Aubog007
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.15.19

Post by Aubog007 »

orzelek wrote:
TheSAguy wrote:Got this error with using Reverse factory:
Thats a funny one.
It's totally reverse factory issue but it writes it's not.
Recipe format is proper and accepted by vanilla. There is no need to have expensive with normal :D
Well just make a fake expensive recipe then? Something triggered it and reverse factory worked fine until rampant updated.

EDIT: Rampant caused omnicompression to mess up too, "expensive a nil value"

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

TheTom wrote:Update, crash.

"graphics/entities/chest/itemCOllectorOverlay2.5.pnk" sis too large (max 2048 px in either direction is allowed)
This should be fixed in the latest build, when you run low resolution sprites the max sprite size is 2048, but on high it is 4096.
So the draw back is that the item collector visual display range will be a half chunk less then the actual collection distance.

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

TheSAguy wrote:Got this error with using Reverse factory:
This should be fixed in the latest build as well. I added an expensive version at just double the resources.

totobest
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.15.20

Post by totobest »

I mined a "ItemCollector" and then:

Code: Select all

1071.289 Error MainLoop.cpp:940: Exception at tick 36650126: Error while running event Rampant::on_tick (ID 0)
__Rampant__/libs/WorldProcessor.lua:33: attempt to index local 'itemCollectorPair' (a nil value)

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.15.21

Post by Veden »

totobest wrote:I mined a "ItemCollector" and then:

1071.289 Error MainLoop.cpp:940: Exception at tick 36650126: Error while running event Rampant::on_tick (ID 0)
__Rampant__/libs/WorldProcessor.lua:33: attempt to index local 'itemCollectorPair' (a nil value)
Thanks for the report, this should be fixed in the latest build.

Hugger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hugger »

What's happened with custom AI (dev option) development? It looked like the interesting idea. Is it abandoned? :(

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

Hugger wrote:What's happened with custom AI (dev option) development? It looked like the interesting idea. Is it abandoned? :(
Far from abandoned, but that isn't to say it is moving quickly.

It wasn't stable enough and wasn't getting completed fast enough, so I removed the option.

The custom AI is still very much in the mod and I'm slowly developing it.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Veden wrote:
Hugger wrote:What's happened with custom AI (dev option) development? It looked like the interesting idea. Is it abandoned? :(

It wasn't stable enough and wasn't getting completed fast enough, so I removed the option.

Glad to hear this.

Icone
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Icone »

Veden wrote:

Custom AI would be prefered, anything that can make the mod more FPS friendly. Currently in our rampant game I get stuck at 1-5 FPS every night. (4-6 attacks from different directions minimum).

Mr.YaR
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Mr.YaR »

Hello!

Thank you for your work on Rempant! Enjoying it greatly(LAN, no additionnal ennemies).

Some questions:
- Biters flank nicely, retreat somehow, impress us sometimes - but they seem to "aggro"(player or base) only at close range from their base - could you create a setting to adjust "aggro" distance(radius?) further??? Or inform where in the code this could be changed/augmented? (maybe a setting already exists - but we missed it)

- Default biters seem a bit weak, what could be done to make them stronger? (No liking bob balance and natural evolution caused us troubles in multiplayer strangely)
I'm thinking about editing their HP (simply multiplying it by something like *2 for high HP biters and *3 for low HP)

- Rampant projectiles (those biters use) work well(mechanics) - how are they done?
Is it a set of default ingame settings or is it additionnal code?

Settings explanation:
- Chunk attack thershold (the two chunk setttings)
??? What does that exactly mean please, how does this work?

- Player score contribution
Does this impact how biters react to player developement? or is this how developed biters themselves should be to "attack/act"?

PS: Playing LAN with AAI (tested with around 60 tanks and 3 players) and having 0 troubles coming from rampant

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

Mr.YaR wrote:- Biters flank nicely, retreat somehow, impress us sometimes - but they seem to "aggro"(player or base) only at close range from their base - could you create a setting to adjust "aggro" distance(radius?) further??? Or inform where in the code this could be changed/augmented? (maybe a setting already exists - but we missed it)
Short Version:
Reducing the starting chunk attack threshold will cause the biters to be more sensitive to players and player bases.
Reducing Player score contribution threshold will cause the player to have more of an aggro'ing effect on biters.
One thing to keep in mind is that unless the pollution cloud or the players pheromone cloud cover nests, attack squads will not form.

