MOD [ 0.18.x / 1.1 ] Bio-Industries

Topics and discussion about specific mods
TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.16.x] Bio-Industries 2.0.2

Post by TheSAguy »

FalcoGer wrote:Bug: I just want to use this mod for tree growing. So I disabled everything else in the mod options, including the tweak recipes.
But the rails still use concrete. I didn't check the other stuff.
I tried bug reporting on the mod download page, but well.
Should I file issues on git instead?
I don't think this is a bug, you have concrete rail and wood rail. The recipe tweaks only change the stone to crushed stone.

FalcoGer wrote: Also, as I already stated, I'd like to use only very specific aspects of the mod, but It wants to do everything. There used to be options to turn individual modules on and off, but that doesn't seem to be there anymore.
For examples it adds a bunch of stuff I don't want to use, such as wood pipes, wood rails, wood fences/walls, wood big power poles, even with all options disabled.
Could you please re-add the option to disable wood buildings?
You should probably find a different mod then. This one is a little more complected.
I have in the past had a lot of options, but it caused more problems than it solved... Just don't use the features you don't like or look for a mod that does more specifically what you want.
Or Mod/Edit it as you like!

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Yinan wrote:One thing I'm missing from this mod is the ability to create Lubricant. You can do Light Oil and Petroleum, but not Heavy Oil which is needed for Lubricant.
I added in a recipe for Lube from Biomass

knightofrust
Inserter
Inserter

Post by knightofrust »

Hello. Is your mod's crushed stone the same as the one from ore refining in Angel's? If no, would it be hard to integrate?

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

knightofrust wrote:Hello. Is your mod's crushed stone the same as the one from ore refining in Angel's? If no, would it be hard to integrate?
It should be the same, let me know if not.

AmatorPhasma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.16.x] Bio-Industries 2.0.4

Post by AmatorPhasma »

Hey o/

In
./Bio_Industries_2.0.4.zip/Bio_Industries_2.0.4/prototypes/Bio_Farm/pipeConnectors.lua
and
/Bio_Industries_2.0.4.zip/Bio_Industries_2.0.4/prototypes/Bio_Fuel/pipeConnectors.lua

There you override the function "pipecoverspictures()", this has a small side effect on all mods that are loaded after yours if they want to call the vanilla function with the same name.

See the picture:
(left vanilla | right modded tank after Bio-Industries in the loading order.)

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

AmatorPhasma wrote:Hey o/

In
./Bio_Industries_2.0.4.zip/Bio_Industries_2.0.4/prototypes/Bio_Farm/pipeConnectors.lua
and
/Bio_Industries_2.0.4.zip/Bio_Industries_2.0.4/prototypes/Bio_Fuel/pipeConnectors.lua

There you override the function "pipecoverspictures()", this has a small side effect on all mods that are loaded after yours if they want to call the vanilla function with the same name.

See the picture:
(left vanilla | right modded tank after Bio-Industries in the loading order.)
Thanks for the report.
Please let me know if version 2.0.5. fixes this for you.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.16.x] Bio-Industries 2.0.5

Post by TheSAguy »

V.2.0.5 - Fixed Large Wooden Pole supply area. Fixed Bio Boiler, updated tree planting to use weights for tree types. Fixed pipe covers.

AmatorPhasma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AmatorPhasma »

TheSAguy wrote:Thanks for the report.
Please let me know if version 2.0.5. fixes this for you.
Yes it does!
Thanks o7

KnightOwl
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.16.x] Bio-Industries 2.0.6

Post by KnightOwl »

I can no longer place stone pathways down and the error is pointing at Bio Industries.

Error while running event
Bio_Industries::on_player_built_tile(ID 45)
__Bio_Industries__/control.lua:387:bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil)

I'm running Bobs/Angels but am 20 hours in and this is the first time I'm seeing this error. There was a Factorio update that I installed today so maybe something changed in there?

Cisien
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cisien »

I'm seeing the same, also with Bob's/Angel's. I get the error when attempting to place landfill

I was able to work around this error by editing the file called out in the error, and commenting out (-- before each line) all lines in the function that contains line 387. This however, does disable placing the solar paths.

pleauser
Inserter
Inserter

Post by pleauser »

KnightOwl wrote:I can no longer place stone pathways down and the error is pointing at Bio Industries.

