[MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Topics and discussion about specific mods
FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Mining Space Industries

Post by FerrariMAF »

biff_ccp wrote:Hello again, Ferrari.

I restarted and followed instructions. I again need a pen drive (1 Wheatley and 20 red circuits). But I have no Wheatley. I have not seen a Wheatley. I can make a Wheatley but it requires a Wheatley.

Have I missed something again? Where's my Wheatley?!?! :?:

Hi biff,
Please double check you mission control button. This wheatley + pendrive mission should appear after you research glados science, that requires flying. After flying you shoud have a mission to rescue Wheatley using Glados

biff_ccp
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by biff_ccp »

Strange. I went WAY back in the game to re-research flight and the message appeared. I'm pretty sure that I didn't get that message the first time. I certainly don't recognize it.

Thanks for the information.

Edit to add: I loaded my latest game and it looks like I can still get the Wheatley by adding the correct pieces into the wreck. Hopefully further missions will appear correctly. However, just so you know, earlier in the game I had a vortex appear in my power plants. I removed the power plant, the vortex disappeared, but the "secondary mission" to avoid the explosion of our buildings never went away.

topforce
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by topforce »

Finished game with the mod, my thoughts so far. Countdown is needed when next objective is triggered after time, it will help alleviate a lot of confusion. Gordon Freeman might fit in better than Einstein. And add patch notes on mod portal when you release new version. Overall I really like the mod, it adds some structure and smaller goals to go for. Triggering biter attacks after grabbing stuff from wrecks is nice touch.

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

biff_ccp wrote: Edit to add: I loaded my latest game and it looks like I can still get the Wheatley by adding the correct pieces into the wreck. Hopefully further missions will appear correctly. However, just so you know, earlier in the game I had a vortex appear in my power plants. I removed the power plant, the vortex disappeared, but the "secondary mission" to avoid the explosion of our buildings never went away.

I thing this vortex problem does not create a entry in the secondary missions on the mission control. It only creates a "goal" text in the upper left corner. All goal texts are closed when you open and close mission control board.

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

topforce wrote:Finished game with the mod, my thoughts so far. Countdown is needed when next objective is triggered after time, it will help alleviate a lot of confusion. Gordon Freeman might fit in better than Einstein. And add patch notes on mod portal when you release new version. Overall I really like the mod, it adds some structure and smaller goals to go for. Triggering biter attacks after grabbing stuff from wrecks is nice touch.
Thanks for your thoughts, topforce. Love the Gordon Freeman idea =)
Did not understant the countdown thing.

What do you think about shipwrecks and silo distances ? In our server we are playing with larger distances, and I still think it is easy
Also I´m thinking of more secondary missions, and maybe add some more main ones.

topforce
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by topforce »

By countdown I mean time displayed until next mission, something like: Next objective will start in 5 min 45 seconds. Shipwreck distance seems pretty good as is for single player, I had to go out of my way to get to them but it wasn't particularly time consuming. Running too far away for long periods of time might not be optimal since stuff can start randomly exploding in your base and it would extend time spent without adding much. And for silo I built railway for shipping parts, I don't see any benefits of having it much further away. More missions would be nice.

keri1966
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by keri1966 »

Every time I get to this, I get an error message. It happens after rescuing Einstein. Version 0.15.37 Build 30927 Steam Win 64
Factorio 01.jpg
Factorio 01.jpg (231.28 KiB) Viewed 8710 times

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

keri1966 wrote:Every time I get to this, I get an error message. It happens after rescuing Einstein. Version 0.15.37 Build 30927 Steam Win 64
Factorio 01.jpg

Hi keri, please update the mod. Hope this error was solved.

rebirth
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by rebirth »

I get this error when I want to start the game. And the game doesn't start.
Nieuwe afbeelding.jpg
Nieuwe afbeelding.jpg (5.27 KiB) Viewed 8698 times

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

rebirth wrote:I get this error when I want to start the game. And the game doesn't start.
Nieuwe afbeelding.jpg
Please download again rebirth

rebirth
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by rebirth »

It works now. Thank you very much FerrariMAF!

Muki
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Muki »

Hi,

great mod, I'm currently testing it on a new gameplay and I was wondering if I'm missing something or if it's a bug.
After getting GLaDOS i've a secondary objective to bring glados and a construction robot back to wreckage where I found it. I cannot complete the third point of the mission "disable the spaceship's reactor".
I've no requester chest near the spaceship like I had on the other wreckage. it has been about two hours since I completed the 8 minutes defense (second point of this objective). I don't remember seeing the chest appearing when I took glados back and the final wave of bitters was kind of a mess, so not impossible the chest got destroyed in the toxic cloud.

