Mousewheel bindings for mods not functional?

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
dewiniaid
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Mousewheel bindings for mods not functional?

Post by dewiniaid »

So, for the mod I'm developing someone suggested that <modifier>+Mousewheel might make a good choice for default keybindings. I decided to try to get a feel for this myself, so I changed my bindings through the in-game UI to Alt+Mousewheel Up/Alt+Mousewheel Down and so forth.

Result: None of the events my mod has for inputs fire. Except, ONCE (while fiddling around) I managed to get one binding to consistently work until I went and played with them again.

Something seems to be happening though: If I bind alt+mousewheel down, alt+mousewheel up will zoom (which is bound to the default of just regular mousewheel up) the map but alt+mousewheel down does not.

This all seems to hold true regardless of which direction is bound and which modifiers (if any) are used.

I've tried these bindings with another mod and observed the same behavior

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Mousewheel bindings for mods not functional?

Post by foodfactorio »

hi, did you have any luck in trying to bind anything else with the mousewheel?
if so, maybe it is just the alt-key which is restricted in some way

what happens if you try binding that Feature with any other simple key... is it more of a feature issue, or mainly a binding issue (and if binding, just wondering if it is mouse-related, or alt-key related?)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

dewiniaid
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Mousewheel bindings for mods not functional?

Post by dewiniaid »

It seemed to be anything involving mousewheel, with any modifiers in question.

Return to “Modding discussion”