More Detail:
The starting and ending chunk scoring let you configure the aggregate score threshold of pollution, player, and base which when the threshold is passed allows the chunk, if a nest exists on it, to spawn an attack squad. The starting and ending score correspond to the bounds of the aggregate score threshold between 0 evolution and 100% evolution.
The player score contribution threshold changes when the players pheromone cloud contributes to the start and ending attack threshold. Currently the players pheromone cloud at a distance of about 4 chunks from the player is roughly 4 pheromone points with the highest point being the player at 50 pheromone points. (multiple players in the same area stack)
So until the players pheromone points reaches the player score contribution threshold it is actually worth zero towards the chunk attack threshold.
Example)
starting threshold = 15 (default is 20)
ending threshold = 0 (default is 0)
evolution factor = 25%
aggregrate score threshold = 11.25

let me know if those do enough for you, otherwise we can talk further.
Mr.YaR wrote:- Default biters seem a bit weak, what could be done to make them stronger? (No liking bob balance and natural evolution caused us troubles in multiplayer strangely)
I'm thinking about editing their HP (simply multiplying it by something like *2 for high HP biters and *3 for low HP)
I agree and what you have mentioned would work.
I have tried to hold off on making unit stat and ability changes because I don't like how nests blanket the planet, so when I change the way the nests are built and generated I will fix the units accordingly.
Mr.YaR wrote:- Rampant projectiles (those biters use) work well(mechanics) - how are they done?
Is it a set of default ingame settings or is it additionnal code?
The basis of the projectiles are the flamethrower with very short bursts and long delay.
They are code that I wrote for the mod and not included in the vanilla game.

Mr.YaR
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Mr.YaR »

Oh, a perfect description!

We'll do some testing - we'll see if we understud enough =)

Are these "mod settings" tweak-safe in an MP game? (Seems yes)

I have tried to hold off on making unit stat and ability changes because I don't like how nests blanket the planet
Reading you - i've found my zerg-mod-creator of choice - you're not the only one disliking this blanket phenomenon.
The basis of the projectiles are the flamethrower with very short bursts and long delay.
They are code that I wrote for the mod and not included in the vanilla game.
Thinking about trying to adapt the flamethrower stream for low caliber weapons burst fire and higher caliber(shells) fire.
Do you think there is hope for shell/bullet mechanics? Factorio is my first "coding"(more editing than coding actualy) experience, so i'm wasting tonns of time understanding stuff =(
Actualy the target_type = position and direction seem to always produce friendly fire and i didn't find out how to flag the shells to damage ennemies only --if possible at all

acceleration = -0.0008, + starting_speed = 0.45, = shell range (shells simply fall after some time)
Would this work with fake stream shell mechanic?

PS: i would ask you to use your zerg projectile mechanic for shells - but i don't understand a sht when i try to read it lol and i'll try to produce something myself first =D

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

Mr.YaR wrote:Thinking about trying to adapt the flamethrower stream for low caliber weapons burst fire and higher caliber(shells) fire.
Do you think there is hope for shell/bullet mechanics? Factorio is my first "coding"(more editing than coding actualy) experience, so i'm wasting tonns of time understanding stuff =(
Actualy the target_type = position and direction seem to always produce friendly fire and i didn't find out how to flag the shells to damage ennemies only --if possible at all
Yes, the mechanic should work for shells.
Programming in general is lots of time spent learning things, I wouldn't consider learning new things a waste of time even if the progress feels slow.
Mr.YaR wrote:acceleration = -0.0008, + starting_speed = 0.45, = shell range (shells simply fall after some time)
Would this work with fake stream shell mechanic?
Will it work, yes. Will it arc, no.
The flamethrower prototype follows a hardcoded parabolic arc that you will have trouble replicating without using the flamethrower or writing the custom arc code.

You may want to take a peek at the source of https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Earendel ... rojectiles
It contains a version of the projectiles with rockets as the basis that target position as opposed to homing.

If you have questions feel free to pm me or post your questions.

Space_Lettuce
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Space_Lettuce »

Just wanted to say thanks for your mod! I started my first map in Factorio with a lot of mods, this mod included. I then tried a map with vanilla(no mods) just to see the difference, and WOW! I can't imagine Factorio without the biters being so plentiful, and dangerous! This really should be part of vanilla, as an option.