__Bio_Industries__/control.lua:387:bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil)

I'm running Bobs/Angels but am 20 hours in and this is the first time I'm seeing this error. There was a Factorio update that I installed today so maybe something changed in there?
also happens with landfill
landfillerror.png
landfillerror.png (105.32 KiB) Viewed 6836 times

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

pleauser wrote:
KnightOwl wrote:I can no longer place stone pathways down and the error is pointing at Bio Industries.

landfillerror.png
Please give 2.0.9 a go.
Thanks.

pleauser
Inserter
Inserter

Post by pleauser »

TheSAguy wrote:
pleauser wrote:

landfillerror.png
Please give 2.0.9 a go.
Thanks.
Happy to report the problem is gone for me :)

KnightOwl
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by KnightOwl »

pleauser wrote:
TheSAguy wrote:
pleauser wrote:

landfillerror.png
Please give 2.0.9 a go.
Thanks.
Happy to report the problem is gone for me :)
Same with the pathes for me.

Thanks for the quick response!

ctuncks
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ctuncks »

Just have to ask, but am I missing something with the Bio Boilers? 1 Boiler doesn't provide enough steam to run 2 Steam engines at full load producing only 2.2 k/m of 250C steam as seen below.
Compare to a standard boiler that produces 3.5 k/m of 165C steam.
Here's a setup with 1 boiler, 2 steam engines and 6 radars (for a 1.8 MW power draw) [Used creative mode tools to provide water, coal and electricity for the fast inserter, the electricity is not hooked up to the rest of the power network] as you can see with the mouse over the small power pole not enough power is being generated.
Electric network info, notice how it's only producing 1.2 MW this seems to be due to one of the engines under performing due to lack of available steam from one boiler (see 1st screenshot).
Mouse over of the boiler itself it's got enough water, it's got enough coal and according to the tool-tips it's producing 250C steam.

I thought maybe they might be more efficient with larger numbers so I setup 24 steam engines (with enough power draw to max them) and used 12 boilers to power them this consumed 323 coal per minute and puts out 332.3076 Pollution/Sec in order to equal this power output with bio boilers I required 19 of them which consumes 319 coal/min ( a slight improvement) at the cost of 347.2611 Pollution/Sec which of course is worse then the "dirtier" option of standard boilers.

So in short for equal power using steam engines Bio Boilers use slightly less coal ( and I assume other burnables) at the expense for far greater pollution, greater resource cost per boiler and larger physical footprint. Yes I did pair them up with steam turbines and you'll get 1.8 mw per turbine for each boiler, but it's still feels like a gross inefficient use of the turbine (and the materials to make it) as opposed to regular boilers and engines.

So what am I missing here the bio boiler seems to produce hotter, but small quantities of steam then a regular boiler which is wasted on a regular steam engine whilst also not producing enough efficient quantity of steam to power said engines. Whilst at the same time not being hot enough to efficiently make use of steam turbines. Does the coal liquefaction process need 250C steam? Some other esoteric mods making use of this temp? Or could it just be a bug or balance issue?

Any help to enlighten me would be appreciated.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

ctuncks wrote:Just have to ask, but am I missing something with the Bio Boilers?

Any help to enlighten me would be appreciated.
Thanks for this feedback ctuncks. It's a balancing issue :)
I'm going to tweak it a little. Please give it another go after the next update. I don't think I can get mere than two steam generators per burner, so it will just be more efficient.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.16.x] Bio-Industries 2.1.0

Post by TheSAguy »

Release of version 2.1.0.
Tweaked Bio Boiler. - Let me know if it works better now.
Added Seed Bombs. Fast way to plant trees :)

ctuncks
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ctuncks »

Steam production is up to 2.6K (Think it's actually closer to 2.7K from engine fluid consumption output) a second which produces 1.3 k MW (with 2 engines) so it still falls short.

I've yet to delve into modding myself yet, but would a potential solution maybe using the previous boiler profile from your last patch 2.2K steam/min (though probably closer to 2.3K) at 250C and pair it up with a custom steam engine that takes 19 fluid/s with a maximum temperature of 250C that produces 900kw?

Merry76
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Merry76 »

There appears to be a problem when placing musk floor with construction bots: when they do place musk floor, it appears as not connected to the electrical network if there isnt a supply area of a pole nearby (having the pole of course will connect them to the network). Sometimes if you remove the pole afterwards, it gets disconnected, showing that they never connected their internal network at all.

Interestingly, if you place them by hand they kinda work, because the fine copper cables will get placed without fail and work if there is a pole or not. :roll:

Officer Joe Balogna
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Officer Joe Balogna »

There is a bug with Bio Industries, which is causing some of my oh-so-expensive bio farms to just disappear. I am placing them inside of Factorissimo factory buildings, using blueprints. So far I've lost about 20 of my 48 bio-farms within a short time period.

*EDIT*
While on the topic of disappearing bio-farms, I need to know, what is the ID for it? I need to cheat myself more of them.

Return to “Mods”