[MOD 0.16] Upgrade planner

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Salty Wagyu
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15] Upgrade planner

Post by Salty Wagyu »

Trying to upgrade from medium electric pole to medium electric pole MK2 in bob's mod fails. Dragging over poles causes error shown in screenshot (entity to raise was not found), old poles get removed and ghosts of MK2 poles appear on the terrain
Attachments
Screenshot 2017-11-15 00.57.32.png
Screenshot 2017-11-15 00.57.32.png (2.19 MiB) Viewed 8829 times

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Salty Wagyu wrote:Trying to upgrade from medium electric pole to medium electric pole MK2 in bob's mod fails. Dragging over poles causes error shown in screenshot (entity to raise was not found), old poles get removed and ghosts of MK2 poles appear on the terrain
I believe this is fixed in the next version of the mod (for 0.16)

rubensayshi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by rubensayshi »

automatically having it all upgraded feels so OP, wish it was possible with bots, but <3 regardless cuz it beats trying to look over all the belts and find the spots which you skipped when upgrading lol

d3x0r
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by d3x0r »

rubensayshi wrote:automatically having it all upgraded feels so OP, wish it was possible with bots, but <3 regardless cuz it beats trying to look over all the belts and find the spots which you skipped when upgrading lol
It is, use shift-click-drag and it will replace via bots.

Biker
Inserter
Inserter

BUG?

Post by Biker »

Hello Klonan,

Upgrading burner inserter to electric inserter causes the extra buffered fuel to not be refunded.

Thanks for mod updates, and the new GUI :)

**Tested in a new map with base, and this mod enabled only.
BEFORE upgrade planner drag: https://i.imgur.com/VQDVlOq.jpg
AFTER upgrade planner applied: https://i.imgur.com/iwoNNx8.jpg

BlackHat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by BlackHat »

d3x0r wrote:
rubensayshi wrote:automatically having it all upgraded feels so OP, wish it was possible with bots, but <3 regardless cuz it beats trying to look over all the belts and find the spots which you skipped when upgrading lol
It is, use shift-click-drag and it will replace via bots.

Oh Wow, I was just coming here to also mention this. (Instant upgrade :( ) and wondering if this could be changed. I will have to try it out the next time I play.

Hmm in reading old comments, I see there was talk at one time of making a the default action (Instant or Bot) toggle-able, was this ever done?

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: BUG?

Post by Klonan »

Biker wrote:Hello Klonan,

Upgrading burner inserter to electric inserter causes the extra buffered fuel to not be refunded.

Thanks for mod updates, and the new GUI :)

**Tested in a new map with base, and this mod enabled only.
BEFORE upgrade planner drag: https://i.imgur.com/VQDVlOq.jpg
AFTER upgrade planner applied: https://i.imgur.com/iwoNNx8.jpg
Thanks for the report,

This should be fixed for the 0.16 version of the mod:

Hellrespawn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hellrespawn »

EDIT: Having done some research, it seems that raising on_player_mined_item will automatically return the "mined" stack to the player's inventory. If you then also call player.insert it will return it twice.

I don't know how often you check the mod portal discussions, so I'm posting it here too.

I was upgrading my yellow belts to red belts, and noticed that for every item replaced, I'm getting two back. I tried a few items and it includes belts, underground belts, splitters, inserters and presumably everything else. Items inside underground belts are properly returned and not duplicated. In fact, you can see it happening in that GIF you posted. You're getting two burner inserters in place of one regular inserter.

Night_Thastus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Night_Thastus »

I'm also getting double items back in 0.16.x

What a bummer. :(

Hellrespawn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hellrespawn »

Well that was fast.

I made a quick hacky fix until Klonan has time to work on it himself. This should work for the common use cases (simply upgrading belts, inserters, etc).
Last edited by Hellrespawn on Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Hellrespawn wrote:EDIT: Having done some research, it seems that raising on_player_mined_item will automatically return the "mined" stack to the player's inventory. If you then also call player.insert it will return it twice.

I don't know how often you check the mod portal discussions, so I'm posting it here too.

