[0.16.4] Sideloaded underground belt gets stuck

Things that has been reported already before.
ignatio
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.16.4] Sideloaded underground belt gets stuck

Post by ignatio »

In 0.16.x, I every so often get stuck items. E.g. in the picture below, the underground entrance under the player is intended to let through the electronic circuits coming out on the right belt lane from the blue splitter. Here you can see it doesn't, and the belt going left is empty. Removing the underground entrance and placing it back anew fixes the problem.

This happens at random spots in my factory, for no apparent reason. I've had it happen 3-4 times so far since I started with 0.16.

Provided I remember correctly, in all cases it's been underground entrances being sideloaded directly from splitters. Edit: Not true - had another instance where a belt was sideloading the underground entrance.

I'm using no mods.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
Log
(7.86 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
Underground sideload stuck.zip
Savegame
(56.84 MiB) Downloaded 168 times

EmperorArthur
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.16.4] Sideloaded underground belt gets stuck

Post by EmperorArthur »

Saw this from viewtopic.php?f=47&t=55624.

I am also experiencing this issue. It has happened several times, but only with this splitter in particular. Removing the splitter, and re-placing it seems to fix the problem for several hours.

Attachments
Splitter bug - stone bricks not feeding.zip
Save showing issue in progress
(9.09 MiB) Downloaded 114 times

Wisey
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Wisey »

I'm also having this issue, for me it has always been splitter into underground belt, and only 1 in the game at a time.
I only seem to notice it after an build update (0.16.8 today and a few of the other 0.16.x releases).
A quick rotate of the splitter and or under ground belt direction it works again ok.

Saved game attached with the problem on the belt of steel that the player is standing next to
Attachments
0.15 into 0.16.zip
Save with error
(28.75 MiB) Downloaded 105 times

Tony3D
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tony3D »

EmperorArthur wrote:Saw this from viewtopic.php?f=47&t=55624.

I am also experiencing this issue. It has happened several times, but only with this splitter in particular. Removing the splitter, and re-placing it seems to fix the problem for several hours.
I dont have an example but I have seen this occur multiple times as well. I use the splitter/side load underground belt - to separate materials from a belt that had different items on either side of the track. Yesterday it got a bit annoying so I started adding a single belt after the splitter and then attaching the underground belt because that always worked reliably where there was a chance that directly attaching the underground belt to the splitter would not. I could not tell if the change in behaviour was an intentional effect or not.

The only pattern that I could see (possibly a random pattern) is that it seems to occur when the splitter is facing horizontally moving items to the right of the screen with the underground belt moving items either upwards or downwards from the splitter.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report and saves however due to the complexity of belts there's not much that can be done with the saves.

I'll need a minimal save (50x50 max size) that has belts working and then at some number of ticks later it breaks in order to get this fixed.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Tony3D
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tony3D »

Rseding91 wrote:Thanks for the report and saves however due to the complexity of belts there's not much that can be done with the saves.

I'll need a minimal save (50x50 max size) that has belts working and then at some number of ticks later it breaks in order to get this fixed.
If the problem is going to occur the effect is pretty much instant. Either the underground belt /splitter works or it does not.

chrisgbk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by chrisgbk »

Most likely related to 56024 so probably fixed in 0.16.13.

Return to “Duplicates”