pycoalprocessing_1.0.2.zip
pyfusionenergy_1.0.1.zip
pyindustry_1.0.5.zip
qol_research_2.1.0.zip
what-is-it-really-used-for_1.3.3.zip
I will be getting in touch with you to try to attempt track down the desyncs

User avatar
Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:19 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.16.2

Post by Light » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:12 am

Unless I'm missing something, I think the nocturnal mode is broken.

I started a game hoping for good early game pressure, but nothing was happening. Looking at the map I see bases creating biters, but then the biters are deleted rather than sent to attack. It repeats this cycle constantly. Aside from this, the biter AI works perfectly fine as it always has.

I've got no mods that affect biters aside from this one, so I'm hoping it's a simple quick fix.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1381
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:17 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.16.3

Post by TheSAguy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:04 pm

I got this crash, using the latest 0.16.4:
Image

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:54 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.16.3

Post by Veden » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:09 am

TheSAguy wrote:I got this crash, using the latest 0.16.4:
Image
this should be fixed in the latest build
Light wrote:Unless I'm missing something, I think the nocturnal mode is broken.

I started a game hoping for good early game pressure, but nothing was happening. Looking at the map I see bases creating biters, but then the biters are deleted rather than sent to attack. It repeats this cycle constantly. Aside from this, the biter AI works perfectly fine as it always has.

I've got no mods that affect biters aside from this one, so I'm hoping it's a simple quick fix.
When I briefly tested this, I didn't notice anything. I will need to potentially investigate further

doc776@gmail.com
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:46 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.16.6

Post by doc776@gmail.com » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:33 am

saw the recent juicy update and desided to quicly update this mod. Well now i get this error on loading screen.

- I removed rampart from the mods folder and the game loaded up fine.
- I put it back in and again this error.

strangely enough i had 2 versions of rampart in the mods folder as well. removed the older version. I dont even know if this is ramnpart fault or another mod going haywire because of it. Also the game version has just been updated from .18 to .19
Attachments
what.png
what.png (8.82 KiB) Viewed 3369 times

knightofrust
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:45 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.16.6

Post by knightofrust » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:06 am

doc776@gmail.com wrote:saw the recent juicy update and desided to quicly update this mod. Well now i get this error on loading screen.

- I removed rampart from the mods folder and the game loaded up fine.
- I put it back in and again this error.

strangely enough i had 2 versions of rampart in the mods folder as well. removed the older version. I dont even know if this is ramnpart fault or another mod going haywire because of it. Also the game version has just been updated from .18 to .19
I've updated Rampant to 0.16.6 and getting
this error
too.

Senth
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:10 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.16.6

Post by Senth » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:27 pm

First of all. Awesome mod and nice seeing the use of potential fields which I've researched and built an AI around before ^^

After I updated to Rampant 0.16.6, I'm getting this error

Code: Select all

  61.352 Error MainLoop.cpp:1016: Exception at tick 4276824: Error while running event Rampant::on_tick (ID 0)
__Rampant__/libs/BaseUtils.lua:240: bad argument #1 to 'mRandom' (interval is empty)
  61.352 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:95: MultiplayerManager failed: "Error while running event Rampant::on_tick (ID 0)
__Rampant__/libs/BaseUtils.lua:240: bad argument #1 to 'mRandom' (interval is empty)"
  61.352 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:696: mapTick(4276824) changing state from(InGame) to(Failed)
AutoDeconstruct_0.1.10.zip
Bottleneck_0.9.1.zip
FARL_2.0.3.zip
Larger Inventory Updated_1.0.5.zip
MoreAchievements_0.4.0.zip
Nanobots_2.0.2.zip
Rampant_0.16.6.zip
ShinyBobGFX_0.16.8.zip
Squeak Through_1.2.1.zip
alien-biomes_0.3.7.zip
angelsaddons-petrotrain_0.3.2.zip
angelspetrochem_0.7.5.zip
angelsrefining_0.9.8.zip
bobassembly_0.16.0.zip
bobelectronics_0.16.0.zip
bobenemies_0.16.0.zip
bobgreenhouse_0.16.0.zip
boblibrary_0.16.3.zip
boblogistics_0.16.4.zip
bobmining_0.16.0.zip
bobmodules_0.16.0.zip
bobores_0.16.2.zip
bobplates_0.16.0.zip
bobpower_0.16.1.zip
bobrevamp_0.16.0.zip
bobtech_0.16.0.zip
bobvehicleequipment_0.16.0.zip
bobwarfare_0.16.1.zip
folk-stopthat_0.1.4.zip
nicefill_0.1.2.zip
rso-mod_3.5.4.zip
tree_collision_0.4.2.zip
upgrade-planner_1.5.2.zip
what-is-it-really-used-for_1.3.3.zip

thc133
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:05 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.16.6

Post by thc133 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:45 pm

knightofrust wrote:I've updated Rampant to 0.16.6 and getting
this error
too.
Me too.