I was upgrading my yellow belts to red belts, and noticed that for every item replaced, I'm getting two back. I tried a few items and it includes belts, underground belts, splitters, inserters and presumably everything else. Items inside underground belts are properly returned and not duplicated. In fact, you can see it happening in that GIF you posted. You're getting two burner inserters in place of one regular inserter.
Thanks for the report

Should be fixed in 1.5.1

Salty Wagyu
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Salty Wagyu »

Hi, is there a fix for this issue?

It also said "Upgrade planner error - Entity to raise was not found" after swapping (and making a mess of) my belts:
Screenshot 2017-12-21 17.51.21.png
Screenshot 2017-12-21 17.51.21.png (991.08 KiB) Viewed 8572 times
The result after dragging across the blue belts and undergrounds.
The result after dragging across the blue belts and undergrounds.
Screenshot 2017-12-21 17.51.32.png (983.68 KiB) Viewed 8572 times
Also can the UI be moved? Its fixed to the centre of the screen since 0.16 and mod update

Igie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Igie »

Is it possible to fast replace wood? Can't place deconstruction planner near raw wood in GUI anymore

Suggestion:
If it's not already available, replacing blueprint on the left with the one on the right on the ground

Anhalter
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Anhalter »

ok, sorry if this might be a stupid question, but i cant seem to be getting the mod to work in an existing game.
Do i have to start a new game or am i missing something?

Thanks in advance!

d3x0r
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by d3x0r »

script.raise_event(defines.events.on_built_entity,{player_index = player.index, created_entity = new_item})

When the event is raised it doesn't have stack= This causes other mods to crash that are expecting a stack.

http://lua-api.factorio.com/0.16.7/even ... ilt_entity

created_entity :: LuaEntity
player_index :: uint
stack :: LuaItemStack

fred4106
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by fred4106 »

Hey, just finished a pull request that changes behavior on the upgrade blueprint button. The change lets it distinguish the difference between a blueprint and a blueprint book. In the case of a blueprint book, it will now cycle through and upgrade all blueprints contained in the blueprint book. Anyone who wants to try this version now can get a release here.

Also, I would recommend updating your mod portal page so it knows about your GitHub repo. This would let the mod portal display an additional tab "source" that leads to your repo.

wacs828
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by wacs828 »

Salty Wagyu wrote:Also can the UI be moved? Its fixed to the centre of the screen since 0.16 and mod update
I am having the same issue as well, it seems the UI stays in the middle of the screen now.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Salty Wagyu wrote:Hi, is there a fix for this issue?

It also said "Upgrade planner error - Entity to raise was not found" after swapping (and making a mess of) my belts:
Screenshot 2017-12-21 17.51.21.png
Screenshot 2017-12-21 17.51.32.png
Also can the UI be moved? Its fixed to the centre of the screen since 0.16 and mod update
Can you provide a save game?

I tried to reproduce the problem, but it all worked fine for me
fred4106 wrote:Hey, just finished a pull request that changes behavior on the upgrade blueprint button. The change lets it distinguish the difference between a blueprint and a blueprint book. In the case of a blueprint book, it will now cycle through and upgrade all blueprints contained in the blueprint book. Anyone who wants to try this version now can get a release here.

Also, I would recommend updating your mod portal page so it knows about your GitHub repo. This would let the mod portal display an additional tab "source" that leads to your repo.
I added the blueprint book functionality in a different way, thanks for the suggestion and the PR
d3x0r wrote:script.raise_event(defines.events.on_built_entity,{player_index = player.index, created_entity = new_item})

When the event is raised it doesn't have stack= This causes other mods to crash that are expecting a stack.

http://lua-api.factorio.com/0.16.7/even ... ilt_entity

created_entity :: LuaEntity
player_index :: uint
stack :: LuaItemStack
Mods should be checking that event data they want to use is valid,
But in any case, I have added the stack to the raised event, thanks for the report

d3x0r
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by d3x0r »

Klonan wrote:Mods should be checking that event data they want to use is valid,
But in any case, I have added the stack to the raised event, thanks for the report
Yes :) they should, and do now... was just reporting the potential issue :)
And thanx. Although the other item information was sufficient in my case.

wvlad
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Upgrade planner

Post by wvlad »

Hi, thanks for the mod. Can you make an option for normal mode to work only inside player reach range and all entities outside upgrade using robots?

Return to “Mods”