circuit logic suggestions

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

circuit logic suggestions

Post by ownlyme »

sorted by priority:

- add more wire colors
- add combinators with enhanced logic like a processor. possibly something like the mod factorissimo with combinators
- add combinator lights with at least 2 logics
- add "any color" to the any signals
- make this mod obsolete: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/coltonj9 ... ombinators
- custom sorting of the priority of colored signals
- make combinators smaller, should be possible to make input and output sides work
- have wires attached to combinators not connect to each other
mods.factorio.com/user/ownlyme
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

rldml
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: circuit logic suggestions

Post by rldml »

ownlyme wrote:sorted by priority:

- add more wire colors
+1
- add combinators with enhanced logic like a processor. possibly something like the mod factorissimo with combinators
can you describe an example, what you missing?
+1
+1
Some of them are builtin in the meantime. Some of them you can build with the existing combinators, if needed.
- custom sorting of the priority of colored signals
I believe, it's possible in vanilla, i've read something like this a few months ago
- make combinators smaller, should be possible to make input and output sides work
It would make me happy if we can have a "black box" (1x1 or 2x2) with a logic-combinator-grid in it and a predefined sum of input and outputs. But the game works for me also without such a thing.
i don't get it - can you describe what you mean?

Greetings, Ronny

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ownlyme »

rldml wrote:
can you describe an example, what you missing?
optimal would be if you can place a computer or processor that you can put combinators into and configure and wire it up, so you have the effect of 6-8 combinators in a single tiny one.
rldml wrote:
when you attach 2 red wires to the input of a combinator, the signals of the cables merge which can cause problems at another place.
mods.factorio.com/user/ownlyme
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

Selvek
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Selvek »

ownlyme wrote:
Just have one combinator with a microcontroller in it (or, perhaps, a "processing unit"), write some code, and you've now replaced the most complex combinator circuit ever created in factorio with a single processor :) Just like real life!

rldml
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by rldml »

ownlyme wrote:
rldml wrote:
when you attach 2 red wires to the input of a combinator, the signals of the cables merge which can cause problems at another place.
Ah ok - but have to disagree, because the effect of merging different circuit networks to one greater network is a structural benefit of this game. Additionally, you can kill this problem you mentioned through smart using of green and red wires and a clearly setup of your combinators...

Greetings Ronny

Carl
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Carl »

I can think of a few more:

A number of items have multiple ways for how the can interact with the circuit network, would be nice for items connected to multiple wires to have option to assign each function to a different wire.

Also ability to read contents of individual roboports, also ability to enable disable requester chests via wire. lso ability to read demand and production values from substations and electricity flow rate through power switches. I'm sure a few more will come to me.
Decider combinator beforehand, if X is greater than 0 output count. The combinator becomes a fire break refusing to pass signals backwards.

gamestefan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gamestefan »

ownlyme wrote:- add more wire colors
Agree. The processor one is quite cool.
ownlyme wrote:- make this mod obsolete: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/coltonj9 ... ombinators
Unlikely to happen, since it is already modded.
ownlyme wrote:- custom sorting of the priority of colored signals
Sure, why not. I also agree with @rldml on this one.
ownlyme wrote:- have wires attached to combinators not connect to each other
disagree, I usually wire multiple combinators together to let them each handle different conditions.

I would also like to add 2 more suggestions for the sake of balancing:
- Removing an entity which is connected to the circuit network should also return the red/green(/potential new) circuit wires.
- (more complicated and controversial) Blueprints with circuit wires included should require the circuit wires as ingredients. To me it feels a bit cheaty to get them for free.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”