[posila][16.2] Unexpected error while loading vanilla game in Multiplayer (El.SubNet.::getDemand) MR

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Tony3D
Inserter
Inserter

[posila][16.2] Unexpected error while loading vanilla game in Multiplayer (El.SubNet.::getDemand) MR

Post by Tony3D »

Vanilla multiplayer game currently hosted called ".Factorio One | #01A | Default" was playing it a lot about 4 hours ago, I had a break from game, returned and now it has an unexpected error when attempting to load game. Game loads 19 meg and then the unexpected error dialog box appears giving option to provide the log files.

Loads map 19Meg. Last thing normal that was displayed is the "catching up" progress bar. Then the unexpected error dialog box appears. I do not think that this is a desync error (that message did not appear at any time) and also nobody else is currently playing on the map
Attachments
currently-playing.zip
play file for second attempt to replicate error
(297.18 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
factorio-current.log
Log for second attempt to replicate error
(1.08 MiB) Downloaded 167 times
factorio-current.log
(1.08 MiB) Downloaded 150 times
currently-playing.zip
(297.18 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
Last edited by Tony3D on Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: 16.2 multiplayer unexpected error while loading vanilla game

Post by Loewchen »

Post the save in question please. Also check if there anything in your mods folder.

Tony3D
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [16.2] Unexpected error while loading vanilla game in Multiplayer

Post by Tony3D »

Loewchen,
I did have seablock mods but not active because was playing the vanilla multiplayer game. I just erased all mods from the mod folder, attempted to reload the multiplayer map and the same reported error occurs and there is no change in the symptoms.

Being a multiplayer game I cannot see a save file specific to a multiplayer game anywhere that I can identify (all of the saves in that folder are at least 3 days old and are from previous version games)

I did try and search the entire factorio folder tree for any files that were updated in the past day. None of the file names appeared to be an obvious save file names sorry

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

You might find the save here: \temp\currently-playing, not sure if in application or installation directory.

Tony3D
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tony3D »

Loewchen,

I found out by opening a different multiplayer game Factorio currently actually creates the "temp" folder and "currently-playing" folder when it is loading the game (actually in the same folder where saved games and mod etc are stored).

When running normally It appears to actually delete the temp folder as well I guess as part of the cleanup.

However when this reported error occurs the temp folder is not deleted. I have zipped that folder content and have attached that as you requested.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. The log file you provided doesn't show any crash in it. Are you sure you uploaded the correct log file?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

This one might be related and has a stacktrace: 54798.

Tony3D
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tony3D »

Rseding91 wrote:Thanks for the report. The log file you provided doesn't show any crash in it. Are you sure you uploaded the correct log file?
I have opened game a number of times in past few hours. I cannot be confident that it was the correct file.

What I have done is replicate the error a second time a few minutes ago. The multiplayer server is still currently active. I took copies of the play folder and the log files and submitted them on the initial bug report. I didnt actually read the log file last time but this second version does seem to error messages towards the end of it

GeneralDotV2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [16.2] Unexpected error while loading vanilla game in Multiplayer (ElectricSubNetwork::getDemand

Post by GeneralDotV2 »

Attached is a copy of the save file that is causing the crash + a server side log.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(1.05 MiB) Downloaded 162 times
_autosave1.zip
(18.03 MiB) Downloaded 154 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [16.2] Unexpected error while loading vanilla game in Multiplayer (ElectricSubNetwork::getDemand

Post by Rseding91 »

GeneralDotV2 wrote:Attached is a copy of the save file that is causing the crash + a server side log.
Does it happen every time?

GeneralDotV2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GeneralDotV2 »

Yes, it happens every time. I downloaded the save to my local computer to try the same save in single player, same crash happens.

Edit: So I looked more into this by going into the map save archives for this server and found out that at the time of crash, a griefer was mass spamming artillery shells into the main factory to destroy most of the base from artillery wagons. You can see when you download the autosave files from the link provided below.

https://apps.win-serv.com/dl/id/162-01a ... -074810zip

Notice that the file named _autosave1_2017-1214-071340.zip is the non crashing save and _autosave1_2017-1214-074810.zip is the save 15 in-game minutes later when the game starts crashing after the damage is done from the artillery.

More autosave map archives can be found at this link if more map saves are needed to test. http://vault.win-serv.com/publicstorage ... _history_/

VonOx
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by VonOx »

Hey guys, i have the exact same behavior ( Windows client / Linux Server )

Can i help ?

Edit: Attached log/dump/map
factorio-dump-current.dmp
Dump
(514.18 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
factorio-current.log
client log
(16.01 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
kimsufi2.zip
Save
(14.26 MiB) Downloaded 127 times

Shuriken255
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Shuriken255 »

I have the same problem. I created world on 0.15 version, then me and my friend decided to move on 0.16.x versions. They were working fine until now. Also, while we both were playing third player tried to connect, but it also failed with crash. I give his log as well because it may be related to this problem.
Attachments
factorio-dump-current.dmp
Crash dump happened when i tried to start multiplayer game:
(530.44 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
factorio-current.log
Log of third player when he tried to connect:
(20.54 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
DEN2.zip
The world i tried to load and we were playing while our friend decided to connect:
(15.27 MiB) Downloaded 122 times
factorio-current.log
Here is log when it crashed now:
(25.23 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
Last edited by Shuriken255 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jintoreedwine
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jintoreedwine »

I am also experiencing this problem in 16.2.

1) Last night my friend and I were playing and everything was fine when we both logged out.
2) This morning I tried to login and my game crashed every time I tried to launch with the same error (log attached.)
3) Next I figured I would try restarting the server, but the server is now crashing when it tries to launch (log attached.)

I run the following OS configuration: Windows client (Win 10) / Linux server (Debian Stretch)

I attached logs and save file if that helps.
Attachments
broken-16-2-save.zip
The save game the server is attempting to load.
(19.77 MiB) Downloaded 112 times
factorio-server.log
Log from the server after I tried to restart.
(7.74 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
factorio-client.log
Log from the client before the server restart.
(13.19 KiB) Downloaded 129 times

VonOx
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by VonOx »

Just tested on linux client, same crash

jintoreedwine
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jintoreedwine »

I updated to 16.3 and this issue appears to be fixed for me now!

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

jintoreedwine wrote:I updated to 16.3 and this issue appears to be fixed for me now!
I was wondering if it might be related to a different fix we did in 16.3.

Can others confirm/deny it's working in 0.16.3?

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”