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:54 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.16.7

Post by Veden » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:42 am

thc133 wrote:
knightofrust wrote:I've updated Rampant to 0.16.6 and getting
this error
too.
Me too.
This should be fixed in the latest build. The number of trivial smoke used by rampant is now 4

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:54 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.16.6

Post by Veden » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:10 am

Senth wrote:First of all. Awesome mod and nice seeing the use of potential fields which I've researched and built an AI around before ^^

After I updated to Rampant 0.16.6, I'm getting this error

Code: Select all

  61.352 Error MainLoop.cpp:1016: Exception at tick 4276824: Error while running event Rampant::on_tick (ID 0)
__Rampant__/libs/BaseUtils.lua:240: bad argument #1 to 'mRandom' (interval is empty)
  61.352 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:95: MultiplayerManager failed: "Error while running event Rampant::on_tick (ID 0)
__Rampant__/libs/BaseUtils.lua:240: bad argument #1 to 'mRandom' (interval is empty)"
  61.352 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:696: mapTick(4276824) changing state from(InGame) to(Failed)
AutoDeconstruct_0.1.10.zip
Bottleneck_0.9.1.zip
FARL_2.0.3.zip
Larger Inventory Updated_1.0.5.zip
MoreAchievements_0.4.0.zip
Nanobots_2.0.2.zip
Rampant_0.16.6.zip
ShinyBobGFX_0.16.8.zip
Squeak Through_1.2.1.zip
alien-biomes_0.3.7.zip
angelsaddons-petrotrain_0.3.2.zip
angelspetrochem_0.7.5.zip
angelsrefining_0.9.8.zip
bobassembly_0.16.0.zip
bobelectronics_0.16.0.zip
bobenemies_0.16.0.zip
bobgreenhouse_0.16.0.zip
boblibrary_0.16.3.zip
boblogistics_0.16.4.zip
bobmining_0.16.0.zip
bobmodules_0.16.0.zip
bobores_0.16.2.zip
bobplates_0.16.0.zip
bobpower_0.16.1.zip
bobrevamp_0.16.0.zip
bobtech_0.16.0.zip
bobvehicleequipment_0.16.0.zip
bobwarfare_0.16.1.zip
folk-stopthat_0.1.4.zip
nicefill_0.1.2.zip
rso-mod_3.5.4.zip
tree_collision_0.4.2.zip
upgrade-planner_1.5.2.zip
what-is-it-really-used-for_1.3.3.zip
This should be fixed in the latest build

doc776@gmail.com
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:46 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.16.8

Post by doc776@gmail.com » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:13 am

So out of curiosity.. what exactly is "trivial smoke"?

User avatar
Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:19 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.16.3

Post by Light » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:09 am

Veden wrote:
Light wrote:Unless I'm missing something, I think the nocturnal mode is broken.

I started a game hoping for good early game pressure, but nothing was happening. Looking at the map I see bases creating biters, but then the biters are deleted rather than sent to attack. It repeats this cycle constantly. Aside from this, the biter AI works perfectly fine as it always has.

I've got no mods that affect biters aside from this one, so I'm hoping it's a simple quick fix.
When I briefly tested this, I didn't notice anything. I will need to potentially investigate further
I found the cause was the mod Nauvis Day.

With that mod removed and spending a couple hours starting new maps, I tested it with vanilla, new rampant enemies, and bobs enemies. In all three instances the biters just sat at their base regardless of time of day, whether the radar could see them clearly or not. The only time they attacked me is when my avatar got close by or the pollution cloud touched them. I can't look into the mod to see what triggering events are required, but they've been uninterested in assaulting me at night in all three tests no matter what I end up doing to provoke a response.

These tests were all done on new maps each time to prevent any weird mod conflicts when enabling/disabling them mid-game. Thanks to this, I can safely say the feature isn't working at the moment, unless the trigger for attacks is after 30 minutes.

CodeZ
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:53 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.16.8

Post by CodeZ » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:56 pm

Got following error when loading an old 0.15 map with Rampant 0.16.8 (heavy migrations were done as some mods are missing, Rampant was not in use in the save until now) :

Code: Select all

 832.166 Error MainLoop.cpp:1016: Exception at tick 30758981: Error while running event Rampant::on_entity_died (ID 4)
__Rampant__/libs/UnitGroupUtils.lua:141: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'kamikazeThreshold' (a nil value)
That happens quite immediately after migrated content -dialog. I haven't tested if this happens on older versions of Rampant.

