MOD [ 0.18.x / 1.1 ] Bio-Industries

Topics and discussion about specific mods
TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.15.x] Bio-Industries 1.9.4

Post by TheSAguy »

ReDragon wrote:
TheSAguy wrote:Bio Industries does not have a Crushed stone to Normal Stone recipe. Or have any reason to remove that recipe from another Mod...

Sorry.
When i activate bio industries after i start a game with omnimatter i got this message inGame:

The message is in german but i think you know that window
I've never used omnimatter, but it must be something his mod is doing. Have you reached out to him?
His mod removes stone, so I assume he removes this recipe. But he will probably need to substitute it with something so you can get to crushed stone again....

ReDragon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ReDragon »

[quote="TheSAguy"I've never used omnimatter, but it must be something his mod is doing. Have you reached out to him?
His mod removes stone, so I assume he removes this recipe. But he will probably need to substitute it with something so you can get to crushed stone again....[/quote]

With Bio-Industries activated i can't craft any furnaces. There is some issue betweend this two mods. I try to ask the maker of omnimatter.

marzolan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by marzolan »

Has anyone else had issues with the Musk Floor tiles crashing the game?

Specifically, my friends and I ran a large map on a headless server with essentially the full Bob's mods set, plus this and some other mods. As soon as I start placing the musk floor tiles, CPU and memory consumption climb steadily. I pushed this to see what happens by placing a 900-piece blueprint. On each placement, memory and CPU usage climb rapidly. By the third placement, memory and CPU usage max out and the whole server becomes non-responsive.

Just curious if anyone else has placed large numbers of these tiles and whether or not they've seen issues. I'm perfectly willing to accept it's an interaction with on of the other mods installed...

Keridos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Keridos »

Yeah, we are currently trying to remove them on my multiplayer game. It crashes sometimes when replacing them, see the log here: https://gist.github.com/Keridos/e30e886 ... 3c0e42c22d

Verin oloth
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Verin oloth »

Hi.

I love the mod, because I was running out of wood on my game. heh.
However, I think i have found an "issue" or an unintended feature.

My game is setup with waterfill (placing water where ever, and can be blueprinted) and I use lots of landfill to reclaim landmass.
However, after i added this mod to an existing save game, I am unable to remote place landfill.
Blueprints has been updated with fertilizer, and even if i have landfill in inventory, and order my own drones to place it, it shows up as fertilizer.

I am currently not using fertilizer, because i think the wood production without it is OP enough :-)
Side note. I have very little researched into this mod, so it could be that i am just missing something..

-Verinoloth
Edit:
Currently using factorio 0.15.37 and Bio industries 1.9.4

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

I saw that 0.16 is coming out this week!
I, unfortunately, won't have a PC this week, so the release of a Bio Industries for 0.16 might be a week or two late...
Unless anyone want's to take a stab at it :)

Thanks.

KyleSpades
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by KyleSpades »

Hey TheSAguy!

Just wanted to register here and say two things:

- thank you for such an amazing, game-changing mod!

- me and dozens of other people around the world will be anxiously waiting for that 0.16 version!

If I had any clue at all at modding I’d be happy to offer you a hand.

I’ll keep playing my 0.15 saves until then :)

Thank you an see ya!

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.16.x] Bio-Industries 2.0.0

Post by TheSAguy »

Okay, there were a lot of small code changes in 0.16 that affected my mod.
I did a quick update and got it running. I've not tested it though, so please let me know if anything is not working.

Todo:
I had to remove the rail tinting of the wood/concrete rails and the bridge rail is also vanilla.
I'll fix this when I have a moment.

Again, please let me know of you run into any issues.
Thanks.

GuiltyNeko
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GuiltyNeko »

Crash on load when used alongside bob's greenhouse mod. Both mods work fine without the other.

https://imgur.com/jrIV4U8

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

GuiltyNeko wrote:Crash on load when used alongside bob's greenhouse mod. Both mods work fine without the other.

yes bug me - I join the problem

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

Is it realistic for greenhouses to clean up pollution?
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

SpaceHippie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SpaceHippie »

Greetings beauty developers.

Don't know its a problem on my side ore the mod. When i expand my solarpanel imperium whit you new 'bio solar farm' 'save space, by condensing you solar panels into a compact unit.
I like the idea so i placed 71 of those bad boy's down.

71*3.6MW= should end me on highest point 255.6mw (thought all my problems where fixt for now)

But then i check the ingame electro netwerk info.

