[MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Topics and discussion about specific mods
toddchitt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:14 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Post by toddchitt » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:27 pm

Hello. I have been playing this mod for quite a while and have yet to find this guy Gordon Freeman. I saw in a prior post something about a command to 'get them back' in referring to lost GLADOS Core. Can you do the same for Gordon? Please include EXACT instructions about applying this command as I have yet to do this in Factorio.
Many thanks.

Qwasich
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:37 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Post by Qwasich » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:01 am

Greetings.
I encountered a weird bug - i need to launch 60 Atomic Cargo (with mods maximum cargo load is 6), thats literally impossible.
Version 0.16
Attachments
20171225125914_1.jpg
20171225125914_1.jpg (360.82 KiB) Viewed 2053 times

User avatar
FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 11:39 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Post by FerrariMAF » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:29 pm

Qwasich wrote:Greetings.
I encountered a weird bug - i need to launch 60 Atomic Cargo (with mods maximum cargo load is 6), thats literally impossible.
Version 0.16
Qwasich, can you try this fix, please ? Tell me if it worked
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wgt35odqdgfz6 ... 4.zip?dl=0

User avatar
FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 11:39 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Post by FerrariMAF » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:30 pm

toddchitt wrote:Hello. I have been playing this mod for quite a while and have yet to find this guy Gordon Freeman. I saw in a prior post something about a command to 'get them back' in referring to lost GLADOS Core. Can you do the same for Gordon? Please include EXACT instructions about applying this command as I have yet to do this in Factorio.
Many thanks.
Have you found him ? There is a research that locates his shipwreck.

Qwasich
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:37 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Post by Qwasich » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:49 pm

Qwasich, can you try this fix, please ? Tell me if it worked
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wgt35odqdgfz6 ... 4.zip?dl=0
Attachments
Снимок экрана (3).png
Снимок экрана (3).png (77.79 KiB) Viewed 2047 times

User avatar
FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 11:39 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Post by FerrariMAF » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:06 pm

Qwasich wrote:
Qwasich, can you try this fix, please ? Tell me if it worked
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wgt35odqdgfz6 ... 4.zip?dl=0
updated. Please try again.

Qwasich
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:37 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Post by Qwasich » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:35 pm

updated. Please try again.
Yup, that's worked. Thanks!

toddchitt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:14 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Post by toddchitt » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:48 am

FerrariMAF wrote:
toddchitt wrote:Hello. I have been playing this mod for quite a while and have yet to find this guy Gordon Freeman. I saw in a prior post something about a command to 'get them back' in referring to lost GLADOS Core. Can you do the same for Gordon? Please include EXACT instructions about applying this command as I have yet to do this in Factorio.
Many thanks.
Have you found him ? There is a research that locates his shipwreck.
No, have not found Gordon. I see no research item that lists him as the result of a research.
I have rescued GLaDOS from the wreckage, brought him back to re-animate Wheatley, got Portals going, Roboports, lots of stuff. I see no Gordon Freeman.

Can you be very specific about where in the research tree I should be looking?

User avatar
FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 11:39 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Post by FerrariMAF » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:04 am

toddchitt wrote:
FerrariMAF wrote:
toddchitt wrote:Hello. I have been playing this mod for quite a while and have yet to find this guy Gordon Freeman. I saw in a prior post something about a command to 'get them back' in referring to lost GLADOS Core. Can you do the same for Gordon? Please include EXACT instructions about applying this command as I have yet to do this in Factorio.
Many thanks.
Have you found him ? There is a research that locates his shipwreck.
No, have not found Gordon. I see no research item that lists him as the result of a research.
I have rescued GLaDOS from the wreckage, brought him back to re-animate Wheatley, got Portals going, Roboports, lots of stuff. I see no Gordon Freeman.

Can you be very specific about where in the research tree I should be looking?
Please tell me what is shown in your mission Control Button

toddchitt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:14 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Post by toddchitt » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:03 am

FerrariMAF wrote:
Please tell me what is shown in your mission Control Button
Primary Objective: "Managed to extract from GLaDOS the information...With contact lost, the space fleet will leave the system without you."
GLaDOS: "I've been really bus. You know, after you KILLED me.!"

Thanks

User avatar
FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 11:39 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Post by FerrariMAF » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:15 am

toddchitt wrote:
FerrariMAF wrote:
Please tell me what is shown in your mission Control Button
Primary Objective: "Managed to extract from GLaDOS the information...With contact lost, the space fleet will leave the system without you."
GLaDOS: "I've been really bus. You know, after you KILLED me.!"

Thanks

Something is wrong. Are u using the last version of the mod ? If yes, I may need your save game for some tests. Can you share It ? My e-mail is ferrarimaf@gmail.com

SharkCK
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:19 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Post by SharkCK » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:52 am

I have been on this one stage for a while now. It says to develop flight technology and to research scan technology. What exactly do I need to research? I dont see a tech called "scan technology".
Attachments
factoriomsi1.PNG
factoriomsi1.PNG (1.14 MiB) Viewed 2011 times

SharkCK
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:19 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Post by SharkCK » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:31 am

Ok... so a bit of time has passed and suddenly I get a secondary quest pop up saying that I need to deactivate the core of the ship's energy reactor before it blows up and that the location has been marked on the map... except I see nothing marked on the map.
Attachments
factoriomsi2.PNG
factoriomsi2.PNG (299.83 KiB) Viewed 2008 times

SharkCK
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:19 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Post by SharkCK » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:32 am

Now, I did look over at the original shipwreck just now and it has a countdown timer... nothing says what I need to bring to it though.

