My latest base in 0.9.6 - Very Organized

Post about Let's plays and streams.
gustavoghe
Inserter
Inserter

My latest base in 0.9.6 - Very Organized

Post by gustavoghe »

Hey Guys,

I just finished my first lets play video in Utube, so if you guys want to take a look at my latest base I will be glad to take some views.

The video features all my desings and some ideas to improve mobility. The game is 100% legit (no cheats) and I will aso be glad to get some feedback.

Thank you!

heres the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaTS_DfnWkA

RealityCh3ck
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: My latest base in 0.9.6 - Very Organized

Post by RealityCh3ck »

Nice Base, I enjoyed your tour.

gustavoghe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gustavoghe »

Hey thanks a lot for watching.

I have been working on that base since the video I made, and its getting bigger. That was my first game play video, so sorry if it was boring, I just wanted to share my base, specially the roads that i created to drive the car without crashing into things.

One thing that Im also proud of is the lab system, for to long i have been distribuiting the bottles myself, so i build that design.

I want to try DyTech mod, but im affraid it will not run properly in my saved game, so im considering starting a new one. But you know that time when you get the perfect map and dont want to start again? Yeah, thats me...so will see.

Bye

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Nicely done. I liked the overall layout you made and how you used belts to designate roads for your car. Have to say though that I did chuckle when you crashed it twice. :D

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by slay_mithos »

I have on tiny question though, why is your base nearly purely relying on your manual labour?

Well, your factory seems setup to be one of those heavily using logistic bots, so if you make tons of them, it could be a really nice factory.

I also liked your road setup, but I think it could even be slightly improved by putting belts to improve your vehicle speed, as they work on the car just as well as they do on foot.
I personally just use the fastest belts I have to make roads for foot, and when I get enough resources, even going with dytech mod's upgraded version (just because they make foot travels without power armour way faster than car^^).

Anyway, congrats on keeping your factory clean, it's something I always try, but never succeed, as I upgrade it on the go, and it always ends up being messy.

seanos1998
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by seanos1998 »

slay_mithos wrote:I have on tiny question though, why is your base nearly purely relying on your manual labour?

Well, your factory seems setup to be one of those heavily using logistic bots, so if you make tons of them, it could be a really nice factory.

I also liked your road setup, but I think it could even be slightly improved by putting belts to improve your vehicle speed, as they work on the car just as well as they do on foot.
I personally just use the fastest belts I have to make roads for foot, and when I get enough resources, even going with dytech mod's upgraded version (just because they make foot travels without power armour way faster than car^^).

Anyway, congrats on keeping your factory clean, it's something I always try, but never succeed, as I upgrade it on the go, and it always ends up being messy.
It may sound weird but... personally i like messy factories just cause they look so cool and complicated most of the time :D
It is a pain in the ass when you try to add a new production line though...

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Messy compressed factories are my fetish, that is why I made the tight spot challenge :)

Zourin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zourin »

Modular compressed factories are fun, but can be a challenge to scale up and route resources appropriately. Red and Green packs are not difficult to manage, but blue packs and the oil industries are hell on earth.

Once you get to that point, there's no choice but to make a dash for logistic bots and rebuild from scratch with a minimum of belts to handle high-throughput or short-distance feeding.

And good call NOT putting belts in to 'enhance' your car speed. Driving is already bad enough at a level of 'drunk on nyquil with vertigo and dysentery' to be adding even more speed on top of it. With no way to constrain where the car drives at velocity, you added a reasonable amount of free space to navigate without courting a disastrous obstacle course..

gustavoghe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gustavoghe »

First of all thank you guys for showing interest in my creation. I got 300+ hits on you tube, and although thats a very small number it is much larger than I would ever expect. I improved the base a little bit, but i dont think there is enough for a new video. But I will make a short one shortly.
FishSandwich wrote:Nicely done. I liked the overall layout you made and how you used belts to designate roads for your car. Have to say though that I did chuckle when you crashed it twice. :D
--> Lol, i did crash on the video, but that doesnt happen (that often) when im not recording. Thats why Im using this road design. I´ve bumped to many times in eletric poles to learn this valuable lesson.
slay_mithos wrote:I have on tiny question though, why is your base nearly purely relying on your manual labour?

Hey thanks for the suggestion, I tought about putting more belts to speed up things, but for me the car is fast enough, it is not easy to handle the car already, so i dont think i can put more speed on it. But you gave me an idea to make Highways, to travel long distances. Maybe the will be larger than the roads, and have more stuff on the sides to make it "safe"

This base was about beeing organized. I also fell on the compact model traps of expanding so i decided to build a base that would allow me to expand without having to rebuild everything. But that leads to another chalange, the automation. As you mantioned, my factory runs on logistic robots, but i dont have them always turned on becouse they deplete resources fast and dont distribute evenly. I think this is becouse i dont use the logistic wires. To be completely honest i dont have a clue how to use them and havent found a satsfactory tutorial.

Do you guys have anymore suggestions on what to should I do with the base? Do you guys like the lab setup?

Reygan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Reygan »

gustavoghe wrote:Hey Guys,
heres the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaTS_DfnWkA
Save, please :)
Daniel V. Lenskiy

gustavoghe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gustavoghe »

All right,

Here it goes

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9t9kc ... /Guga1.zip

My save, I have been playin gon it for a while so there will be some changes,

Thanks guys.

Reygan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Reygan »

gustavoghe wrote:All right,

Here it goes

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9t9kc ... /Guga1.zip

My save, I have been playin gon it for a while so there will be some changes,

Thanks guys.
Thank you too :)
Daniel V. Lenskiy

gustavoghe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gustavoghe »

Shameless bump of Bumpiness...

Hey guys, I just got 1.6 k hits on you tube. Thanks a lot for all the views... Im gonna start a base on Dytech 2 now. I hope you guys enjoy.

Laterz

Corbald
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Corbald »

First post! Anyways, every smart inserter is automagically wired into the logistic network. Make a central stockpile of storage chests then just tell the smart inserters on the output of your factories to only extract products when the system has less than a specified number of items in storage.

Argelle
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Argelle »

Nice tour of your base :)
If you don't mind, would you post a few screenshots of some parts? The oil aera would interest me most. I feel it is simpler to work it out.

gustavoghe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gustavoghe »

Argelle wrote:Nice tour of your base :)
If you don't mind, would you post a few screenshots of some parts? The oil aera would interest me most. I feel it is simpler to work it out.

Sorry about the delay, i just dont know how to post screenies. Im gonna have to look that up. Thanks for the input though..

gustavoghe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gustavoghe »

Hey guys,

After tons of work i made a "replica" of my base using Dytechs Mods, do you guys want to see a video about it?

Bye

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Yep!

HeilTec
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by HeilTec »

gustavoghe wrote:Hey guys,

After tons of work i made a "replica" of my base using Dytechs Mods, do you guys want to see a video about it?

Bye
Go for it! :D I will watch it. The old base looked very well done.
Google is my friend. Searching the forum and the wiki is always a first.

gustavoghe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gustavoghe »

Hey guys!

After a few years I decided in trying to do the utube channel again. Before I posted here, I made sure that the channel had more content though. No more GigaballAlien now its MightyGooga!

I just posted a short play on Factorio, its simple for you Factorio Addicts adn Experts, But its just the beggining. Soon enough I´ll make a nice lets play about this and show you guys how i got to that nice base design I posted a few years back.

I hope you enjoy and ask a little help to get this channel off the ground.

Here is the link.

https://youtu.be/4hMZMqsV8tI

I appreciate it!

Return to “Videos”