Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by BlakeMW »

With stone early on I usually just stockpile it in chests, then later convert it to mineral slurry. Also at that later point, I set it up so if the mineral slurry is full the crushed stone is turned into mineralized water and evaporated.

safan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by safan »

earlygame: convert to stone and stone bricks,

stone bricks need a lot less space then crushed stone, and can be used for walls/buildings/floor

mid game: landfill, stone underground pipes

stone pipes instead of iron pipes!

end game: sludge

ReasonX
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ReasonX »

Hello. I am mixing bobs and angels mods.
And have both chemical branches. They dont crossing and it is annoying to have two product lines for one resource.

hewhoispale
Inserter
Inserter

Post by hewhoispale »

Bags7 wrote:Hey together, hope you can help me.

I started a game (didn't played since a while) with Bob's and Angels mod with the new Factorio 0.16 version. Works fine up to the point when i need brass, and therefore zinc, to progress futher.

There seems to be no way to get zinc without zinc.. :-( Maybe i'm missing something obvious, but all the ways to get it need machines which require brass:
- Sorting: only with chunks - floatation - brass pipes
- From Minerale Sludge - Crystallizer - brass pipes

I don't see what i'm missing.. please help, don't want to start over again ;-)
That's for a Mk1 flotation cell? From what I recall, the Mk1 flotation cell in .15 required steel. I recall reading about a bug with Bob/Angel where facilities were requiring the wrong tier of gear/pipe/widget because of some mixup where the tiers got reindexed or somesuch.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Termak wrote:
eloquentJane wrote:
Termak wrote:Been wondering same about Angel's Bio mod, havent started new modded game yet since i have waited for it. What do i do with all the stone without Bio? Just warehouse full of brick or what :D
Don't you use the ore processing methods that involve mineral catalysts? If I'm calculating correctly, to get a full yellow belt of mineral catalysts using crushed stone you need to input more than 4 blue belts of crushed stone. You can do it with slag too at 1/5 the amount of slag, but using crushed stone is at least a good way to get rid of the stuff.

That said, I'm still using the 0.15 versions of the mods so I don't know if this has changed in the latest versions.
I know theres lots of uses later, its the early/midgame where you are drowning under stone, thats where biowood processing was handy.
Atm im just paving the base with bricks until i get to sludge phase, playing AngelBobOmniMarathon atm so this takes a bit longer than usual :D
I patched up bioprocessing so I can play SeaBlock in 0.16. No way to play that without algae farms. You can get the patch or the full mod from the thread there:
viewtopic.php?f=95&t=43759&start=140#p327831

Iiirc I only bumped the factorio version and set icon_size in the bioprocessing mod. But read the diff if you care. I don't promise everything works but should get you over the draught till a new 0.16 version comes out.

FactorioParadox
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FactorioParadox »

So I'm trying to play with Angel's Bioprocessing in 15.40 but it keeps saying "Error in assignID, item with name 'wooden-board' does not exist." Is there some sort of config I could tweak to just remove the circuit-wood-fiber-board recipe?

adamcirillo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by adamcirillo »

did you add bob electronics I guess that is missing?

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

hewhoispale wrote:
Bags7 wrote:Hey together, hope you can help me.

I started a game (didn't played since a while) with Bob's and Angels mod with the new Factorio 0.16 version. Works fine up to the point when i need brass, and therefore zinc, to progress futher.

There seems to be no way to get zinc without zinc.. :-( Maybe i'm missing something obvious, but all the ways to get it need machines which require brass:
- Sorting: only with chunks - floatation - brass pipes
- From Minerale Sludge - Crystallizer - brass pipes

I don't see what i'm missing.. please help, don't want to start over again ;-)
That's for a Mk1 flotation cell? From what I recall, the Mk1 flotation cell in .15 required steel. I recall reading about a bug with Bob/Angel where facilities were requiring the wrong tier of gear/pipe/widget because of some mixup where the tiers got reindexed or somesuch.
In .15 they require T1 stuff and in .16 they require T2 stuff.

From what you say it sounds like T0 got reindexed as T1 and bumped all the following tires. So iron is now T1 and steel should be T2. Is that correct?

DaveSh99
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DaveSh99 »

Has anyone done a quick update of Angels Logistics? I would be interested in experimenting in 0.16 with the crawler truck and Angels Slow but earlier Robots, construction in particular. If not, then i'll wait till Angel has time to do it officially. Or I guess there is nanobots, but Angels ones seem more slick and neat.

Thanks,

d.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Light wrote:If you don't mind my asking, what are your design plans with how your science functions?

Your design philosophy is to take something already in place and put your own unique spin on it; To make it more involved and meaningful. This is why the vanilla experience feels so empty when we stop using the mods. Since you have three different canister types plus multiple labs, I can only wonder how you intend to handle science and improve upon the system to make it more involved.

