annoying landfill sound

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Lubricus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

annoying landfill sound

Post by Lubricus »

The landfill sound is so load and annoying so when I do much landfill I turn off the sound. Any others that think the landfill noise is bad and have to be changed?

markjn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: annoying landfill sound

Post by markjn »

agree

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Never had an issue with that - but that doesn't mean that no other could have one with it.

Hm, you do know that you can change the size of placed landfill? Placing bigger tiles would reduce the sound because your much faster. I just learned that in the last game of Factorio I played. :)
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Kayanor »

Nova wrote:Never had an issue with that - but that doesn't mean that no other could have one with it.

Hm, you do know that you can change the size of placed landfill? Placing bigger tiles would reduce the sound because your much faster. I just learned that in the last game of Factorio I played. :)
I also never had an issue with that, maybe my overall sound configuration (game settings, Windows settings, and hardware settings) is quieter than yours.

The problem with bigger sized landfills is that you need more landfills than if you place a lot of small ones, if you know the trick.
Former moderator.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

The SFX can get pretty loud when you place big patches at once. It's just the nature of the same sound overlapping itself.

Lubricus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lubricus »

bobucles wrote:The SFX can get pretty loud when you place big patches at once. It's just the nature of the same sound overlapping itself.
Nova wrote:Never had an issue with that - but that doesn't mean that no other could have one with it.

The SFX is overlapping for me and that is a big part of the problem so it get worse when I increase the fill brush size. It could be that it works different on different hardware. I have a quite ancient computer.

QuackerJ4ck
Inserter
Inserter

Post by QuackerJ4ck »

Working as intended:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=46118

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Kajanor wrote:

I also never had an issue with that, maybe my overall sound configuration (game settings, Windows settings, and hardware settings) is quieter than yours.

The problem with bigger sized landfills is that you need more landfills than if you place a lot of small ones, if you know the trick.
Only size 1 and its annoying. But 4 times cheaper makes it worth the effort to carefully place each 1x1 landfill. I really hope they would fix this.

tuplex
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tuplex »

I think placing landfill and launching a rocket are the loudest noises in the game. I'd like the landfill sound to be something like crumbling rocks, and about half the volume.

Return to “General discussion”