On highest pint when my baterie's are recharging (64 GJ) ( battry recharge rate 280MW)

you beaty solarpanerls only pike 13.8 MW

You Tesla solar panels 3.6k of them pike add 11.8 Mw

My othere solar panels are piking on 850mw whit a total 879mw consuming during day time.

Ore is there any calculation behind the scene i missing like a noob ? :mrgreen:

(when battry are recharge you solarpanels just producing, my 'larger solar panel from bob's mods) keep producing the need's of my factory 650 mw +/-.

Looks like you solar panels only start workings when the demands is larger then my 'bobs mods solarpanel don't produce enough' then kick in? i confused xd

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Airat9000 wrote:
GuiltyNeko wrote:Crash on load when used alongside bob's greenhouse mod. Both mods work fine without the other.

yes bug me - I join the problem
Thanks for the report.
Should be fixed in 2.0.1

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

SpaceHippie wrote:Greetings beauty developers.

Don't know its a problem on my side ore the mod. When i expand my solarpanel imperium whit you new 'bio solar farm' 'save space, by condensing you solar panels into a compact unit.
I like the idea so i placed 71 of those bad boy's down.

71*3.6MW= should end me on highest point 255.6mw (thought all my problems where fixt for now)

But then i check the ingame electro netwerk info.

On highest pint when my baterie's are recharging (64 GJ) ( battry recharge rate 280MW)

you beaty solarpanerls only pike 13.8 MW

You Tesla solar panels 3.6k of them pike add 11.8 Mw

My othere solar panels are piking on 850mw whit a total 879mw consuming during day time.

Ore is there any calculation behind the scene i missing like a noob ? :mrgreen:

(when battry are recharge you solarpanels just producing, my 'larger solar panel from bob's mods) keep producing the need's of my factory 650 mw +/-.

Looks like you solar panels only start workings when the demands is larger then my 'bobs mods solarpanel don't produce enough' then kick in? i confused xd
Thanks for the feedback. Not currently working on balancing, but will keep this in mind.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

ZombieMooose wrote:Is it realistic for greenhouses to clean up pollution?
You're growing trees, so yes, I'm okay with it.

SpaceHippie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.16.x] Bio-Industries 2.0.1

Post by SpaceHippie »

But more direct play advise, should i contine build you're beauty solar panel's, and one day It will produce the 3.6Mw like its promised? becaous its expesensive stuff :lol:
Ore should i go back making Verry big BLACK gap's around my factory whit ugly black solarpanel's? :cry:

Wanne go green but don't wanne end blackholls around the map xd

Thanks already for the fast respond and you time. mod dev

Tall3n
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.16.x] Bio-Industries 2.0.1

Post by Tall3n »

Now this mod is quite something. Sure Bob's Mods have ways to counter pollution indirectly (nothing like having speed and productivity without the increased pollution) but when I had a map start in nearly pure treeless desert and little water (sand does not absorb pollution all that well) it was rather worrisome to watch that cloud and only be ably to restrict it by shutting everything off for some time. Now I can combat it several ways in pleasant manners. After all, what is the point of colonizing a now toxic world.

Also I absolutely love the train bridge idea, seriously why isn't that a standard thing for vanilla I have no clue.

FalcoGer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.16.x] Bio-Industries 2.0.2

Post by FalcoGer »

Bug: I just want to use this mod for tree growing. So I disabled everything else in the mod options, including the tweak recipes.
But the rails still use concrete. I didn't check the other stuff.
I tried bug reporting on the mod download page, but well.
Should I file issues on git instead?

Also, as I already stated, I'd like to use only very specific aspects of the mod, but It wants to do everything. There used to be options to turn individual modules on and off, but that doesn't seem to be there anymore.
For examples it adds a bunch of stuff I don't want to use, such as wood pipes, wood rails, wood fences/walls, wood big power poles, even with all options disabled.
Could you please re-add the option to disable wood buildings?

Yinan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Yinan »

One thing I'm missing from this mod is the ability to create Lubricant. You can do Light Oil and Petroleum, but not Heavy Oil which is needed for Lubricant.

FalcoGer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FalcoGer »

the bio cannon is obsolete now with the artillery. maybe make it a different shell type instead?
in any case, this mod does too much, I would appreciate if you made it smaller bits and then people can choose which modules they want, such as bio fuel + charcoal making, or big wood poles + fences + rails.
I would do it myself, but that would mean maintaining it myself, and really it would only double up the work, so please make it modular. this is too much in a single package and it's not really connected to each other either.

Return to “Mods”