[Mod 1.1] Factorio Bitumen 3.1.1

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.15.34] Factorio DrugLab

Post by Shenpen »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Shenpen wrote:Does the game save need to be with the mod in an older mod-version?
yes
So changing the mod version (and hence the migration file) to something newer should, would, could and did work. Bingo!
Problem solved :)

Thank you!

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Migration is run once if the game detects that the mod version you have is newer/higher than the mod version in the save you are loading up.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Hi Shenpen
1) https://yadi.sk/i/yfaLpRFG3PcUvq - What the??? :shock: Ash from py coal processing? Maybe it was meant that you should use the ash from Bio Industries?
But ur mod hasn't any dependencies to ANY mods? only for base game! Is it normal? it is scheduled?

2) Tiny suggestion to u:

PetrochemPlus also has this salt but in solid form, i can produce tons of this salt from synthesis nitrous oxide recipe

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/kinnom/PCP
viewtopic.php?f=185&t=40273

3) THIS RECIPE KILLS ME https://yadi.sk/d/OOex73sM3PcVjc
Arch666Angel going to faint from such breach in balance

4) This Electrolysis can be actual only if we'll use only bob's but not angel's https://yadi.sk/d/WR8Jdkoj3PcWCu - i must say some recipe must be toggling off when angel's is detected

5) Ammonium nitrate also existing in angel's Petrochem in solid form
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

Arch666Angel wrote:Migration is run once if the game detects that the mod version you have is newer/higher than the mod version in the save you are loading up.

Yeah. I think I have it sorted now.
The code is great, but in order to use it, it helps a lot to actually know what it is doing... :)

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

aklesey1 wrote:Hi Shenpen
1) https://yadi.sk/i/yfaLpRFG3PcUvq - What the??? :shock: Ash from py coal processing? Maybe it was meant that you should use the ash from Bio Industries?
But ur mod hasn't any dependencies to ANY mods? only for base game! Is it normal? it is scheduled?

2) Tiny suggestion to u:

PetrochemPlus also has this salt but in solid form, i can produce tons of this salt from synthesis nitrous oxide recipe

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/kinnom/PCP
viewtopic.php?f=185&t=40273

3) THIS RECIPE KILLS ME https://yadi.sk/d/OOex73sM3PcVjc
Arch666Angel going to faint from such breach in balance

4) This Electrolysis can be actual only if we'll use only bob's but not angel's https://yadi.sk/d/WR8Jdkoj3PcWCu - i must say some recipe must be toggling off when angel's is detected

5) Ammonium nitrate also existing in angel's Petrochem in solid form
Hi aklesey1

1. A lot for me to sift through, so I will take my time reading.
2. For now: Soon on my list is sorting out compatibility with other mods. Not done yet, so your results may vary....
3. Where did you find a lathe?
lathe.png
lathe.png (5.67 KiB) Viewed 8765 times
4. What is your "tiny suggestion" and what salt are you thinking about?

Compatibility issues:
Factorio DrugLab is a standalone mod for Factorio.
It is not (yet) intended for use with other mods.

I am in no way surprised that you have a few problems.
They will be sorted out, but not today.

Initially I tried to build the mod based on Angels products, but found that I needed to do a stand-alone mod first and the return to compatibility issues AND the further potential that Angels products opens up. So compatibility soon, balance adjustments not so soon and further options not soon at all.

As I understand it, compatibility is really about this:
1. Sorting names so that recipes in two different mods will not have same names and thus compete for the same production. As long as you dont have a conflict over names, there is nothing wrong with having two different ways of producing an item.

2. Sorting names so that resources (items, stuff that goes on belts or in pipes) that can be made in both mods (or in mod and base-mod) can be used for either mod. This is made possible by giving them the same item name. This would seem to make the graphics-file for the item of one the mods excluded from gameplay, but that is what you would call a cosmetic problem.

3. Sorting out technologies, so that the mod does not inadvertently create a disruptive shortcut to advanced tech in another mod.

I guess that something can be done with data from english locale files iff they cover all item names and all recipe names.
You could then sort the critical names out on the basis of commonalities between the two x two sets of names.
Repeat that for all major mods (Base-mod, Bobs, Angels (including subsidiaries), pY-Coal, 5Dim, Yoki Industries, DyWorld, Bio Industries, KS Power, Deep core mining, Quarry, Asphalt Roads, Deep Quarry, Mining Tools, BioTech...) and you should have something that fit in nicely. Which ones have I forgotten about?