Am I missing something?
No other wreckage on the map (I cleared the 3 in the main base already and the military one)
game time 18h55 evolution 52.9%
I'm modded, mainly full Bob, Rampant AI, NE, Yuoki and some other QOL mods.

Thanks.

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

Muki wrote:Hi,

great mod, I'm currently testing it on a new gameplay and I was wondering if I'm missing something or if it's a bug.
After getting GLaDOS i've a secondary objective to bring glados and a construction robot back to wreckage where I found it. I cannot complete the third point of the mission "disable the spaceship's reactor".
I've no requester chest near the spaceship like I had on the other wreckage. it has been about two hours since I completed the 8 minutes defense (second point of this objective). I don't remember seeing the chest appearing when I took glados back and the final wave of bitters was kind of a mess, so not impossible the chest got destroyed in the toxic cloud.

Am I missing something?
No other wreckage on the map (I cleared the 3 in the main base already and the military one)
game time 18h55 evolution 52.9%
I'm modded, mainly full Bob, Rampant AI, NE, Yuoki and some other QOL mods.

Thanks.
Hi Muki
Do this "disable the spaceship's reactor" mission is shown when you click mission control button ? or it is just show in the left corner text. Missions texts are closed when you close the mission control screen.
But if it is shown when you open mission control, this may be a bug.
I´m telling you this because there is no chest in the ship where you took GlaDos back. The ship stays there. These reactor missions happen 3 times, only with the 3 initial shipwrecks
I´ll do some tests here.

PS: playing with bobs + NE is awsome with msi. Rescuing is really a mess! :twisted:

Muki
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Muki »

Hey!

thanks for the quick reply!
It's shown in the mission control and when I click the "view" button I have the text appearing on the left corner. Here are two screenshots.
And I tried to remove the marker on the map and it comes back, assuming I will have a further mission with this wreck later (?). I removed the marker for the military wreck after collecting and it didn't pop again on my map.
Image Image

PS: just a quick edit, I've now rescued gordon, the main objective is working fine but I still have the secondary objective active ;)

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

Muki wrote:Hey!

thanks for the quick reply!
It's shown in the mission control and when I click the "view" button I have the text appearing on the left corner. Here are two screenshots.
And I tried to remove the marker on the map and it comes back, assuming I will have a further mission with this wreck later (?). I removed the marker for the military wreck after collecting and it didn't pop again on my map.
Image Image

PS: just a quick edit, I've now rescued gordon, the main objective is working fine but I still have the secondary objective active ;)
Muky, I have tested the mod several times to see the problem with that quest, but it did not happen here. I could not find the bug yet.
This secondary quest will stay in your mission control, but will not cause any other problem. Good luck with Gordon ;)

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

Version 0.15.13 is out.
- New main mission added after researching Nuclear Power: to kill a giant beast that is darkening the sky..

directorjuno
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by directorjuno »

Just a small bit for you to look into whenever.

I got the Weatley and red circuits mission, and the last remaining wreck in the starting area wouldn't trigger the event when I placed them in the wreck's inventory. On a hunch I took them out to GLaDOS' wreck and placed them in, and the event triggered.

This isn't a big issue, but the mission states clearly to take Weatley to the wreck in the 'Starting Area'

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

directorjuno wrote:Just a small bit for you to look into whenever.

I got the Weatley and red circuits mission, and the last remaining wreck in the starting area wouldn't trigger the event when I placed them in the wreck's inventory. On a hunch I took them out to GLaDOS' wreck and placed them in, and the event triggered.

This isn't a big issue, but the mission states clearly to take Weatley to the wreck in the 'Starting Area'
This was fixed in the current version. But the fix affect games before the mission is given. Thanks for the info

keri1966
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by keri1966 »

Re: Wheatley & Red Circuits.
I have Wheatley but because I'm using mods I can't for the life of me figure out the Red Circuits. They show up if I run the base game with no mods
but seem to disappear using mods. Am I missing something obvious?
Could do with some help please.

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

keri1966 wrote:Re: Wheatley & Red Circuits.
I have Wheatley but because I'm using mods I can't for the life of me figure out the Red Circuits. They show up if I run the base game with no mods
but seem to disappear using mods. Am I missing something obvious?
Could do with some help please.
If any mod removes the red chips (advanced circuit) from the game, MSI will not be compatible with this other mod.

Return to “Mods”