[0.16] Space Extension Mod (SpaceX)

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Sandman2003
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.15] Space Extension Mod (SpaceX)

Post by Sandman2003 »

justneel wrote:Just an FYI that with the last version of Factorio and the mod, this mod crashes the app:

395.841 Error MainLoop.cpp:940: Exception at tick 44606078: Error while running event SpaceMod::on_rocket_launched (ID 10)
Unknown interface: silo_script
stack traceback:
__SpaceMod__/control.lua:306: in function <__SpaceMod__/control.lua:305>
395.841 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:94: MultiplayerManager failed: "Error while running event SpaceMod::on_rocket_launched (ID 10)
stack traceback:
__SpaceMod__/control.lua:306: in function <__SpaceMod__/control.lua:305>"
395.841 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:671: mapTick(44606078) changing state from(InGame) to(Failed)
Will look into it, thx.

I have tested this under 0.15.37 and I cannot recreate your issue - launching satellites and non-satellite components. The silo_script is part of core that has been unchanged for most of version 0.15. The error above seems to be suggesting that the app cannot find this part of core, so maybe there is something wrong with your installation?

Sandman2003
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sandman2003 »

rfvgyhn wrote:Is there something special I need to to do get this running on a multiplayer server? I'm actually trying to run seablock on my server but just using spacemod causes the same error.

Factorio Version: 0.15.37
Spacemod Version: 0.3.1

It looks like the on config changed hook expects there to be players in the game. I didn't see a link to your source so I can't submit a PR, but checking if game.players is empty before printing "mod version changed processed" seems to fix the issue.
Ok, I will add an extra check into the next version (since you have been able to get around the issue I won't rush a version out with just this fix, since it seems a very rare circumstance. On the other hand I don't really need the message at all...)

doc776@gmail.com
Inserter
Inserter

Post by doc776@gmail.com »

Would it be possible to add a feature: Have the counters that track the ship parts like engines and stuff reset upon full completion. And an extra counter for complete ships launched, like once all diff parts are sent. But dont reset the dry dock part and maybe have 1 satellite requirement to complete the ship (surely we need spare satelites when traveling in deep space and this way we still need to make satelites and not scrapt hat factory section).

Right now once everything has been launched it spams victory messege after launching anything extra in any order was hoping for them to reset properly so i can grow into ultra mega base.

Sandman2003
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sandman2003 »

doc776@gmail.com wrote:Would it be possible to add a feature: Have the counters that track the ship parts like engines and stuff reset upon full completion. And an extra counter for complete ships launched, like once all diff parts are sent. But dont reset the dry dock part and maybe have 1 satellite requirement to complete the ship (surely we need spare satelites when traveling in deep space and this way we still need to make satelites and not scrapt hat factory section).

Right now once everything has been launched it spams victory messege after launching anything extra in any order was hoping for them to reset properly so i can grow into ultra mega base.
Sure, I will look into it.

jacfalcon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jacfalcon »

Sandman2003 wrote:
rfvgyhn wrote:Is there something special I need to to do get this running on a multiplayer server? I'm actually trying to run seablock on my server but just using spacemod causes the same error.

Factorio Version: 0.15.37
Spacemod Version: 0.3.1

It looks like the on config changed hook expects there to be players in the game. I didn't see a link to your source so I can't submit a PR, but checking if game.players is empty before printing "mod version changed processed" seems to fix the issue.
Ok, I will add an extra check into the next version (since you have been able to get around the issue I won't rush a version out with just this fix, since it seems a very rare circumstance. On the other hand I don't really need the message at all...)
I'm getting this same error trying to boot up my server. ETA to the fix? 0.3.2? Thanks!!!

Code: Select all

24.430 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:94: MultiplayerManager failed: "Error while running on_configuration_changed: __SpaceMod__/control.lua:261: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)"

Sandman2003
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sandman2003 »

jacfalcon wrote:
I'm getting this same error trying to boot up my server. ETA to the fix? 0.3.2? Thanks!!!

Code: Select all

24.430 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:94: MultiplayerManager failed: "Error while running on_configuration_changed: __SpaceMod__/control.lua:261: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)"
I am on vacation until Friday, so either as part of the version 0.16 compatibility release, or if 0.16 is delayed, I will push out a 0.15 fix first.

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

Hi! I'd like to repurpose this for use in scenarios (aka a softmod). I suspect it can be done via on_gui_opened. I'll give you credit of course.

Sandman2003
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sandman2003 »

Mylon wrote:Hi! I'd like to repurpose this for use in scenarios (aka a softmod). I suspect it can be done via on_gui_opened. I'll give you credit of course.
Sure, go for it

Mesarune
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Mesarune »

Sandman2003 wrote:
justneel wrote:Just an FYI that with the last version of Factorio and the mod, this mod crashes the app:

395.841 Error MainLoop.cpp:940: Exception at tick 44606078: Error while running event SpaceMod::on_rocket_launched (ID 10)
stack traceback:
__SpaceMod__/control.lua:306: in function <__SpaceMod__/control.lua:305>
395.841 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:94: MultiplayerManager failed: "Error while running event SpaceMod::on_rocket_launched (ID 10)
stack traceback:
__SpaceMod__/control.lua:306: in function <__SpaceMod__/control.lua:305>"
395.841 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:671: mapTick(44606078) changing state from(InGame) to(Failed)
Will look into it, thx.

