Is this a bug? (logistic requests)

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Avezo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Is this a bug? (logistic requests)

Post by Avezo »

Before I go through unneccesarily writing a proper report, I'd rather ask wheter it's a bug in the first place and it seems this is proper place to do it.

Was that part of logistic network optimalisations that bots take material from storage chests that are further away than passive providers that are close by? There is much more of it in storage chests than in passive providers if it matters.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Is this a bug? (logistic requests)

Post by Nexela »

Storage Chests are checked for items before Passive Providers, Active providers are checked before storage (This is hard to notice since active providers also provide to storage right away).

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] As this is not a bug, but more a lack of knowledge of some inner mechanics of the logistic network, I'll move this to Gameplay help, cause it may help other people too.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

HOSH
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by HOSH »

Is anyone else having an issue where the buffer chest is not supplying your personal logistic requests? We upgraded from 16.3 to 16.16 and the current logistics supply broke from what I had. So we are now back to having storage shortage.

I had our factory setup so that an item that we used was made and put into a buffer chest at below X quantity, then the buffer chest would request in a higher Y quantity so that items do not fill up the small storage chest area we have. And then for lower quantity items from the buffer chest (as a buffer for some of the production lines as well) put on to the belts and taken elsewhere in the factory.

Then when we need items we need to work on a project we get deliveries from the buffer chest and then once done cancel the requests and trash extra items and they go back to the buffer chest. So far in testing the buffer chests fill to X quantity and still requests Y quantity if available, but never fills our personal logistics requests after going to 16.16.

So wondering if are personal requests are below buffer chests now for some reason, noticed it was supposed to be fixed in 16.9, so scratching my head still.

Thanks

Return to “Gameplay Help”