[0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by bobingabout »

Updates:
Ores 0.16.2:
Adjusted water spawn rate and stats.
Fixed an error in infinite ore setting.
updated state_mult counts
changed enhance stone default to false
Added railworld and rich resource preset adjustments

library 0.16.2:
updating ore autoplace settings
changed default of state_mult from 1 to 100

The result means that ores now spawn a lot more similar to how they do in the base game, however, it does mean that your chances of finding the ores you need in the starting area seem to be a lower.
doc776@gmail.com wrote:Seems the wire connector is little off on the bot logistics controller building. Sorry if already posted elsewhere.
fat controller.png
error isn't reported, however, there is a note in my todo file that I need to look into it.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

masneoquil
Inserter
Inserter

Post by masneoquil »

Hello Bob

With the last update I'm having this error when starting up the game: Error while loading entity prototype "thorium-ore"(resource): An infinite resource cant' have a minimum amount of 0.
Bob.jpg
Bob.jpg (28.45 KiB) Viewed 7836 times
Thanks for all you do.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

masneoquil wrote:Hello Bob

With the last update I'm having this error when starting up the game: Error while loading entity prototype "thorium-ore"(resource): An infinite resource cant' have a minimum amount of 0.
Bob.jpg
Thanks for all you do.
Strange... Can you also tell me your bob ores mod settings? is thorium enabled, do you have infinite ores enabled etc?
I also have a Patreon.

masneoquil
Inserter
Inserter

Post by masneoquil »

bobingabout wrote: Strange... Can you also tell me your bob ores mod settings? is thorium enabled, do you have infinite ores enabled etc?
I would love to, the problem is that now since I can't load bobores, I also can't see the options for it. Is there a way I can rollback to the previous version?

masneoquil
Inserter
Inserter

Post by masneoquil »

masneoquil wrote:
bobingabout wrote: Strange... Can you also tell me your bob ores mod settings? is thorium enabled, do you have infinite ores enabled etc?
I would love to, the problem is that now since I can't load bobores, I also can't see the options for it. Is there a way I can rollback to the previous version?
Looking at the mod-setting file these are the options:

Code: Select all

"bobmods-ores-enablebauxite":{  
         "value":true
      },
      "bobmods-ores-enablecobaltore":{  
      },
      "bobmods-ores-enablegemsore":{  
      },
      "bobmods-ores-enablegoldore":{  
      },
      "bobmods-ores-enableleadore":{  
      },
      "bobmods-ores-enablenickelore":{  
      },
      "bobmods-ores-enablequartz":{  
      },
      "bobmods-ores-enablerutile":{  
      },
      "bobmods-ores-enablesilverore":{  
      },
      "bobmods-ores-enablesulfur":{  
      },
      "bobmods-ores-enablethoriumore":{  
      },
      "bobmods-ores-enabletinore":{  
      },
      "bobmods-ores-enabletungstenore":{  
      },
      "bobmods-ores-enablewaterores":{  
      },
      "bobmods-ores-enablezincore":{  
      },
      "bobmods-ores-enhancestone":{  
      },
      "bobmods-ores-gemprobability":{  
         "value":0.05
      },
      "bobmods-ores-gemsfromotherores":{  
         "value":false
      },
      "bobmods-ores-infiniteore":{  
      },
      "bobmods-ores-leadgivesnickel":{  
      },
      "bobmods-ores-leadnickelratio":{  
         "value":0.6
      },
      "bobmods-ores-nickelcobaltratio":{  
         "value":0.4
      },
      "bobmods-ores-nickelgivescobalt":{  
      }

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

So you have Thorium and Infinite turned on, I'll take a look at that on my end when I can.