I have tested this under 0.15.37 and I cannot recreate your issue - launching satellites and non-satellite components. The silo_script is part of core that has been unchanged for most of version 0.15. The error above seems to be suggesting that the app cannot find this part of core, so maybe there is something wrong with your installation?
I'm getting this same error too. It's on a server running SeaBlock, and a bunch of associated mods. I'm going through now disabling other mods to see if I can find the cause of the issue.

Has anybody else had this, and found a solution?

EDIT: It's definitely just due to SpaceX: If I disable SpaceX, and leave on all of the other mods the error doesn't appear. If I enable only SpaceX, and disable all other mods, I still get the error.

I've attached the savefile (for 15.40). If you load it with just SpaceX, you should get the script error (as well as a *lot* of items modified due to missing mods notifications).

EDIT#2: Everything seems to work just fine if I naively comment out lines 306 and 307 in control.lua (the two lines referencing 'silo_script'). I have no clue what this is actually doing though...
Attachments
WaterWorld2.zip
(6.1 MiB) Downloaded 141 times

Ober3550
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ober3550 »

I've been putting together a modpack with science cost tweaker and the modifications to the low density structure from seablock but I've found everytime I load into the recipes seem to be incorrect as though they are not recognising bobs mods in the pack which is causing the recipes to be too cheap in my opinion.

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

Looks like the crash on rocket launch is a problem with the mod assuming the player is playing the vanilla scenario. Any other scenario (like Seablock or, in my case, FactorioRPG) does not have that remote call available.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

(congratulations for putting a car into space) :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

thuejk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by thuejk »

So I tried 0.16 Sea Block.

Making 2 Drydock Assembly Components for SpaceX. Each take 50 Assembly robots, which each take 5 Fusion Powered Construction Robots, which each take 1 Portable Fusion Reactor, which each takes 250 Processing Units.

So in all, just for Drydock Assembly Components, I need 2*50*5*250=125000 Processing Units. Which is more Processing Units than you need for all yellow science for SpaceX (91726); and Processing Units are the hardest part of those sciences.

This seems excessive and disproportionate for the first component you need to build for SpaceX. All the other SpaceX components are far cheaper.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

thuejk wrote:So I tried 0.16 Sea Block.

Making 2 Drydock Assembly Components for SpaceX. Each take 50 Assembly robots, which each take 5 Fusion Powered Construction Robots, which each take 1 Portable Fusion Reactor, which each takes 250 Processing Units.

So in all, just for Drydock Assembly Components, I need 2*50*5*250=125000 Processing Units. Which is more Processing Units than you need for all yellow science for SpaceX (91726); and Processing Units are the hardest part of those sciences.

This seems excessive and disproportionate for the first component you need to build for SpaceX. All the other SpaceX components are far cheaper.
I haven't really played much with SpaceX... but isn't being excessive pretty much the point of the mod?
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

thuejk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by thuejk »

There is meaningfully excessive, and there is just randomly stupidly excessive. The fusion construction bot cost is just stupid, not a fun challenge.

Also, the previous version in 0.15 seablock used mk4 bots instead of fusion bots, which was a perfectly meaningful and reasonably cost. It seems likely to me that this change was somehow automatically, unintentional or made without considering the consequences.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Is there a way for you to make your techs ignore the science multiplier?
Since your techs have pretty high costs when they get multiplied by 5 it gets a bit excessive.. but without multiplier all normal techs seem cheap :D

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

by the way, in my older game, the costs were ok for me, but when i installed the Necromant mod, something changed the recipes to require a HUGE amount of Chitin Armour, which was made up of like 100 Chitin Fragments, which only came in good quantity from large biters, and i needed to kill about 100,000 biters lol...

do you happen to also have the Necromant mod installed? (if so, there is a way to tweak the recipe for getting more chitin, but when i tried it i needed to keep manually running some console commands to force the recipe to reload the new settings, as for some reason they never auto-updated, even on relaunching the game)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108

DOM78
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DOM78 »

I've built 8 drylock structures but the spaceX windows still shows "drylock structure component : 0/10".

what am I supposed to do ? to launch them with a rocket ?

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

hi they do need launching - i belive it was 1 per rocket in the satellite slot

eformo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by eformo »

Any know how compatible this mod is with certain other mods?

I'm specifically running Bob's (full suite) + Angels (full suite) + Pyanodon's (Coal+Industry+Fusion+ Touched by an Angel). The Bob's/Angel's versions are frozen a little in the past to avoid rebalancing/recipe changes that are ongoing in Bob's.

To ask a more specific question - if I try this, will it mess up my save?

Return to “Mods”