Ok.. I just saw the requester chest above the original shipwreck. Going to satisfy this now and see what happens. Ok... Thats what it was. It was referring to the original shipwreck. Completing it helped none at all with the main questline though.

User avatar
FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 11:39 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Post by FerrariMAF » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:49 am

SharkCK wrote:Now, I did look over at the original shipwreck just now and it has a countdown timer... nothing says what I need to bring to it though.

Ok.. I just saw the requester chest above the original shipwreck. Going to satisfy this now and see what happens. Ok... Thats what it was. It was referring to the original shipwreck. Completing it helped none at all with the main questline though.

Shark, did you reveal all this area before or after que main quest (find the shipwreck with robotic core) was given ? Version of the mod ?

SharkCK
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:19 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Post by SharkCK » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:20 pm

Not sure what you're asking here. For that secondary quest, of course the original shipwreck was revealed. I was just noting that when it triggered, a marker was NOT placed on the map and I was not sure where it was.

The main issue I'm having is the next part of the main quest is not kicking off. It says that researching scan technology may help (I'm assuming it's the stage where you find GlaDOS since it involves flight) and I have no idea what to do.

Using the latest? version Mining-Space-Industries_0.16.2.zip that I got off of mods.factorio.com

SharkCK
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:19 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Post by SharkCK » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:53 pm

Does anybody have any idea on what to do to get the mod to uncover the GlaDOS shipwreck? I've even tried going out and looking for it myself but it doesnt seem like it spawns until the requirements are met. I really want flight bad! lol

SharkCK
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:19 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Post by SharkCK » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:26 am

I have removed all mods except for MSI and I still do not see anything that is called "Scan technology". I just found out how to look into the lua files and see that your mod is supposed to add three technologies, Shipwreck Scan 1-3. I do not see any of these in the game even with MSI as being the only mod loaded. I could really use some help. I even tried '/c game.player.force.recipes["shipwreck-scan1"].enabled=true' and it cannot find the technology. If I give myself the 'flying' tech, will it bug out the questline?

Edit:

Code: Select all

   {
    type = "technology",
    name = "shipwreck-scan1",
    icon = "__Mining-Space-Industries__/graphics/radar.png",
	icon_size = 128,
    prerequisites = {"advanced-electronics"},
    unit =
    {
      count = 300, 
      ingredients =
      {
        {"science-pack-1", 1},
        {"science-pack-2", 1},
        {"science-pack-3", 1}
      },
      time = 50
    },
    order = "a-d-c",
	enabled="false",
  },
 
  
   {
    type = "technology",
    name = "shipwreck-scan2",
    icon = "__Mining-Space-Industries__/graphics/radar.png",
	icon_size = 128,
    prerequisites = {"shipwreck-scan1", "flying"},
    unit =
    {
      count = 50,
      ingredients =
      {
        {"science-pack-1", 10},
        {"science-pack-2", 10},
        {"science-pack-3", 10},
		{"military-science-pack", 10},
		{"glados-core", 1},
     },
      time = 60
    },
    order = "a-d-c",
	enabled="false",
  },
  
  
    {
    type = "technology",
    name = "shipwreck-scan3",
    icon = "__Mining-Space-Industries__/graphics/radar.png",
	icon_size = 128,
    prerequisites = {"shipwreck-scan2" , "nuclear-power"},
    unit =
    {
      count = 70,
      ingredients =
      {
        {"science-pack-1", 10},
        {"science-pack-2", 10},
        {"science-pack-3", 10},
		{"military-science-pack", 10},
        {"production-science-pack",10},
		{"glados-core", 1},
		{"gordon-freeman", 1},
		
     },
      time = 70
    },
    order = "a-d-c",
	enabled="false",
  },
Each of those say enabled false. I guess they need to be enabled?

Note... I realized I was trying to use recipe instead of technology... I tried '/c game.player.force.technologies['shipwreck-scan1'].researched=true' and it could not find it either.

SharkCK
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:19 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Post by SharkCK » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:40 am

Update!

I enabled each of the three shipwreck-scan's and did /c game.player.force.technologies['shipwreck-scan1'].researched=true and after about 2-3 minutes the game detected the GlaDOS shipwreck!!! Testing to make sure the event works now.

Everything seemed to go well. I even got the next quest to take her back and to reconstruct Wheatley.

I see that there are a few other technologies disabled in your tech lua. Since I believe I have found the problem, I'll leave it to you to figure out what all needs to be enabled. If you can get an update out soon I'd appreciate it! I hope this helped! (It sounds like this is what's messing up for some of the others that have posted prior to my posts)

User avatar
FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 11:39 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Post by FerrariMAF » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:37 pm

SharkCK wrote:Update!

I enabled each of the three shipwreck-scan's and did /c game.player.force.technologies['shipwreck-scan1'].researched=true and after about 2-3 minutes the game detected the GlaDOS shipwreck!!! Testing to make sure the event works now.

Everything seemed to go well. I even got the next quest to take her back and to reconstruct Wheatley.

I see that there are a few other technologies disabled in your tech lua. Since I believe I have found the problem, I'll leave it to you to figure out what all needs to be enabled. If you can get an update out soon I'd appreciate it! I hope this helped! (It sounds like this is what's messing up for some of the others that have posted prior to my posts)
Shark the shipwreack was there wainting for you. When this mission is given, the ship is placed somewhere in a not revealed area. At the moment it is given, the scan techonology is made available fo you to research. Thats why it is disabled in the prototype file.

You had a lot of areas revealred, so the ship part was placed very far away.

Post Reply

Return to “Mods”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users