[Rseding91] [0.16.6] Enemy force restrictions

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

[Rseding91] [0.16.6] Enemy force restrictions

Post by boskid »

I found some issues:
1/ You can't Shift-left click enemy power pole ("Enemy wires cannot be disconnected"), but you can use copper cable and select both power poles to disconnect them.
2/ You can't transfer items to enemy chests ("Can't transfer to enemy structures"), but you can put your chest and use inserter to move items to it
3/ You can't open enemy structures, but you can repair them (who would?)
4/ You can't mine enemy belts ("enemy structures cannot be mined"), but you can mess with them placing your belts near corners (to make victim belts try to load on one side). You can even use ghost belts only having radar view to force side loading, victim will not see anything (other than broken corner) and will need to build something in place of not visible (for him) ghost belt

And other, minor things:
- Programmable speaker has 150,001 HP (i assume float limitations) - when shooting it with pistol, it requres 31 shots (after 5HP left, next shot moves to 1HP left), while for example radar with 250 HP requires 50 shots flatc
- If your mine explodes (for example because of enemy) it will leave ghost for robots to be reconstructed. However if you manually place new mine without removing this ghost, construction bot will stuck trying to place new mine, sometimes returning to roboport for recharge
- If you throw grenade into void (maps with limited size), you will see water splash, but you can't pump water from void anymore

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.6] Enemy force restrictions

Post by boskid »

5/ You can mark concrete or bricks for deconstruction over victim base, victim will see red croses in his base but will be unable to unmark them - this may be used to visually distract enemies

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.6] Enemy force restrictions

Post by Rseding91 »

I've fixed #1, #3, and #5.

#2 is intended - you simply can't leave chests in the open such that players can build inserters next to them to steal items.

#4 I believe is fixed in 0.16.7 but I'm not sure.

The programmable speaker has 150 health:

Code: Select all

{
    type = "programmable-speaker",
    name = "programmable-speaker",
    icon = "__base__/graphics/icons/programmable-speaker.png",
    icon_size = 32,
    flags = {"placeable-neutral", "player-creation"},
    minable = {hardness = 0.2, mining_time = 0.5, result = "programmable-speaker"},
    max_health = 150,
    corpse = "small-remnants",
Mining drill ghosts are removed when you build any real entity over them so I don't know what you're talking about with that.

The grenade particles is fixed for 0.16.7 as well.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Rseding91] [0.16.6] Enemy force restrictions

Post by boskid »

Oh, i mean "Land mine", not "Mining drill"

Programmable speaker can have 150 health in config, but when trying to represent it as a float or double, internally it may be little bigger or little less (if not possible to represent it as exact value of sign*(1+mantissa)*2^exponent) but with pistol that deals 5HP damage you need 31 shots instead of expected 30 shots

#2 yes you can't steal from victim chests, but you can insert to them using inserter.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”