Loading an old (but different than above) 0.14 map (with different set of mods, and some missing) succeeded without this exception.
Loading a recent (also different) 0.16 map is also fine.
Seems to be slightly random exception, but every time thus far has involved a map migration and mod changes.

Terca
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:26 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.16.8

Post by Terca » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:02 pm

Error while running event Rampant::on_entity_died (ID 4)
__Rampant__/libs/UnitGroupUtils.lua:141: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'kamikazeThreshold' (a nil value)

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1381
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:17 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.16.8

Post by TheSAguy » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:05 pm

Hey Veden,

I've not played much recently, but noticed you added your own Units and Nests.
Not sure what update added these.

But does this now make your mod no longer compatible with Bobs Enemies and Natural Evolution Enemies?

I think you're replacing all spawners with outs, so Yes....
Anyway around this?

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:54 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.16.9

Post by Veden » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:04 pm

CodeZ wrote:Got following error when loading an old 0.15 map with Rampant 0.16.8 (heavy migrations were done as some mods are missing, Rampant was not in use in the save until now) :

Code: Select all

 832.166 Error MainLoop.cpp:1016: Exception at tick 30758981: Error while running event Rampant::on_entity_died (ID 4)
__Rampant__/libs/UnitGroupUtils.lua:141: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'kamikazeThreshold' (a nil value)
That happens quite immediately after migrated content -dialog. I haven't tested if this happens on older versions of Rampant.

Loading an old (but different than above) 0.14 map (with different set of mods, and some missing) succeeded without this exception.
Loading a recent (also different) 0.16 map is also fine.
Seems to be slightly random exception, but every time thus far has involved a map migration and mod changes.
Should be fixed in the latest build
Light wrote: I found the cause was the mod Nauvis Day.

With that mod removed and spending a couple hours starting new maps, I tested it with vanilla, new rampant enemies, and bobs enemies. In all three instances the biters just sat at their base regardless of time of day, whether the radar could see them clearly or not. The only time they attacked me is when my avatar got close by or the pollution cloud touched them. I can't look into the mod to see what triggering events are required, but they've been uninterested in assaulting me at night in all three tests no matter what I end up doing to provoke a response.

These tests were all done on new maps each time to prevent any weird mod conflicts when enabling/disabling them mid-game. Thanks to this, I can safely say the feature isn't working at the moment, unless the trigger for attacks is after 30 minutes.
So is Rampant causing you issues or just Nauvis Day?
TheSAguy wrote:Hey Veden,

I've not played much recently, but noticed you added your own Units and Nests.
Not sure what update added these.

But does this now make your mod no longer compatible with Bobs Enemies and Natural Evolution Enemies?

I think you're replacing all spawners with outs, so Yes....
Anyway around this?
Just disable the new enemies and you should be good to go.

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:54 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.16.8

Post by Veden » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:02 pm

doc776@gmail.com wrote:So out of curiosity.. what exactly is "trivial smoke"?
Trivial smoke is the optimized version of the old smoke entities which were really slow.

The limit corresponds to an 8 bit id field for reference in the system.

samd
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:09 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.16.11

Post by samd » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:01 am

Found the other mod that adds too many trivial smoke. It's the Rampant Blockable Projectiles mod.

It will be interesting to see how this works with Natural evolution, bobs enemies and necromant. Hopefully everything just works off classifications and not exact named entities.

User avatar
Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:19 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.16.9

Post by Light » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:07 am

Veden wrote:
Light wrote: I found the cause was the mod Nauvis Day.

With that mod removed and spending a couple hours starting new maps, I tested it with vanilla, new rampant enemies, and bobs enemies. In all three instances the biters just sat at their base regardless of time of day, whether the radar could see them clearly or not. The only time they attacked me is when my avatar got close by or the pollution cloud touched them. I can't look into the mod to see what triggering events are required, but they've been uninterested in assaulting me at night in all three tests no matter what I end up doing to provoke a response.

These tests were all done on new maps each time to prevent any weird mod conflicts when enabling/disabling them mid-game. Thanks to this, I can safely say the feature isn't working at the moment, unless the trigger for attacks is after 30 minutes.
So is Rampant causing you issues or just Nauvis Day?
I should have reclarified that my initial goal was to get nocturnal mode to work. Nauvis was conflicting with this and causing the biters to disappear every few seconds, but even after fixing that I still couldn't get nocturnal mode to function in the tests I performed as mentioned in my previous post.

Also to clarify, Nauvis and Rampant work fine together without biters disappearing under normal situations. The disappearing issue only happened when nocturnal mode was activated with Nauvis enabled, so that's two bugs with the mode itself.

Post Reply

Return to “Mods”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Der_Failer