I do recall you saying long ago that you really wanted to have tech advances be a lot slower so you don't skip phases of the game so quickly to the point research becomes obsolete shortly after you obtain it. This is something I completely agree with and hope you still have that in mind with what you're working on. Mods like AAI Industries have helped the burner phase have more meaning and require better planning for the longer term, rather than 5 minutes and it's over. Things like robots and certain buildings can be rushed to Mk4 rather fast to the point Mk2-3 are useless and so on.

If anything I'd like to know if your thoughts on that have changed since then.
After two months I may as well ask this again. It's the one mod that I'm waiting for before touching 0.16 given how it will likely reshape the Factorio experience to be more enjoyable than how it presently is.

DaveSh99
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DaveSh99 »

Hello, (I love your mods btw)...

Something went wrong with the latest update of petrochem and refining...

Further looking indicates that it was refining that had the update from 0.9.4 to 0.9.5. Petrochem didn't change.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (33.39 KiB) Viewed 6229 times

FactorioParadox
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Is there anything to do with stone other than turning it into bricks? My ore sorting system keeps jamming up and I end up having to manually void the stuff with my gun.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Arch666Angel pls add new recipes for straight getting chrome and manganese ores
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

FactorioParadox wrote:Is there anything to do with stone other than turning it into bricks? My ore sorting system keeps jamming up and I end up having to manually void the stuff with my gun.
Early game not really, you will use most of the stone to make mineral catalyst bit later. And production science packs.

FactorioParadox
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Termak wrote:
FactorioParadox wrote:Is there anything to do with stone other than turning it into bricks? My ore sorting system keeps jamming up and I end up having to manually void the stuff with my gun.
Early game not really, you will use most of the stone to make mineral catalyst bit later. And production science packs.
Well in that case, is there an easy way to automatically void it in the Angel's Suite or am I going to have to build a bunch of warehouses?

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Happy new 2018 Year to all people! I wish you happiness!
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

DaveSh99
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DaveSh99 »

FactorioParadox wrote:
Termak wrote:
Well in that case, is there an easy way to automatically void it in the Angel's Suite or am I going to have to build a bunch of warehouses?

There is also landfill, but i forget how early you can do that.

FactorioParadox
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

DaveSh99 wrote:
FactorioParadox wrote:
Termak wrote:

There is also landfill, but i forget how early you can do that.
It's red and green, but even that will fill up eventually as there are only two lakes nearby and one of them has a biter colony on the other side.

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

You should be able to use bricks to pave the base until you get the sludge going, but if you really want to just get rid of it you can always make it into mineral water and clarify it. I dont know how slow / big you building but I had no big issues (just paving base + one silo) until i got sludge and now im actually running low on the stuff until i get the "green" boards going so i can make more sludge from thermal water.

Also @Angel i noticed you flipped the cupric and ferrous recipes around to use the similar kinds of ores for copper / iron productions, i was wondering why my sorters were stopped last night :D

FactorioParadox
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

luckyd11 wrote:
mrvn wrote: Standard boilers have a 50% efficiency. Mk2 boilers have 60% and hotter steam. And so on. I would keep to those values.

But I wasn't thinking of making H2 a fuel that you just burn in a boiler. I was still thinking chemical plant where you have a dedicated recipe. X units of H2 + Y units of O2 give Z units of steam. In that case the question is: What is X and Z (and Y since the ratios are for pressure, not mol, but that should probably just mirror the pure water recipe) so that you have a energy loss even with the best loop.

But lets think about using H2 as fuel for boilers. It's a much simpler concept. It's a gas, it burns, lets heat water. This goes more into creating a generic boiler for fluids and gases. It would probably make sense to use a standard boiler but add another liquid input for fuel. So left to right water flows through, top has input for fuel, bottom output for steam. And then it's just about adding a fuel value for each liquid. Problem I think is that the game engines doesn't allow this. The devs would have to make a liquid/gas boiler template first.

So back to the recipe / chemical plant way of doing things: Thing is, when you burn H2 you do get H2O, very very hot steam. To be useful you would have to cool it down. So I would add a water connection and make it H2 + O2 + H2O (25°) = H2O (200°) or something. By spraying water mist into the flame you get cooler but more steam. If we ignore that burning hydrogen produces steam in itself add simply use it for energy we could use the same ratio of water to steam that normal boilers produce at the same speed and then just have to figure out the amount of H2/O2 to get the energy balanced to below the 50% efficiency of boilers.
I agree with your argument. It should have similar efficency as all standard boilers.

It's true that liquids and gases are not usable fuels in the base game. It would be a good addition, though, not necessary a simple one. Gas chemistry with pressure concepts? No! A simplified layer only.

But, without that, I like your idea of a H2 burning plant that produces hot water steam as per : H2 + (opt O2) + H2O (25 C) = H2O (200 C)
It's simple and effective; fits with current game mechanics; and it gets the job done. I'd be happy to see that in Angels Mods or aside of it in a compatible mod.

Anticipation ...
I know I'm a few weeks late, but you could do something similar to vanilla and add a recipe for solid hydrogen fuel - alongside an additional one that uses O2 as a filler to keep in line with your idea - which would not only allow it to be used for steam production, but would also allow it to be used in vehicles and other burner buildings.

Return to “Angels Mods”