In addition to that, I thought I'd ask about the only concern I have about this mod...
When I set the difficulty to 5 and the max group size to 400(or anything over 200-ish) the aliens move near the edge of my walls, then the front aliens trickle in, and the main group in the back just runs in circles. Without attacking in their full numbers, all at once, the aliens make it too easy to pick them off as they trickle in.

I didn't know if you were aware of this or not, since I haven't seen anyone mention this, so I thought I'd mention it.

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

Space_Lettuce wrote:Just wanted to say thanks for your mod! I started my first map in Factorio with a lot of mods, this mod included. I then tried a map with vanilla(no mods) just to see the difference, and WOW! I can't imagine Factorio without the biters being so plentiful, and dangerous! This really should be part of vanilla, as an option.

In addition to that, I thought I'd ask about the only concern I have about this mod...
When I set the difficulty to 5 and the max group size to 400(or anything over 200-ish) the aliens move near the edge of my walls, then the front aliens trickle in, and the main group in the back just runs in circles. Without attacking in their full numbers, all at once, the aliens make it too easy to pick them off as they trickle in.

I didn't know if you were aware of this or not, since I haven't seen anyone mention this, so I thought I'd mention it.
Glad you like it.

The issue you are seeing has to do with how factorio handles pathfinding, which I can add some stuff to make the mod alot less efficient to overcome the factorio pathing issues.
The other option is to rework how the biters bases spread and the number and composition of units. so instead of trying to coordinate 200ish units its more like 50 but with at least equivalent strength.

mkaito
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.15.22

Post by mkaito »

Rampant significantly (x10 or more) increases the time it takes to save a game. I play with a fair few mods, but I've singled out Rampant by toggling mods on and off. Disabling Rampant reduces the save time by a factor of 10.

With Rampant enabled, it seems the game just sits there for a while before the save bar will even move. This makes up the bulk of the time spent "saving". But even the time spent with the bar moving is increased slightly.

I attached the save where I observed this. It's not an isolated save, just the thing I was playing before I got annoyed at the huge save times and started disabling mods looking for the culprit.

Factorio 0.15.37

Rampant 0.15.22 from the in-game mod portal
Attachments
Railyards of Glasgow 2.zip
(67.99 MiB) Downloaded 134 times

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.15.22

Post by Veden »

mkaito wrote:Rampant significantly (x10 or more) increases the time it takes to save a game. I play with a fair few mods, but I've singled out Rampant by toggling mods on and off. Disabling Rampant reduces the save time by a factor of 10.

With Rampant enabled, it seems the game just sits there for a while before the save bar will even move. This makes up the bulk of the time spent "saving". But even the time spent with the bar moving is increased slightly.

I attached the save where I observed this. It's not an isolated save, just the thing I was playing before I got annoyed at the huge save times and started disabling mods looking for the culprit.

Factorio 0.15.37

Rampant 0.15.22 from the in-game mod portal
Your map is huge, Rampant makes a copy of the game map in memory to make it run fast. I can potentially find ways of reducing the memory footprint at the cost of UPS.

Loading123
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.15.24

Post by Loading123 »

We are getting consistent desync after added Rampant back to the server. We had removed most of our mods and started to add stuff back one at a time and after about a day with Rampant we have run into issues. I have the 2 desync reports on my webserver http://sawchuk.horse (currently uploading)

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.15.24

Post by Veden »

Loading123 wrote:We are getting consistent desync after added Rampant back to the server. We had removed most of our mods and started to add stuff back one at a time and after about a day with Rampant we have run into issues. I have the 2 desync reports on my webserver http://sawchuk.horse (currently uploading)
Have you tried loading the save with the mod enabled, save the game, reload the save. Do the desyncs continue?

Altaric
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.16.2

Post by Altaric »

Hello,
I'm running a modded server and it appears that Rampant might be causing desyncs.
It happens roughly one minute after someone joins, but not if the server has been restarting in the last 10 minutes (numbers are very subjective)

I have Isolated Rampant via trial and error, by removing mods one by one until it's stable.
I can provide any info you like, including live testing.
Discord : Altaric#6865

mod list : 
Blueprint_Flip_Turn_1.0.0.zip
EvoGUI_0.4.301.zip
FARL_2.0.1.zip
LoaderRedux_1.2.1.zip
Nanobots_2.0.2.zip
Rampant_0.16.2.zip
Squeak Through_1.1.8.zip
Sulfuel_1.0.2.zip
bobassembly_0.16.0.zip