The problem with this is that as far as I know you can have a recipe in a mod that is not declared in the locale file.
You need the recipe name there if you want translations of the names, though. So I am not sure if this is a problem or not.
Another way of looking at this would be to think that locale files are key to solving compatibility issues, not just for translations.

Apart from pure functional compatibility there is the issue of balance: Does one mod make the gameplay of another mod trivial or obsolete?
As in does some mod allow you to make rocket science from wood? And thus short circuit the gameplay of much of Factorio. My main rule is that I dislike modifications that makes the gameplay easier and I mostly like mods that makes the gameplay harder. The exception to this, is when a modification makes a production-line too hard to be worthwhile or too hard to compete with alternative production-lines.

This is mostly a matter of taste, balance and common sense, with no hard rules. And of listening to people like you who would perhaps like to add mods without feeling that it makes things weird. Or listening to mod-makers if they have suggestions. That is at least how I understand the issues.

I hope that you will have some patience with this. :)
Factori DrugLab Chemical Factory.png
Factori DrugLab Chemical Factory.png (4.01 MiB) Viewed 8844 times
With regards to manganese ore specifically, that was actually a bit of the reason why I chose to do a stand-alone mod first.

In order to make potassium permanganate you do need manganese. In Angels' It would seem to be a bit of a choke point - intended or not* - and thus a part of gameplay balance.

In DrugLab you would need to find more efficient large scale ways to produce manganese, so there is a bit of tension.
Im sure that we can find ways to sort that out in a sensible manor, but like explained above, it might take a while.
*) Fucking intended for sure - I know for a fact that he enjoys tormenting people by making his production-lines intricate and complicated beyond any reason! :D
Last edited by Shenpen on Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

Xagros wrote:Very good :D
Please make a list of contributors :)
Like this?:
Linked_Credit.png
Linked_Credit.png (53.99 KiB) Viewed 8807 times
Link to you correct?

Factorio DrugLab SciencePack Factory1.png
Factorio DrugLab SciencePack Factory1.png (3.1 MiB) Viewed 8808 times

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.15.37] Factorio DrugLab

Post by Shenpen »

Updates for 1.4.0. :

Solid Fuel from Fuel Oil, Kerosine, Diesel.
Napalm Flamethrower, Napalm Canister.

Napalm Flametrower2.png
Napalm Flametrower2.png (484.51 KiB) Viewed 8788 times
Info video on Napalm Flamethrower:

https://youtu.be/CDZ54cvg0hY
Attachments
napalm-flamethrower.png
napalm-flamethrower.png (652.69 KiB) Viewed 8387 times
NapalmFlameThrower.png
NapalmFlameThrower.png (25.79 KiB) Viewed 8387 times
Last edited by Shenpen on Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

Updates for 1.4.1. :
Napalm turret, Napalm damage research, Research requirements reorganized, Performance enhancement in production of potassium permanganate, cocaine extraction mix and coco-paste, plastic from propane recipe. Compatibility changes for technologies.

Updates for 1.4.x :
headlineImage.adapt.1460.high.alberta_tar_sands_oil_070814.1404862716868.jpg
headlineImage.adapt.1460.high.alberta_tar_sands_oil_070814.1404862716868.jpg (1 MiB) Viewed 8368 times
tar sands.png
tar sands.png (1.83 MiB) Viewed 8356 times
Updates for 1.5.x :
nextup.jpg
nextup.jpg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 8782 times
aerial-view-1024x546.jpg
aerial-view-1024x546.jpg (173.8 KiB) Viewed 8744 times
fracking.png
fracking.png (2.77 MiB) Viewed 5937 times
Asphalt, Blast Cartridge(gp), Sand, Sludge, Emulsion

Compatibility changes

Bitumen benefits:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3296184/
Last edited by Shenpen on Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:02 pm, edited 6 times in total.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

OMG what's this? What u mean Shenpen?

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

aklesey1 wrote:OMG what's this? What u mean Shenpen?

Involves drilling.... 8-)

Where did you get the lathe (above) from?

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Shenpen wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:OMG what's this? What u mean Shenpen?

Involves drilling.... 8-)

Where did you get the lathe (above) from?
My education? U don't like my speaking english?

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

Where is this from?

Looks like a lathe.
Which mod is it from?

Google translation:

ะžั‚ะบัƒะดะฐ ัั‚ะพ?

