[0.16.1] Artillery destroying rocks leaves items on ground.

Bugs that are actually features.
xenoxaos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.16.1] Artillery destroying rocks leaves items on ground.

Post by xenoxaos »

I'm playing on the Linux build 0.16.1, Today while playing with the artillery turret, I noticed that when destroying rocks, it leaves the stone items on the ground. Walking over it without holding F adds the items to your inventory. Attached a video as well as youtube link. Not a big deal, but thought I'd let you know.

Thanks!

https://youtu.be/Vn0igAZHNZk

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.16.1] Artillery destroying rocks leaves items on ground.

Post by sillyfly »

Pretty sure that's working as intended... same thing happens when you run the rocks over with a car or shoot them with any other weapon...

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

This is normal. Killing rocks dropps something like 10 stone. Doesnt matter how you do it
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

xenoxaos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by xenoxaos »

Alright, I see that it's not just the artillery creating the items on the ground (I just shot a rock to death). but walking over them picks the items up w/o holding F. So you can't leave them while walking over them.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

That behaviour has been around a while. I'm pretty sure it's deliberate. It was useful when you were able to pick up alien artifacts by justs walking over them.

Jürgen Erhard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jürgen Erhard »

Zavian wrote:That behaviour has been around a while. I'm pretty sure it's deliberate. It was useful when you were able to pick up alien artifacts by justs walking over them.
The bug is that it's inconsistent (yes, that's a bug): some of those rocks do drop items (stone/coal) other don't.

I'd prefer they all (including trees) drop stuff on the ground that the bot can't carry (and if hit, drop *some* on the ground, because, well, artillery). I never truly like the fact that a bot can carry four pieces of wood when it mined a tree, even when it can only carry one wood from a chest to another chest (pre-capacity research).

Return to “Not a bug”