EDIT:
Was nothing to do with thorium, or even the bobores mod at all. I missed something in the library. It has been updated, changes as below.

library 0.16.3:
Changes to autoplace broke infinite ores. I changed the richness_base value from 400+ to less than 10 to bring into line with new base game. This caused the calculations for minimum and maximum defaults on infinite ores to be less than 1. I multiplied all new values by 50 to compensate. There is also a check to in the function to make sure this value can't be less than 1 (Gems ore would be less than 1 with new richness base, even with the new math)
Changed gas bottle stack size to 10
I also have a Patreon.

masneoquil
Inserter
Inserter

Post by masneoquil »

bobingabout wrote:So you have Thorium and Infinite turned on, I'll take a look at that on my end when I can.

EDIT:
Was nothing to do with thorium, or even the bobores mod at all. I missed something in the library. It has been updated, changes as below.

library 0.16.3:
Changes to autoplace broke infinite ores. I changed the richness_base value from 400+ to less than 10 to bring into line with new base game. This caused the calculations for minimum and maximum defaults on infinite ores to be less than 1. I multiplied all new values by 50 to compensate There is also a check to in the function to make sure this value can't be less than 1 (Gems ore would be less than 1 with new richness base, even with the new math)
Changed gas bottle stack size to 10
Thanks bob. I can confirm that is fixed.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Probably the biggest single mod update I've done since 0.16 releases.

Logstics 0.16.4:
Fix that Robotics 3 and Advanced Robots 2 required a Production science pack instead of Logistic.
Fix that roboport was still unlockable by construction/logistic repotics when recipe was overwritten for modular.
Fixed that Logistics 4 had production science pack instead of science pack 3
Fixed LZE circuit network connection.
Fixed Valve circuit network connection.
Fluid wagons now cost only 1 fluid storage tank each.
Removed fluid wagon x3 capacity multipliers, to bring them in line with base game (1 = 25k, 2 = 37.5k, 3 = 50k, A1 = 25k, A2 = 37.5k)
All fluid wagon weights changed to bring them in line with base game (1 = 1000, 2 = 1500, 3 = 2000, A1 = 2000, A2 = 2500)
Armored cargo wagon 2 weight increased to 2500 (was 2000, same as A1, when it can carry more cargo, so should have the +500 like 1 to 2, and 2 to 3)
Construction Robot Technology now unlocks only Storage chest
Logistic Robot Technology now unlocks Passive provider and requester chests.
Logistic system technology now unlocks active provider and buffer chests.
Ballanced robot costs when flying robot frames are turned off.

Inserters 0.16.4:
Fixed Inserter preplace GUI not using the right offset location if near isn't researched.

Warfare 0.16.1:
Removed production science pack from follower robot count 7+
Removed minimum range from artillery ammo
added direction_deviation = 0 and range_deviation = 0 to artillery ammo
Reduced artillery ammo stacksizes to 20
increase base game artillery shell stack size to 20
Increase artillery ammo damage from 400 to 1000 (and robots from 6 to 15)
Increased artillery ammo recipe costs.
Increased artillery turret ammo stack size from 15 to 50
Increase range of tank artillery weapon from 0 to 35 to 8 to 96
Reduced tank artillery firing speed
removed artillery speed upgrades, there's a basegame version now.
I also have a Patreon.

vtx
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by vtx »

I found a weird bug and I think it's cause by your newest update to logistic. We start a new game with that mod updated and seem the recipe for chest requester is not available. Appear in logistic request, was there in research but the recipe is nowhere.

In the previous game before the update the research was allready learned and I can see the recipe.

I have to make that simple mod to fix that https://mods.factorio.com/mod/requestchestfix

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

vtx wrote:I found a weird bug and I think it's cause by your newest update to logistic. We start a new game with that mod updated and seem the recipe for chest requester is not available. Appear in logistic request, was there in research but the recipe is nowhere.

In the previous game before the update the research was allready learned and I can see the recipe.