ะŸะพั…ะพะถะต ะฝะฐ ั‚ะพะบะฐั€ะฝั‹ะน ัั‚ะฐะฝะพะบ.
ะ˜ะท ะบะฐะบะพะณะพ ะผะพะดะฐ ะพะฝ?

Xagros
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Xagros »

URL checked

Where can I check the original text? After reading it, I fixed only the awkward part.

๋งˆ์•ฝ์—ฐ๊ตฌ์†Œ

์ฝ”์นด ๋‚˜๋ฌด๋ฅผ ์žฌ๋ฐฐํ•˜์—ฌ ์ •๊ธ€ ์† ๋ถˆ๋ฒ• ์ฝ”์นด์ธ ์—ฐ๊ตฌ์†Œ๋ฅผ ๋งŒ๋“ค๊ณ  ์‹ถ๋‹ค๋Š” ์ƒ๊ฐ์„ ํ•˜์‹ ์ ์ด ์žˆ์Šต๋‹ˆ๊นŒ? ๋Œ€๊ทœ๋ชจ์˜ ๋งˆ์•ฝ ์ƒ์‚ฐ ์‹œ์„ค ๊ฑด์ถ•์— ๋Œ€ํ•œ ์—ด๋ง์„ ๊ฐ€์ง€์‹ ์ ์ด ์žˆ์Šต๋‹ˆ๊นŒ? ์•„๋‹ˆ๋ฉด ์ด ๋‘˜ ๋‹ค ์›ํ•˜์‹ ์ ์ด ์žˆ์Šต๋‹ˆ๊นŒ? ์ด ์ค‘์— ํ•ด๋‹น๋˜์‹ ๋‹ค๋ฉด ํŒฉํ† ๋ฆฌ์˜ค ๋งˆ์•ฝ์—ฐ๊ตฌ์†Œ๋Š” ๋‹น์‹ ์—๊ฒŒ ๋‹ค์–‘ํ•œ ์ข…๋ฅ˜์˜ ์‹๋ฌผ ์žฌ๋ฐฐ ๋ฐ ํ™”ํ•™ ๋ฌผ์งˆ ์ƒ์‚ฐ๋ถ€ํ„ฐ ์•ฝ๋ฌผ ๋ฐ ๊ธฐํƒ€ ์ œํ’ˆ์˜ ์‚ฐ์—… ์ƒ์‚ฐ๊นŒ์ง€์˜ ๋‹ค์–‘ํ•œ ์ปจํ…์ธ ๋ฅผ ๋‹น์‹ ์—๊ฒŒ ์ œ๊ณต ํ•  ๊ฒƒ์ž…๋‹ˆ๋‹ค. ์ƒ์‚ฐ์„ฑ์„ ์œ„ํ•ด ๋‹น์‹ ์€ ์‹๋ฌผ์„ ์žฌ๋ฐฐํ•˜๊ณ  ๋ฐ ํ™”ํ•™ ๋ฌผ์งˆ์„ ์‚ฌ์šฉํ•  ์ˆ˜ ์žˆ์–ด์•ผํ•˜๊ณ  ์ƒ์‚ฐ๋œ ์•ฝ๋ฌผ ๋ฐ ์ œํ’ˆ์„ ์‚ฐ์—… ์ƒ์‚ฐ์— ํ™œ์šฉํ•ด์•ผํ•ฉ๋‹ˆ๋‹ค.
ImageImage

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

Xagros wrote:URL checked

Where can I check the original text? After reading it, I fixed only the awkward part.

