MOD [ 0.18.x / 1.1 ] Bio-Industries

Topics and discussion about specific mods
TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.16.x] Bio-Industries 2.1.0

Post by TheSAguy »

Officer Joe Balogna wrote:There is a bug with Bio Industries, which is causing some of my oh-so-expensive bio farms to just disappear. I am placing them inside of Factorissimo factory buildings, using blueprints. So far I've lost about 20 of my 48 bio-farms within a short time period.

*EDIT*
While on the topic of disappearing bio-farms, I need to know, what is the ID for it? I need to cheat myself more of them.
Hmm, I don't know why this would be....
Is it just the farms that disappear? When do they disappear?
I don't know the ID's or how to get that, sorry.

Officer Joe Balogna
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Officer Joe Balogna »

I haven't a clue why they disappear, especially when it's only some of them. Sometimes they disappear when I'm looking, sometimes when I'm not.

Also, is there any way I can find the ID of the bio-farm? Some files to root through, maybe?

Officer Joe Balogna
Inserter
Inserter

I'm encountering yet another issue :/

Some of my bio-farms and nurseries are not inputting water like they are supposed to. When a connection to water is made, sometimes they take like 90 water (instead of 200), and won't take any more. If I replace the pipes connected to the farms and nurseries, they'll take a little more water, and that's it. What's really puzzling is that the other farms and nurseries, which have an identical setup, are working just fine

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Officer Joe Balogna wrote:I'm encountering yet another issue :/

Some of my bio-farms and nurseries are not inputting water like they are supposed to. When a connection to water is made, sometimes they take like 90 water (instead of 200), and won't take any more. If I replace the pipes connected to the farms and nurseries, they'll take a little more water, and that's it. What's really puzzling is that the other farms and nurseries, which have an identical setup, are working just fine
Can you send me a save... I've never heard of these issues before.
Thanks.

Officer Joe Balogna
Inserter
Inserter

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3qtbqjlcpy1uu ... p.zip?dl=0 . The save was named after your mod :D

You will find the Bio Industries stuff near the body of water, where the 4 factory buildings are located.

Inside 2 of the large factory buildings, you'll see a bunch of missing bio farms (they were originally stacked from top to bottom with no gaps)

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

I saw some disappear, but then could not recreate it. Very weird. I've sent a PM to the mod creator seeing if he had any insight.

The water starts to flow once you add seedlings.
Also, make sure you connect them to a electric pole to the transformer, seems like they are not connected if you don't put one pole there at the entrance.

Officer Joe Balogna
Inserter
Inserter

TheSAguy wrote:I saw some disappear, but then could not recreate it. Very weird. I've sent a PM to the mod creator seeing if he had any insight.

Also, make sure you connect them to a electric pole to the transformer, seems like they are not connected if you don't put one pole there at the entrance.
Thank you for the help. If you can, I'd also appreciate it if you could ask the mod creator how to cheat in bio-farms.

knightofrust
Inserter
Inserter

Post by knightofrust »

Little suggestion: add support for special trees and gardens from angel's bio processing by making them spawn with a small chance from saplings planted onto appropriate terrain (swamp tree and garden on a dirt, temperate tree and garden on a grass and desert garden on a sand tiles).

JerryCZZ1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by JerryCZZ1 »

Same error when I tried place concrete | mod ver. 2.1.0 | factorio ver. 0.16.7 | any solution?
Screenshot_69.png
Screenshot_69.png (83.9 KiB) Viewed 8753 times

knightofrust
Inserter
Inserter

Post by knightofrust »

JerryCZZ1 wrote:Same error when I tried place concrete | mod ver. 2.1.0 | factorio ver. 0.16.7 | any solution?
Screenshot_69.png
The solution is probably to update factorio or downgrade Bio Industries, as tile placement was changed in the later versions of the game and, consequently, in the mods.

Also, another suggestion regarding BI: seed bombs are cool, but in the same time are very powerful/inaccurate, maybe the radius of tree placement should be toned down for them (along with amounts of resources required for crafting)? They also produce very disctinctive lag spike/performance drop on impact when the seedlings get placed.

JerryCZZ1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by JerryCZZ1 »

knightofrust wrote:
JerryCZZ1 wrote:Same error when I tried place concrete | mod ver. 2.1.0 | factorio ver. 0.16.7 | any solution?
Screenshot_69.png
The solution is probably to update factorio or downgrade Bio Industries, as tile placement was changed in the later versions of the game and, consequently, in the mods.
I can't update factorio because another mods don't works with new version so I downgrade BI and it's works again. Thanks : )

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

JerryCZZ1 wrote:
knightofrust wrote:
Screenshot_69.png
I can't update factorio because another mods don't works with new version so I downgrade BI and it's works again. Thanks : )
Sorry to hear Jerry, but I can't support past versions of Factorio, just too much maintenance...

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Officer Joe Balogna wrote:
TheSAguy wrote:I saw some disappear, but then could not recreate it. Very weird. I've sent a PM to the mod creator seeing if he had any insight.

Thank you for the help. If you can, I'd also appreciate it if you could ask the mod creator how to cheat in bio-farms.
You could use:
/c game.player.insert{name="bi_bio_farm", count=100}

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Merry76 wrote:There appears to be a problem when placing musk floor with construction bots: when they do place musk floor, it appears as not connected to the electrical network if there isnt a supply area of a pole nearby (having the pole of course will connect them to the network). Sometimes if you remove the pole afterwards, it gets disconnected, showing that they never connected their internal network at all.

Interestingly, if you place them by hand they kinda work, because the fine copper cables will get placed without fail and work if there is a pole or not. :roll:
Finally got this one fixed!
Version 2.1.2 is up!

Officer Joe Balogna
Inserter
Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.16.x] Bio-Industries 2.1.2

There seems to be an issue with seed bombs. The fertilizer seed bomb only applies a very tiny amount of fertilizer to the area, and the advanced fertilizer seed bomb also applies a very tiny amount of advanced fertilizer. Because of this, very few trees are produced at all.

This was the result of an adv. fertilized bomb.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1292063712

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.16.x] Bio-Industries 2.1.2

Post by TheSAguy »

Officer Joe Balogna wrote:There seems to be an issue with seed bombs. The fertilizer seed bomb only applies a very tiny amount of fertilizer to the area, and the advanced fertilizer seed bomb also applies a very tiny amount of advanced fertilizer. Because of this, very few trees are produced at all.

This was the result of an adv. fertilized bomb.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1292063712
Give it a go now. I had a little error in my formulas.
Thanks.

Officer Joe Balogna
Inserter
Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.16.x] Bio-Industries 2.1.3

I updated your mod, and tried it again, but got the exact same results.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1292884198

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Officer Joe Balogna wrote:I updated your mod, and tried it again, but got the exact same results.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1292884198
Could you please send me a save?

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Thanks Officer Joe Balogna.
I've uploaded v 2.1.4,
It fixes most compatibility issues with Alien Biomes. For some reason, some terrains don't always convert.

Return to “Mods”