I have to make that simple mod to fix that https://mods.factorio.com/mod/requestchestfix
Requester chests were removed from the Logistics System research in my latest update, but added to Logistic Robots instead. Can you confirm if the chest is on Logistic Robots, and if no, could you screenshot the list of mods that modifies logistic robot research? (yellow text when you point to the research icon)

In either case, this is my code

-- Chest ballancing.
bobmods.lib.tech.remove_recipe_unlock("construction-robotics", "logistic-chest-passive-provider")
bobmods.lib.tech.add_recipe_unlock("logistic-robotics", "logistic-chest-requester")
bobmods.lib.tech.remove_recipe_unlock("logistic-robotics", "logistic-chest-storage")
bobmods.lib.tech.remove_recipe_unlock("logistic-system", "logistic-chest-requester")
You can clearly see the second line adds it to Logistic Robots.

I could just comment out that last line, there's no harm in it being unlocked twice (I mean, in the base game the roboport, passive provider and storage chests are unlocked by both the construction and logistics robot research), I just wanted things to be clean (no duplication), but if it causes issues, that's a reason to be messy (have duplication)
I also have a Patreon.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

bobingabout wrote:
fishycat wrote:Though I like most of the base game changes, I really don't get the one with the splitters in transport-belt fast replaceable group. It is really annoying when you upgrade your mainbus and accidentally all the splitters... :x

Fair enough, I can change it for my game, no problem. I like your addition to the inserters, nice one. :)
personally, I agree, the a splitter is a splitter, a belt is a belt, and an UG belt is an UG belt. I changed it to conform to the new base game, as it was brought to my attention and the change requested.

The alternate solution would be to go and change all the base game splitters back to a splitters group, and UG belts to an UG belts group. Perhaps one day I could add a setting to change the fast replace group of splitters and UG belts to their own group?
The nice thing there is that you can just put a splitter on top of a belt without having to remove the belt first. The bad thing for updating is that it works in reverse too.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles »

bobingabout wrote:Probably the biggest single mod update I've done since 0.16 releases.

Logstics 0.16.4:
Fix that Robotics 3 and Advanced Robots 2 required a Production science pack instead of Logistic.
Fix that roboport was still unlockable by construction/logistic repotics when recipe was overwritten for modular.
Fixed that Logistics 4 had production science pack instead of science pack 3
Fixed LZE circuit network connection.
Fixed Valve circuit network connection.
Fluid wagons now cost only 1 fluid storage tank each.
Removed fluid wagon x3 capacity multipliers, to bring them in line with base game (1 = 25k, 2 = 37.5k, 3 = 50k, A1 = 25k, A2 = 37.5k)
All fluid wagon weights changed to bring them in line with base game (1 = 1000, 2 = 1500, 3 = 2000, A1 = 2000, A2 = 2500)
Armored cargo wagon 2 weight increased to 2500 (was 2000, same as A1, when it can carry more cargo, so should have the +500 like 1 to 2, and 2 to 3)
Construction Robot Technology now unlocks only Storage chest
Logistic Robot Technology now unlocks Passive provider and requester chests.
Logistic system technology now unlocks active provider and buffer chests.
Ballanced robot costs when flying robot frames are turned off.

Inserters 0.16.4:
Fixed Inserter preplace GUI not using the right offset location if near isn't researched.

Warfare 0.16.1:
Removed production science pack from follower robot count 7+
Removed minimum range from artillery ammo
added direction_deviation = 0 and range_deviation = 0 to artillery ammo
Reduced artillery ammo stacksizes to 20
increase base game artillery shell stack size to 20
Increase artillery ammo damage from 400 to 1000 (and robots from 6 to 15)
Increased artillery ammo recipe costs.
Increased artillery turret ammo stack size from 15 to 50
Increase range of tank artillery weapon from 0 to 35 to 8 to 96
Reduced tank artillery firing speed
removed artillery speed upgrades, there's a basegame version now.
These are welcomed changes! Although, increasing the base game artillery shell stack size to 20 seems a bit much, but I will go with it. Thanks for you dedication!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

RocketManChronicles wrote:These are welcomed changes! Although, increasing the base game artillery shell stack size to 20 seems a bit much, but I will go with it. Thanks for you dedication!
I wasn't going to make it that high, but I did it based on the amount of damage it does.
Tank shells stack to 100 and deal 200 damage each, that's 20k damage per stack.
Artillery shells do 1000 damage each, 5 times what Cannon shells do, so I divided the stack size by 5, which is 20. Stacks of 20k damage per stack.