๋งˆ์•ฝ์—ฐ๊ตฌ์†Œ

์ฝ”์นด ๋‚˜๋ฌด๋ฅผ ์žฌ๋ฐฐํ•˜์—ฌ ์ •๊ธ€ ์† ๋ถˆ๋ฒ• ์ฝ”์นด์ธ ์—ฐ๊ตฌ์†Œ๋ฅผ ๋งŒ๋“ค๊ณ  ์‹ถ๋‹ค๋Š” ์ƒ๊ฐ์„ ํ•˜์‹ ์ ์ด ์žˆ์Šต๋‹ˆ๊นŒ? ๋Œ€๊ทœ๋ชจ์˜ ๋งˆ์•ฝ ์ƒ์‚ฐ ์‹œ์„ค ๊ฑด์ถ•์— ๋Œ€ํ•œ ์—ด๋ง์„ ๊ฐ€์ง€์‹ ์ ์ด ์žˆ์Šต๋‹ˆ๊นŒ? ์•„๋‹ˆ๋ฉด ์ด ๋‘˜ ๋‹ค ์›ํ•˜์‹ ์ ์ด ์žˆ์Šต๋‹ˆ๊นŒ? ์ด ์ค‘์— ํ•ด๋‹น๋˜์‹ ๋‹ค๋ฉด ํŒฉํ† ๋ฆฌ์˜ค ๋งˆ์•ฝ์—ฐ๊ตฌ์†Œ๋Š” ๋‹น์‹ ์—๊ฒŒ ๋‹ค์–‘ํ•œ ์ข…๋ฅ˜์˜ ์‹๋ฌผ ์žฌ๋ฐฐ ๋ฐ ํ™”ํ•™ ๋ฌผ์งˆ ์ƒ์‚ฐ๋ถ€ํ„ฐ ์•ฝ๋ฌผ ๋ฐ ๊ธฐํƒ€ ์ œํ’ˆ์˜ ์‚ฐ์—… ์ƒ์‚ฐ๊นŒ์ง€์˜ ๋‹ค์–‘ํ•œ ์ปจํ…์ธ ๋ฅผ ๋‹น์‹ ์—๊ฒŒ ์ œ๊ณต ํ•  ๊ฒƒ์ž…๋‹ˆ๋‹ค. ์ƒ์‚ฐ์„ฑ์„ ์œ„ํ•ด ๋‹น์‹ ์€ ์‹๋ฌผ์„ ์žฌ๋ฐฐํ•˜๊ณ  ๋ฐ ํ™”ํ•™ ๋ฌผ์งˆ์„ ์‚ฌ์šฉํ•  ์ˆ˜ ์žˆ์–ด์•ผํ•˜๊ณ  ์ƒ์‚ฐ๋œ ์•ฝ๋ฌผ ๋ฐ ์ œํ’ˆ์„ ์‚ฐ์—… ์ƒ์‚ฐ์— ํ™œ์šฉํ•ด์•ผํ•ฉ๋‹ˆ๋‹ค.
It is a google translation of the ordinary introduction:
"Do you want to set up your first jungle-lab for some primitive Bazoco? Do you have ambitions towards illicit drug production on a grande scale? In any case, Factorio DrugLab is what you need to take the wide variety of plants and chemicals available and utilize them in industrial production of drugs and other products."

Sir_Cherry
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sir_Cherry »

Hello, I've been running this mod with many others and there seems to be an incompatibility between this and omnimatter - liquid.
I've read that mod compatibility is planned but not currently being worked on, but I thought you might want to be made aware of this.
prototypes/recipy.lua:1431

I'm not an expert at modding but I believe that if you're defining "normal recipe" then you should also define the "expensive recipe", or at least the "default recipe".

In fact after changing it around the problem was solved: (This is what I meant by "default recipe" btw)

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

Hey Thanks!

Contrary to popular belief it is always very welcome when people can point out things that needs to be corrected or improved.
I will certainly have a look at this.

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

For 1.4.3
0.16 updates
German translation
[Hot-keys module-prep]
Wax chemical
Ash fc

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.16.04] Factorio DrugLab

Post by Shenpen »

Bughunting:

Napalm damage research inconsequence [hook the damage category in]
Normal vs. Expensive recipes
v
autoplace resource names

Updates:
Updates to translations of older versions
Update language to include prompt to do ingame updates after downloading and installing as external sites are not updated as frequently as the ingame system.
7 changes to research requirements for deepdrill. v

Upgrades:
Technology: Napalm Fire Warfarev
Wax fuel valuev
Graphics for manganese sedimentsv
Graphics fix for Big Oil Agitator
Recipe numeric optimization (primes)v
128-icon-prepv
Hot-key working module

Uploads: http for graphics addresses
Intro text legible
Intro video addresses

catalyst128.png
catalyst128.png (12.33 KiB) Viewed 4300 times
Last edited by Shenpen on Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

barcharcraz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by barcharcraz »

I'm getting " disable:Failed to load mods: Error while loading entity prototype "tarsands-dl" (resource): Frame count in hr_version doesn't match normal frame count in property tree at ROOT.resource.tarsands-dl.stages.sheet.hr_version
Modifications: Factorio DrugLab"

Running 0.16.7

barcharcraz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by barcharcraz »

I got things to load by eliminating the anim stages for tarsands-dl and changing the hr width and hight from 256x128 (the size of the image) to 64x64 (this size of the spirte. And also change stages and variations to 4,2 for the low resolution version

Return to โ€œModsโ€