Intelligent Logistic Slider / Logistics UI

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

thierry
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Intelligent Logistic Slider / Logistics UI

Post by thierry »

To request a full chest, you have to put in higher numbers. For instance, 10K, 5K, 3K to get 9.6K, 4.8K and 2.4K.
The change from 0.10 towards "non-computer-numbers" is fine, but incomplete :ugeek:, i.e. networked chests could get 50 slots.
Or any other number that makes sense, after thorough thinking. If 200 is the new 256, maybe 40 is more like it.

Furthermore, the request counts of chests should correlate with the item, so you could only request 40-50 [48] blueprints.
I welcome the move to a decimal system logic, but slots of 16, 32, 48 feel inconsistent, to me.
I realize, there is more to it, to end up with an easier system, than just getting rid of everything non dividable by ten.
Maybe there is a place for the 25 in this world, who knows...

Also, personal logistic slots should only request numbers according to item stack size and personal storage slots.
Based on the stack size, of the selected item, there could be a tweaked stepping system up to the maximum number.

thierry
Last edited by thierry on Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
dcg81

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Chest-Slot (=<48) not corresponding to 10 based system

Post by ssilk »

The devs already stated two or tree times in the treads around these themes, that the stack numbers needs now balancing.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

thierry
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Chest-Slot (=<48) not corresponding to 10 based system

Post by thierry »

hello sir..., chief commenting officer, :roll:

sorry, i wasn't aware of that, and still couldn't find anything related to my idea/proposal/suggestion.
i wasn't talking about stacksizes in particular, only drifted into the topic of the whole system... and got lost in it.

what i meant was: number of storage slots available and the requestable numbers in the logistic slots.

the number of storage slots in logistic chests is 48, personal storage slots end at 60, if i remember correctly.
if you click a logistic slot in either interface, you can order 1,2,3,...10,20,30,...100,200,300,...1K,2K,3K,...10K,20K.
the numbers of the slider neither adapt to the ordering entity (character or chest), nor to the selected item.

my idea: if you have a chest and limited it's storage to 10 slots and want to order let's say blueprints, you click on the slot, then select blueprint, and the slider will then max at 10 on the right side. it would max at 60 for the character or for now... at 48 for a non-limited chest. the slider would go up to 2K for electric circuits at a 10 slot-chest and 120K for the character in that case.

my point in general: the slider should act differently. now you can slide without selecting anything and also numbers will stick w/o item.
the slider should realize which entity is ordering (character, [limited] chest) and what item, i.e. it's stack size, is ordered.
this way the maximum number, and the steps up to that number can be choosen more intelligently.

proposal: intelligent logistic slider

thierry

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Intelligent Logistic Slider

Post by ssilk »

Ah, sorry. Sometimes I've still problems reading carefully enough to avoid translation issues. :roll:

I think this direction is it about, what's needed:
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 079#p30710

In short: what I can choose depends on the context, which is on one side the item-type (=stack size), and on the other side the dimension (items, stacks, chests, wagons...).
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Turtle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Logistics UI

Post by Turtle »

I joined this into the older topic. -- ssilk

-----------------

I think it would be great to have buttons, along with the slider, to select quantities for requests in the logistics UI. Example:
ez-player-logistics2.jpg
ez-player-logistics2.jpg (77.32 KiB) Viewed 5428 times
Not only can you quickly request a stack of 50 or 100, you can also request numbers such as 1024. Simply click +1000, +10 twice, +1 four times. Why would you want something other than a stack? Let's say you want 16 accumulators, 18 solar panels, 3 substations. You can't request that right now, well, 3 substations yes... but not the others.

Another way to do it would be to have a +/- toggle and only 1 row of the 1, 5, 10, 50, 100, 1000. We would have to test to see which is more convenient.

bonob
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Logistics UI

Post by bonob »

The possbility to key in would be nice too.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Intelligent Logistic Slider / Logistics UI

Post by kovarex »

The fact, that we have 10 based stacks now makes this much more meaningful.

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Intelligent Logistic Slider / Logistics UI

Post by Neotix »

Or add space to write amount manually.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”