That's my logic behind it.
I also have a Patreon.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

bobingabout wrote:
RocketManChronicles wrote:These are welcomed changes! Although, increasing the base game artillery shell stack size to 20 seems a bit much, but I will go with it. Thanks for you dedication!
I wasn't going to make it that high, but I did it based on the amount of damage it does.
Artillery shells do 1000 damage each, 5 times what Cannon shells do, so I divided the stack size by 5, which is 20. Stacks of 20k damage per stack.

I like your logic! :) I can only imagine having an 8-car train full of artillery shells arriving at an outpost! Mwa ha ha ha!...

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

RocketManChronicles wrote:
bobingabout wrote:

I like your logic! :) I can only imagine having an 8-car train full of artillery shells arriving at an outpost! Mwa ha ha ha!...
An artillery wagon stacks shells up to 100 iirc while in vanilla a cargo wagon only holds 40 shells. That really made no sense to me. A cargo wagon should definitely hold more shells than the artillery wagon itself. Now a cargo wagon holds 800 shells, enough to refill 8 artillery wagons or 40 (50?) artiellery turrets. Seems better.

vtx
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by vtx »

bobingabout wrote:
vtx wrote:I found a weird bug and I think it's cause by your newest update to logistic. We start a new game with that mod updated and seem the recipe for chest requester is not available. Appear in logistic request, was there in research but the recipe is nowhere.

Requester chests were removed from the Logistics System research in my latest update, but added to Logistic Robots instead. Can you confirm if the chest is on Logistic Robots, and if no, could you screenshot the list of mods that modifies logistic robot research? (yellow text when you point to the research icon)

In either case, this is my code

-- Chest ballancing.
bobmods.lib.tech.remove_recipe_unlock("construction-robotics", "logistic-chest-passive-provider")
bobmods.lib.tech.add_recipe_unlock("logistic-robotics", "logistic-chest-requester")
bobmods.lib.tech.remove_recipe_unlock("logistic-robotics", "logistic-chest-storage")
bobmods.lib.tech.remove_recipe_unlock("logistic-system", "logistic-chest-requester")
You can clearly see the second line adds it to Logistic Robots.

I could just comment out that last line, there's no harm in it being unlocked twice (I mean, in the base game the roboport, passive provider and storage chests are unlocked by both the construction and logistics robot research), I just wanted things to be clean (no duplication), but if it causes issues, that's a reason to be messy (have duplication)
I can confirm it's in "logistic robot" research and only bob's logistic affect the research. But it seem it's a fluke because I can't reproduce this bug either in scenario sandbox mode ( using unlock all research ) or by forcing all research with the command in a new game.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

bobingabout wrote:removed artillery speed upgrades, there's a basegame version now.
Speaking of which, the base game has artillery range upgrades, does this affect the tank artillery range as well?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Untested, but given the way it's defined, I'm going to say no. The Artillery train and turret are a weapon with special logic to be an artillery, the tank is just a weapon that fires artillery ammo.
I also have a Patreon.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

hi bob, do you know if thorium-ore is still used?
i saw an icon of it in the What is it used for (and it popped up an error when trying some mods with rso) but could not see any recipes that use it?

just wanted to check with you as i posted an error about it on the Rso mod page here, but in case it is not actually used anymore?
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=54614#p337715
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

It's not that it isn't used anymore, since it was created as a test ore.
It's more of a... It isn't used yet.
I tried to come up with ideas, and kept coming back to a result that didn't use Thorium.
And then took a break from modding, and have only really updated to 0.16, fixed bugs, and worked on extending new features so far.

Even my newly released mod was mainly just finishing off old work.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”