[0.15.37] I can open the buildings through the map-biew

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
doppelEben
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.15.37] I can open the buildings through the map-biew

Post by doppelEben »

I dont know if its supposed to be the way it is. :?:

When I watch my base through the map-view (press "m" ) normally I cant open any buildings-popups. But if I have equiped modules in hand; I can access/open them.

Don't know if its a bug or a feature :lol:

What is it
---------
I can open the building-menus in the map-view

How do I do it:
----------
I equip some module, click on it to put it in the hand, and then click on any building, the building-menu opens now

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.15.37] I can open the buildings through the map-biew

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. Are you using any mods or are you playing the Sandbox scenario?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

doppelEben
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doppelEben »

ok, seems like its a mod-related issue. I just tried to recreat the problem with a vanilla-load of my savegame and it doesnt work anymore. Still interested in which mods I did run when I had the issue?

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

doppelEben wrote:ok, seems like its a mod-related issue. I just tried to recreat the problem with a vanilla-load of my savegame and it doesnt work anymore. Still interested in which mods I did run when I had the issue?
In that case its not a bug

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

I know that when 0.15 first released at least one of the long reach mods, had this "feature". (In 0.14 that particular long reach mod let you open anything you could see. When 0.15 dropped you could suddenly zoom in from map view and see anywhere you had radar coverage, hence you could open any chest/assembler, assuming you had radar coverage. It was convenient, and overpowered).

doppelEben
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doppelEben »

Klonan wrote:
doppelEben wrote:ok, seems like its a mod-related issue. I just tried to recreat the problem with a vanilla-load of my savegame and it doesnt work anymore. Still interested in which mods I did run when I had the issue?
In that case its not a bug
But if its not a bug, why can I only access all buildings/chest only with the modules in hand? I dont think its really supposed, coz now I can zoom-in from the other edge of the base, open with de modules a chest with, lets say steel in it, and grab me the amount I need. When I dont have any modules, I cannot do that.

But its for sure not a bug of the game itself, more like a bug of some of the mods.
Zavian wrote:I know that when 0.15 first released at least one of the long reach mods, had this "feature". (In 0.14 that particular long reach mod let you open anything you could see. When 0.15 dropped you could suddenly zoom in from map view and see anywhere you had radar coverage, hence you could open any chest/assembler, assuming you had radar coverage. It was convenient, and overpowered).
yeah; thats why I asked; because its way overpowered and drastically shortens the distance one has to walk/drive

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

I'm pretty sure that when Klonan said it's not a bug, he meant that if it doesn't happen in vanilla, but does happen with a mod (or a combination of mods), then it's not a bug in vanilla. It could easily be a bug in a mod, If you can work out which mod is causing it, then it might be worth asking that mods author whether this behaviour is intended.

doppelEben
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doppelEben »

Zavian wrote:I'm pretty sure that when Klonan said it's not a bug, he meant that if it doesn't happen in vanilla, but does happen with a mod (or a combination of mods), then it's not a bug in vanilla. It could easily be a bug in a mod, If you can work out which mod is causing it, then it might be worth asking that mods author whether this behaviour is intended.
Will do as soon as my game works again :)

Lav
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lav »

Zavian wrote:I'm pretty sure that when Klonan said it's not a bug, he meant that if it doesn't happen in vanilla, but does happen with a mod (or a combination of mods), then it's not a bug in vanilla. It could easily be a bug in a mod, If you can work out which mod is causing it, then it might be worth asking that mods author whether this behaviour is intended.
It could also be a bug in the game which is caused by specific conditions that are not present in vanilla.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

You've got a mod that's changing the character build distance/reach distance. It's as simple as that.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

It is strange you can open an entity gui with item in cursor whereas you can't do it without the item. If I remember correctly you shouldn't be able to open entity GUIs from zoom-to-map, except for entities you can open from map (train stops, trains, electric poles)

doppelEben
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doppelEben »

Rseding91 wrote:You've got a mod that's changing the character build distance/reach distance. It's as simple as that.
Its not. I have long-reach yes. But then either its a bug that I can't access all chests/buildings, or that I can access them (only) with the module in hand. Either way, something doesnt work like its supposed to I guess.

But I try to isolate the mod/condition it happens, as soon as my game is working again, got some spare time this evening anyway

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Thanks for the report.
I won't be possible to open GUIs even when holding an item in cursor in 0.16

doppelEben
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doppelEben »

posila wrote:Thanks for the report.
I won't be possible to open GUIs even when holding an item in cursor in 0.16
yw :)

But another question about the modules. In this particular savegame; I managed to put 2 productivity-modules into the steel-electric-furnace and iron-plate-electic-furnace.

On the copper-electric-furnace, it writes the default-error that the productivity module only can be used to "not-final-step-products".

Is it a bug that I was able to put them into the iron-plate- and steel-ones? If so, should I report that separate?

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

In vanilla it is possible to put productivity modules also to electric furnaces smelting copper ore to copper plates.

doppelEben
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doppelEben »

posila wrote:In vanilla it is possible to put productivity modules also to electric furnaces smelting copper ore to copper plates.
oh ok I thought the bug is that it works with the steel/iron-plates :D

but nevermind; I guess there are so much mods interacting with all other that there HAVE to be some little bugs.

Can be closed here aswell since its fixed for 0.16

(btw I just realized I could open the chests even with circuits in hand, not just modules)

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”